UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Longo

Shows up on Duke, Vanderbilt, and Wake Forest's Rivals pages.

Nothing much else except a quote from an article about recently losing his HS football coach. Sounds like a good kid:

"Everybody's real torn up because he was a great person," Central Gwinnett senior Michael Longo said. "Us as players, we all talked about it and if we had to describe him, we'd say he was an angel with a whistle. It's unbelievable how a person could come into our lives and impact so many people in such a short time.

"He was more of a father figure to us than a coach. No matter what we were going through, he would listen to us and not judge us, and he'd give us the best advice. More than football players, he wanted us to grow up and be respectable men.

"He was a great guy and he always pushed us. He always believed in us, even when we didn't believe in ourselves."

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?...;ArticleID=9183

Quote from my buddy and UAlbany alum who teaches at Harrison High in Cobb County (also metro Atlanta). I cleaned it up by adding the **. Just his opinion but since he works in an Atlanta high school and is "encouraged" to attend games, he ought to have some idea.

--------------------------------

"as far as collins hill and central gwinnett, we kick their a** every year, they're not too good, but thats only the team, those players may be good, they're reputable schools as far as football goes. Grayson HS makes the state championship alot, we play them often..

Some schools that recruit heavy, and have a reputation for having good players and coaches are listed below...

Lowndes County HS

North Cobb HS (they were 1st place almost all season last year)

Harrison HS (We are always good, our coaches consist of players from UGA and one ex-NFL player)

Mill Creek HS"

Besides the University's announcement, last Saturday's Troy Record said Catholic Central DB/QB Chris Bouchard signed a letter of intent, and also lists Justin Anderson (Shenendehowa), Sean Kenny (Chatham), and Guy Robichaud (LaSalle) as committed to Albany.

It was a good article. I would have liked more information on which other schools recruited him. It helps me guage the perceived quality of the prospect. This year's prospects do lead me to believe that we are giving more full rides.

This is our first 30 scholarship year, correct? Last year was 23, if I recall. Now we're waiting for either the NEC to make a scholarship jump to 45 or so or better yet, UA finds a new home? I want a full 64 scholly conference but then again so do we all, right?

Besides the University's announcement, last Saturday's Troy Record said Catholic Central DB/QB Chris Bouchard signed a letter of intent, and also lists Justin Anderson (Shenendehowa), Sean Kenny (Chatham), and Guy Robichaud (LaSalle) as committed to Albany.

It was a good article. I would have liked more information on which other schools recruited him. It helps me guage the perceived quality of the prospect. This year's prospects do lead me to believe that we are giving more full rides.

This is our first 30 scholarship year, correct? Last year was 23, if I recall. Now we're waiting for either the NEC to make a scholarship jump to 45 or so or better yet, UA finds a new home? I want a full 64 scholly conference but then again so do we all, right?

Right. We should be at 30 rides this year. Obviously not all full rides, but some fulls. We'll have a much better idea of where our program is going when the vote for an NEC auto-bid happens in April (28th I believe). I see a couple possibilities:

1. The vote passes and the NEC stays at 30 rides for the foreseeable future. We stay until there is a CAA shake up in 2011 or 2012.

2. The vote fails and UA, Central Conn., and Monmouth push the NEC to jump to 45 rides. If that happens I can see us in the NEC for another 5 or 6 years. With 45 rides we would be a legitimate at-large contender every year and the auto-bid would not be as important for right now.

3. The vote fails and the NEC doesn't move from 30 rides. I see us up and out sooner rather then later, with the possibility of an independent year or the America East football conference proposal getting some steam again. This is the worst case scenario in my eyes.

Of course, without a stadium or at least $10 million worth of improvements to University Field, no other conference will ever invite us.

• 3 weeks later...

Marc Holloway, an OLB signee from East High School in Rochester, has been showing some basketball skills as well. His 23-1 East team (Section V) has advanced to the Western Regionals of the Class AA State Tournament.

"An old-fashioned three-point play by Holloway was the start of East's 17-4 run. Holloway, a 6-2 junior who will play college football on scholarship at State University of New York at Albany beginning this fall, added a mid-range jumper before Jerrold Brooks made a 3-pointer during the push."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...350/1007/SPORTS

Marc Holloway, an OLB signee from East High School in Rochester, has been showing some basketball skills as well. His 23-1 East team (Section V) has advanced to the Western Regionals of the Class AA State Tournament.

"An old-fashioned three-point play by Holloway was the start of East's 17-4 run. Holloway, a 6-2 junior who will play college football on scholarship at State University of New York at Albany beginning this fall, added a mid-range jumper before Jerrold Brooks made a 3-pointer during the push."

I'm surprised that nobody has demonstrated against that team nickname yet.

I'm surprised that nobody has demonstrated against that team nickname yet.

yeah seriously. The "Orientals"?

Archived