UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Who Will Transfer???????????

Scotto-donkey is probably a Siena Fan who got jilted by some UA co-ed at one of our local watering holes.

You are truly an idiot....5 times Rookie of the Week...every coach talking about him in the newspapers as one of two guys THEY MUST STOP (Levi being the other). Do you even know the game???

As for playing at another level...well I guess Scottie Pippen must have sucked...since he played at DII Central Arkansas. Earl Boykins really sucked...playing at what, Eastern Michigan?! You know...Mike Peagues...he really sucked at Delaware...since he only played in the AE. If you don't know who Peagues is, you shouldn't be posting Scotty!!!

I could come up with a list of guys who should/could be playing higher. AHHH...yes...hey fellow DANE fans...guess who else sucks because he isn't playing in a better conference....JAMAR WILSON. Jamar, just thought you should know that you suck because you play in the AE.

Wow...that was some thick sarcasm. Scott....not the right way to become a fellow fan. It's one thing to have an opinion...it is another to be an opinionated IDIOT!

News flash for all you morons: IATI IS NOT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST!

scottotile ... you must have a few copies of the 'good book' on campus over there ... check to see if there is any verse that references iati ... hope to see you at any upcoming games ... i'll be over in sec. 200 shouting "put it up" ... our best days are a season ahead ... in the meantime i'll have to be content with the efforts put forth by dane freshmen and walk-ons ... go Danes

From the AE site:

FIELD GOAL PCT (Min. 5.0 made per game)

## Player-Team G FG FGA Pct

-------------------------------------------------

1.Taylor Coppenrath-VERMONT 13 112 205 .546

2.Nick Billings-BINGHAMT... 14 74 143 .517

3.T.J. Sorrentine-VERMONT.. 13 72 164 .439

4.Jose Juan Barea-NORTHEAS. 14 110 266 .414

5.Jon Iati-ALBANY.......... 14 74 211 .351

I have to admit I do agree with you Scott about one thing-Iati's shorts are way too long.

I think that you all must remember a few things:

#1 Opposing America East coaches must focus on stopping someone. They don't have many people to choose from so they choose Iati. Do you really think that they are going to lock up Courtney or Chris? Iati is the only really legit scorer on the court for Albany. Coaches try to take away the legit scoring threats.

#2 Iati is a really good player who is forced and probably asked to take shots that he usually would not. I would much rather see him take a 22 foot three pointer than have Courtney drive into the paint and get blocked for the hundredth time this year. He is being asked to do things that he was not recruited to do. That is what happens when you have limited players. Next year, he will be a very good player on a team that has more weapons. He will start at the point and be a solid four year starter at Albany. I am sure he is as frustrated by the losing as we all are. It takes a tole on the players. He has had an outstanding rookie season. Look for him to build on that.

#3 Martin has no business being a Divison I player. He does some things that are nice, nut has too many short comings on the court. The thing that concerns me is that he doesn't seem to understand what is going on during the game. How many times are we going to watch him run into a screen while his man shots and scores on three pointer after three pointer? By now, he should now to go over or under a screen. TRANSFER PLEASE!

I expected alot more from Martin this year also. I have to say if we had a full roster (which we've never had) he would certainly have been redshirted and had a year to develop. Seems like a curious situation because I imagine a guy with his size would have played power forward or center in high school yet he's been described as a wing I guess because he has some permimter skills. It's readily apparent that he can't guard the small forward spot and isn't strong enough this year to play underneath. I'm really not rooting for anyone to transfer, just get better. I'd like to see Martin get stronger in the offseason and develop into a role player in the future.

I find all these transfer demands humorous. Several months ago, we were begging for bodies to play for our program. Now, we are getting picky about who we like and dislike from an ability standpoint.

Do you think Kentucky and N.C. State's message boards demand players to transfer???? Probably not, because their players are given two years to develop. A lot of those guys probably don't see the court until their junior season. Albany has a win now mentality and because of that, we expect our freshman to 'wow' us because Jamar, Levi and Iati have all spoiled us within the past two seasons.

I agree, so far the California connection, Knotts and Martin, have been disappointments. We aren't going to force these guys to leave. They will make that decision on their own if they would like. Will Brown signed them. So place the burden on him if you don't think they are performing up to standards. Go ahead and judge Knotts, but you need to give Todd Martin atleast another season to prove us wrong.

A lot of those guys probably don't see the court until their junior season.

difficult circumstances have created this tension ... T. Martin will be just fine ... he'll mature into a quality AE player over the next three-plus years ... and to the siena critics of iati on this board, the post by dane pound certainly illustrates that his field goal percentage is in elite company in the conference

Martin would never have been somebody that Coach Brown would have redshirted. You only redshirt kids you know have a future with the program. You do not redshirt kids that may not work out in the future. You don't want to get "stuck" with a kid for five years instead of four. I hope that Martin turns into a servicable player for Coach Brown, but I think we are in trouble if he ever plays meaningful minutes. I just don't see the talent or progress over the coarse of the year. He still is making the same mistakes as he did at the beginning of the year. He is someone that teams are going to look to attack on defense and he doesn't do enough things well on the court to be hidden in a zone. I hope that a putting on some muscle and spending the summer in Albany to work on his game will help him.

TWO WORDS: CHRIS WYATT! Everyone wrote him off...and he has been very serviceable. Sure, Martin, barring a major improvement over the summer, will be relegated to a 5-9 minute guy, however he will be what he should be....A ROLE PLAYER.

Let's not give up on him yet.

This name calling is really getting out of hand!!!!

If we disagree why can't we debate the issues and then agree to disagree.

Hopefully no one transfers. You can't judge Freshman, they are going through all sorts of changes from HS - Mental, Physical and logistically. Let's give these guys time and see who pans out and who doesn't. The kids we have in the program we've seen and can make some judgements about.

The new recruits always look good on paper.

Next year will be the first time since we've gone DI that Freshman can be nurtured and brought along at a safe pace.

Edited by Patch