UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Update on Coach Brown's website

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UA66,

This type of speculation is essentially what feeds mesage boards or gives them a need for existance. If you just merely wanted to see the scores to a game, you can always look at a Box Score. This board discusses things more in detail. In fact, if anything, this type of speculation gets more cleared up than anything else - i.e when Dane96 (who seemingly has a firm grasp of the team in terms of their play and mental state) helps dispell the rumor about Turley is false. It is no different than commenting on what your favorite pro-team might do trade wise or free agent wise. The reason this is no different is that while htese athletes are in the collegiate level, they are brought here via scholly or financial aid to do a particular job. It comes with the territory. The bottom line is that collegiate sports are treated like a business, both for the players (they do whats best for them and leave if they feel a better opportunity arises) and the teams. Discussion is fair game. We aren't bashing someone or their character.

On a side note, as I asked before, what do you guys think will happen with Raffa/Martin/Ambrose? With Martin and Ambrose being Soph's next year and Raffa being a freshman, what is going to happen with that logjam going forward? We have that contigent for 3 years.. I'm OVERLY excited but curious :)

Someone evidently isn't coming back, could it be Reid who has been out both seasons he's been here(?), or could it be Billy Allen's back(?) or maybe it could be Rob Moores, he hasn't gotten too much run and he could do it because he still has 2 years eligibility left.

Or as they say in some pro trades - could it be a player to be named later?

Or is it an underslassmen (this yrs JR class)?

????????????????????????????????

I won't drive myself nuts with this one.

Gifford? Turley? Moores? Anderson? Josh? Tim? Hastings? Def not Connelly or Jimmie.

I have heard some whispers Turley is homesick for Texas.

are you an authority ? I only wrote what I heard mentioned

Completely FALSE about Turley. And Allen, if homesick at all, is not going anywhere. In fact, it was his talk to Aronholt that probably closed the deal for us-- he basically said Aronholt shouldnt go to the boonies of Bowling Green and instead should come to Albany because how great the place was.

Great Post - UA66

Brown's recruiting could be for the future (09/10 season) we already know he's interested in several kids from Iowa.

Guys and gals, we already know from Will Brown's blog that he is recruiting for a possible addition for next year.

are you an authority ? I only wrote what I heard mentioned

Completely FALSE about Turley. And Allen, if homesick at all, is not going anywhere. In fact, it was his talk to Aronholt that probably closed the deal for us-- he basically said Aronholt shouldnt go to the boonies of Bowling Green and instead should come to Albany because how great the place was.

I'll say it again. Completely False. However, I am not denying you someone told you that.

Great Post - UA66

Brown's recruiting could be for the future (09/10 season) we already know he's interested in several kids from Iowa.

Exactly. Some even said he was recruiting Galloway out of Florida-- i found that rather shocking because I saw him play...and the kid is high-major. It turns out, we were not recruiting Galloway.

S-money -

possible addition
Doesn't sound definite to me. I would imagine you have to be prepared for all possible events.

1. Maybe one of our injuries are worse than we thought.

2. Maybe someone wants to go somewhere where they can contribute more.

3. Maybe we stand pat with the hand we have

Everything is possible, probable but I don't hear definite.

As for the JustDrastik inquiry....

On a side note, as I asked before, what do you guys think will happen with Raffa/Martin/Ambrose? With Martin and Ambrose being Soph's next year and Raffa being a freshman, what is going to happen with that logjam going forward? We have that contigent for 3 years.. I'm OVERLY excited but curious

What a nice problem to have, I think the DI philosophy is to recruit the best players you can get.

I think there is 80 minutes at the 1 &2 spots. Three guys could each handle 25+ minutes that's if Aronhalt doesn't step into the mix at the 2 or will he be a small three?

People also need to realize that transfers at the DI level happen regularly. Usually, and thankfully in our case but for one "so-so" situation, it is for playing time.

If it is like Boston U...then we have issues.

We will be very young and talented next year with Lindfors, Raffa, Aronholt, Ambrose, Turley, Allen, and Martin as our underclassman. That is a lot of young athletic talent.

Archived