UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMBC Postgame

I was thinking about this last night while tossing and turning in bed......didn't it seem like once we got the game into overtime that we relaxed for a few moments? Kinda like....OK, the job is done! It seemed to me we were happy to get it to overtime and came out flat in the OT. First 2 or 3 times down the floor in OT we didn't get anything.

I was thinking about this last night while tossing and turning in bed......didn't it seem like once we got the game into overtime that we relaxed for a few moments? Kinda like....OK, the job is done! It seemed to me we were happy to get it to overtime and came out flat in the OT. First 2 or 3 times down the floor in OT we didn't get anything.

That's what Lillis said in the lead of the Times-Union post-game story Great Danes out of title race

Well, I FINALLY made it up for a game and what a game to go to. I was really upset last night about the loss but it was an exciting game and UMBC never stopped and never gave up. Must be hard to give up when your coach is throwing tantrums like a 5 year old the whole game. Not sure if anyone noticed that but the UMBC coach looks like he is a total @ss.

Can someone explain to me what happened on one of the last plays in overtime? UMBC player took a shot and missed badly or it was blocked, Lillis was fighting for position under the basket and it looked as if he was thrown to the ground and out of bounds. This is where I get confused. Did the ball hit him while he was out of bounds? Did they call a foul on lillis? It looked like there should've been a foul called on the UMBC player who threw him to the ground. That killed us because it was a 1 point game, they had 7 seconds on the shot clock, took a terrible shot off the inbound that missed the rim, got the offensive rebound by the foul line and hit a bank shot while falling down and getting fouled by Jerel and finished the 3 point play. Am I remembering this correctly? That brought the lead to 4 with not a lot of time left. Then Jerel misses the layup that he should've dunked. I was sitting a couple rows behind Dr. McElroy and I said, "Oh man, you gotta dunk that!" He sort of turned and shook his head as if to agree with me.

Oh well, it was a great time going to a game at SEFCU and I didn't mind the 2 hour drive there and back cause I had such a great time.

Also, did the 3 pointer by Lillis remind anyone else of the Kristian Laetner (sp?) last second shot? That was the same type of pitch, catch and shoot.

You saw everything correctly.

The ruling was Brian was sitting partially out of bounds and the ball struck him therefore it was UMBC ball.

The question was why did Brian decide to sit down under the basket and take that play off.

We get that possession and it may be a totally different game.

You saw everything correctly.

The ruling was Brian was sitting partially out of bounds and the ball struck him therefore it was UMBC ball.

The question was why did Brian decide to sit down under the basket and take that play off.

We get that possession and it may be a totally different game.

I just read the TU article and only thing I got wrong was that Proctor missed the free throw there. I really think Brian was fouled but what can you do. That was the biggest possession of the game. Here is what Coach Brown had to say about it:

"The biggest possession of the game was the offensive rebound by Proctor at the end there," Brown said. "I told our guys that if we got one stop, the game was over because I had no doubt we'd score on the last possession down 1. Proctor just made a great play."

Despite getting down in the first half it was a good overall game. Can't really complain with four players in double figures (plus Iati with 9). I thought Hastings played a really good game. I'd take 10 points and 6 boards from Jerel anytime. UMBC is going to be tough. I was also really impressed by Turley....and all this playing time he is getting this year will help the team out so much next year when we need to replace the points lillis,Brent and Iati bring.

Let's just hope UMBC gets knocked off in the tournament (although living in DC it would be is to see the championship game there).

Archived