UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown: Blog Entry

Unfortunately the season ended earlier than we had anticipated. We knew the first game in the America East Tournament was going to be a difficult one. Boston University was playing as well as any team in the league the last few weeks of the season. It is amazing to think that we were able to get to OT shooting 31% and getting dominated on the glass by BU. I thought the game with BU was a battle. We beat each other up for 45 minutes. I have a lot of respect for Dennis Wolff and his program.

The Hartford/UMBC game will be interesting. UMBC has the home court advantage and plenty of offensive firepower. Hartford plays multiple zone defenses, spaces the floor on offense, and can really shoot the 3. The two teams split during the regular season.

It is difficult to think that I will no longer have the opportunity to coach Jon Iati, Brian Lillis, and Brent Wilson. They are special kids and each comes from a great family!

How tough is Brian Lillis? He is having x-rays taken today on his hand, thumb, and big toe. He played in pain throughout conference play. We had to sit him out of several practices during the months of January, February, and March. This is something that we kept very quiet. All Brian wanted to do is help us win!

This week we brought some closure to the season. I met with my staff for three hours on Monday morning to discuss the season and the future. On Tuesday we met with the players individually to discuss the season and what they need to do to improve. The meetings were very productive. My philosophy is to always make sure my players know where they stand. I am blatantly honest with them because that eliminates any questions. I tell them what they need to hear, not what I think they want to hear. We had some great interaction and the meetings were very positive.

Workouts this spring will be very intense. We are going to focus on strength/conditioning and individual player development. We are going to challenge the returnees on a daily basis.

The staff will spend a lot of time on the road the next two weeks. We will be recruiting the 09 class and keeping our eyes and ears open for any potential players in the 08 class that are available as well as high major D1 transfers.

We like our young talent and we are excited about our future!

Link to the blog!

Some eye-opening info in that blog.

Absolutely no whining from this coach on several situations which faced the team this season.

I like how he characterized the last game against BUMA.

The biggest revelation is the physical challenge faced by Lillis. This episode gives me even greater respect for Brian than I already had. What a trooper! I hope he does well with medical procedures. Best of luck in whatever he endeavors!

It looks like 2008 is already filled up, but a good coach plans for unscheduled changes.

I appreciate the feedback we have received from Coach Brown, especially toward the end of and after the season.

Archived