UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton/UA Game Thread

I'm actually done cracking on them. Things got a little heated, they lost their cool. I'm sure most of them (BUNY coahes) are upstanding citizens, good fathers/husbands. I mean that with all sincerity, sure it didn't need to come to this if he only returned the phone call but what ever.

On to BU!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's nice of you...really.

Me...nope...I have a serious issue with all of this. SERIOUS.

D96,

To each his own! From my perspective....FWIW, maybe a bit to much pilling on. Fun....YES, classy.....not so sure. There's a fine line here IMO. You are welcome to pursue it to any end you deem fit. I think I'm done.

That...is some funny slow mo! Good job GDG.

Hey...what was it like?

BTW...KUDOS to you and CREW. On the BING BLOGS...they were rip$iena that the students sat on their hands at the game because the ALBANY fans drowned them out most of the time.

I was psyched reading that!

I don't dare take credit for the video..it's a product of my better half. :)

I wasn't able to see the shove from where I was, but saw Turley jump in between O'Donnell and Broadus. Then Fillien and Friel yelled at the team to head to the locker room. Nero then pulled Broadus and the Bing AD to the other side of the court to talk with them for a few minutes.

Though it was the most hostile fan crowd that I've dealt with at an away game. Without provocation (I'm not dumb enough to gloat to 4500 Bing fans), there were about a half dozen who walked past our section screaming 'Albany sucks!' and 'You'll just choke in the tournament!' Even one of their dance team members screamed up to my friend and I "Albany stinks!" and waved her hand in front of her nose. Guess their fans desparately wanted that win!

The Bing students were pretty quiet..though not much to cheer about for them during the game. My friend (first time to the Events Center) said it was the quietest big crowd he's ever seen.

Glad I was able to make it out there.

Unbelievable conduct by certain Binghamton fans and students, especially the Dance Team of Binghamton. Our dance team and/or cheerleaders would never yell at the opposing fans like that in our own building (or opposing building). That's so tacky. I am suprised the BU administration let's them get away with that! Although UVM is a rival of ours, I bet you wouldn't see such conduct like that by UVM fans.

In fact, I remember our cheerleaders going up to and chatting with the cheerleaders of at least one other school last year in Boston (UNH). And our pep band members chimed in with the band members of UMBC during the UVM game.

Time for certain Bingo fans (the ones cited above) to grow up and ditch the inferiority complex.

Here's a video..

Doesn't show the shove (camera's away) but show's Broadus' snub handshake and pointing his finger at Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-C7bQva6U8

Now that is something to see - Much clearer than the Zapruder film (younger fans can google /wiki that one)

I didn't catch the handshake snub because we were on that side of the court

What I did see was a first year DI head coach go after an assistant coach from the opposing team

I make no secret that I am a WILL BROWN guy

He has led this team from the darkest days of UA's basketball history to the BIG DANCE

I do not always agree with Coach Brown but he is a stand up guy

Even though I passionately hate everything BINGO - I was neutral on the hiring of Broadus at BINGO

After observing the events of last night - LIVE and IN PERSON - I must go with the evidence before me

BINGO and Broadus = no class

As for the comments that Broadus has found so offensive

I'm an Al Walker guy - please, that in no way is a negative on Broadus - it is a positive for Walker (Intro to Logic)

Fuller is not Mutumbo - as they say, NO DUH.

As for the 3 point shooting of Gordon - I believe last nights stat sheet can answer that

Kevin Broadus needs to grow up and start acting like a DI head coach not like one of the players on his team

I have no doubt he will NOT be suspended - It is America East after all and he didn't mention the officials

NO CLASS

BY the way - the dance team member yelled at us to GO HOME

to which my wife replied, "WE CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME."

BINGO U - the poison ivy of the SUNY system

Video of the actual shove...about 30 secs in when the annoucner mentions Iati had 18 points. You see Broadus on the far left of the screen lunge forward and a bald head to his right (O'Donnell) flys back a bit. A bit funny to see that clip then immediately following see Broadus in the post-game saying "all I said was get back-up off me."

http://www.wbng.com/sports/16061682.html

Archived