UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Congrats Siena

Congrats to Siena.

I agree with GDG-- They are going to be VERY VERY good over the next two years. I think we are going to have our hands full with them next year.

This (Siena) is a team built to win a first round game over the next three years (including this).

Yes, congrats to Siena. That team finally lived up to the hype of its fans.

Just one little wrinkle. Siena could have been even better this year if one player had decided to remain loyal to the team. Of course, I'm speaking of Jack McClinton, who yesterday was named to the First Team of the ACC. Many Siena fans derided his decision to abandon Siena and the MAAC for the University of Miami and the ACC in preparation for a possible career with the NBA. Many fans over on the Siena dumped on him and his decision. They said he wouldn't amount to anything and would do nothing but ride the bench on an inferior ACC team. As the Saints prepare for the first round of the NCAA's, I wonder how many fans over there wished that he were still playing with his original college.

In any case, I wish the Saints well in their next game. I hope they represent the Capital District effectively. It's nice to see two Albany-area teams make it to the Big Dance so recently.

Olddog ... this is one Siena fan who did wish McClinton well and actually thought he could have success at Miami. I am very glad to see that be the case.

That said, I think you would be hard pressed to find many Siena fans that would prefer having him back over the current players they have. Hasbrouck has developed into a 1st team all maac player who will be in the mix to be preseason player of the year next season. He likely would not have attended Siena had McClinton stayed around. His main competition for preseason POY honors will be Ubiles, another 2/3.

and Bob, you are partially correct, some Siena fans are not particularly classy but, as you have so perfectly exhibited over the years, that is not confined only to Saint's fans.

Best of luck to the Danes next year. Lillis is going to be hard to replace but, from what I saw this season, Martin/Ambrose both look to have the potential to be stars in the America East and in Connolly, they'll have a senior to step up and become the team's leader.

and Bob, you are partially correct, some Siena fans are not particularly classy but, as you have so perfectly exhibited over the years, that is not confined only to Saint's fans.

Talk about being partially correct. I have done my best to mock the many shortcomings of the Siena program compared to where many Siena fans think they are with nothing but class. (Although I can see how some of you guys may not like my nicknames for Siena) I do not have to resort to personal attacks or curses to you or any other poster to make my points like some of your less intelligent posters do on a regular basis.

And I don't care that many of you have different opinion than me. Where I can, I provide facts that back up my opinion and I respect the Siena fans who can do the same, but I have no respect to those that resort to name calling on a continual basis because they apparently are not smart enough to do anything else.

And I did laugh a lot last year at how much some of your posters went to try to "prove" that Siena or the maac was better than Albany. Unfortunately that is not necessary this year. But I am sure I will continue to enjoy it again in the near future when some of you fans find it necessary again.

Talk about being partially correct. I have done my best to mock the many shortcomings of the Siena program compared to where many Siena fans think they are with nothing but class. (Although I can see how some of you guys may not like my nicknames for Siena) I do not have to resort to personal attacks or curses to you or any other poster to make my points like some of your less intelligent posters do on a regular basis.

And I don't care that many of you have different opinion than me. Where I can, I provide facts that back up my opinion and I respect the Siena fans who can do the same, but I have no respect to those that resort to name calling on a continual basis because they apparently are not smart enough to do anything else.

And I did laugh a lot last year at how much some of your posters went to try to "prove" that Siena or the maac was better than Albany. Unfortunately that is not necessary this year. But I am sure I will continue to enjoy it again in the near future when some of you fans find it necessary again.

Hi Bob ... yes, you are certainly a victim that should be pitied for how badly Siena fans treat you and your beloved Great Danes. Let me be the first Siena fan to apologize for the boarish behavior of my fellow Saint's fans. If I, personally, have offended you by my often irrational rants and streams of vulgarity than I am truly sorry.

Please accept my well wishes to you and the rest of the Great Dane Nation for nice long summer and successful 2008/2009 season. :blink:

Hi Bob ... yes, you are certainly a victim that should be pitied for how badly Siena fans treat you and your beloved Great Danes. Let me be the first Siena fan to apologize for the boarish behavior of my fellow Saint's fans. If I, personally, have offended you by my often irrational rants and streams of vulgarity than I am truly sorry.

Please accept my well wishes to you and the rest of the Great Dane Nation for nice long summer and successful 2008/2009 season. :blink:

Hey, I am not trying to make it about me and I would not use the word victim . There are plenty of examples of your fans bad behavior. I only read a small sample of your board and the maac board this week because quite frankly your board is lot more entertaining when you lose and I have a lot of other things going on in this short week. But I saw enough just on the wording of the Tay Fisher thread. Not to mention the cursing of Jay Bilas just because he apparently said on the air Siena should or could be a 15 seed. I didn't hear him, I was watching George Mason on ESPN.

There is a reason that many maac fans root for anyone but Siena and it has nothing to do with me. And it also has nothing to do with jealously of Siena as it seems that the fans of the schools in the maac that have had more success root against Siena even more than the fans of those that haven't had success.

It is the same reason I root against Binghamton in our league. It is the fans.

Archived