UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Justin Sofman Will Visit Albany

Excellent job by Fox23, they do a nice job. Especially with the raw footage from the interview on the website.

He's probably somewhat used to it at Rugers but it has to be fun for an incoming recruit to be met by a TV crew on your visit.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Justin decides to commit to UA and gets the scholarship after this season....then we appear to no longer be seeking services of Nate Hutcheson. Hutcheson is one of 3 guys on the Marting Brothers AAU team we've been after for some time, although that info could be stale and old at this point. With coach stating that he is looking to add two post players for the 09 class, perhaps Gabe Knutson and Zach Bohannon are still in play. After all he did go out to Colorado and watched a tournament Marting Brothers participated in.

Anyway, just interesting how the dynamic could change depending on what Justin decides to do.

I dont see how signing Justin would make it appear that we dont need Nate's services. DUDE...you really need to understand recruiting A LOT MORE. Coaches recruit for needs (we need a big) and for talent.

It is like a draft. If Nate is the best player out there...we may just take him.

WHO KNOWS

I dont see how signing Justin would make it appear that we dont need Nate's services. DUDE...you really need to understand recruiting A LOT MORE. Coaches recruit for needs (we need a big) and for talent.

It is like a draft. If Nate is the best player out there...we may just take him.

WHO KNOWS

"DUDE",

Coach Brown in his blog said....."If things play out like I am anticipating we will only have two scholarships for the 2009 class. This would allow us to focus on bringing in two post players to replace Jimmie Covington and Brian Connelly."

Please don't patronize me!

Again...I stated....coaches look at certain things. He said focus- not mandatory. You jump on every little Binging thing coach says. GUESS WHAT...when he signs two guys...we will know.

Additionally, what if Sofman doesnt come on scholarship, much like his Dad offered for Siena. We would have THREE spots available.

Stop living and dying with every word. There are things we may not know.

Again...I stated....coaches look at certain things. He said focus- not mandatory. You jump on every little Binging thing coach says. GUESS WHAT...when he signs two guys...we will know.

Additionally, what if Sofman doesnt come on scholarship, much like his Dad offered for Siena. We would have THREE spots available.

Stop living and dying with every word. There are things we may not know.

Likewise, stop living and dying by MY every word. Feel free to let some of my banter roll off your back. You don't have to take a militant approach to everything that is said on this board that you might disagree with. You and I have been down this road, no need to rehash it.....have a nice day!

I like the situation we are in. We know we got 13 players signed or will be signed to NLI and we can still pick up either a walkon or a transfer. Remember the days when we had only 8 players to play a game? If Mr. Sofman decides to come to UA awesome glad to have him. If not good luck and it leaves three scholorships open for next year and hopefully we can continue the Iowa Connection.

BTW are all three Iowa Players Brown is going after 6'7? If so that would definitly solve our Post needs next year.

I like the situation we are in. We know we got 13 players signed or will be signed to NLI and we can still pick up either a walkon or a transfer. Remember the days when we had only 8 players to play a game? If Mr. Sofman decides to come to UA awesome glad to have him. If not good luck and it leaves three scholorships open for next year and hopefully we can continue the Iowa Connection.

BTW are all three Iowa Players Brown is going after 6'7? If so that would definitly solve our Post needs next year.

If he comes...he comes, we would love to have him. Otherwise, hopefully we keep up the contact with the kids from Iowa (all three of them). The last two (especially Brian) worked out just fine.

If he comes...he comes, we would love to have him. Otherwise, hopefully we keep up the contact with the kids from Iowa (all three of them). The last two (especially Brian) worked out just fine.

Ahh, this is such a 'what have you done for me lately' world. Brent was AE All-Rookie, 3rd Team All-AE (twice), scored nearly 1200 points (16th on the all-time list), and finished 3rd all-time in 3-pointers.

I'm not sure it's 'especially' one or the other of them.

Ahh, this is such a 'what have you done for me lately' world. Brent was AE All-Rookie, 3rd Team All-AE (twice), scored nearly 1200 points (16th on the all-time list), and finished 3rd all-time in 3-pointers.

I'm not sure it's 'especially' one or the other of them.

I meant no disrespect to Brent, it's just that Brian was one of my favorite UA players. I suspect you are right though, both were instrumental in getting us to where we are today.

Archived