UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New School of Business Building and Campus Center

uofalbany

OK , I have a quick question. If the construction on the business building isn't going to begin until 2010 or 2011 at the earliest (according to the facilities report), doesn't it make more sense for the Athletic Department to "borrow" against those funds for the stadium (which could be finished by 2010), and pay the University back when we receive the stadium funding from the state (even if it happens in the 2010 budget instead of the 2009 budget)?

It is bascially just a book entry.

That assumes a fact of which I do not have knowledge: Whether the funding for the business school is "actual" funding or whether it is only funding on paper until the money is needed.

I'm sure GDG or MsGDG or Dane96 can answer that for me.

On the topic of the School of Business..email I got tonight.....

To the University at Albany Community:

It is my pleasure to announce that Dr. Donald S. Siegel has accepted our offer to serve as the next Dean of the School of Business at UAlbany. He will assume this responsibility on July 1, 2008. Dr. Siegel is currently Professor of Entrepreneurship and Associate Dean for Graduate Studies at the A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management, University of California, Riverside. He previously served as Professor and Chair of Economics at RPI. Dr. Siegel holds a Ph.D. in business economics from the Columbia University Graduate School of Business. His research and teaching have focused on topics related to university technology transfer, economics and strategic implications of entrepreneurship and technological change, productivity analysis, and corporate social responsibility. We expect Dr. Siegel will provide leadership for continuing the School’s efforts to strengthen its research profile and reputation for high quality educational programs in business and accounting.

Dr. Siegel will succeed Dr. Paul Leonard, who is returning to his academic appointment of Professor of Finance. Dean Leonard has provided significant leadership for the School of Business during a critical period. He has championed several initiatives that will have deep and enduring impacts for faculty and students over future decades. Indeed, the School has been greatly enhanced by the tireless energy and focus he has given to the creation of a new School of Business building, to establishing a more student-centered culture, to recruiting new faculty in a highly competitive market environment, and to engaging our business alumni. We are enormously grateful for Dean Leonard’s vision, determination, and courage in advancing this agenda. To insure continuity during the upcoming transition, I have asked Paul to serve as Dean Emeritus and as the point person in the President’s Office for shepherding further efforts related to the new School of Business building.

Lastly, I want to thank the members of the Business Dean Search Committee for their dedication and hard work in leading this recruitment effort. Nationally, there are many institutions looking for new business deans. The time, imagination, and judgment provided by the faculty, students, and alumni who have been involved in the process were central to achieving a successful outcome.

Please join me in welcoming Dr. Siegel to the UAlbany community.

Sincerely,

George M. Philip

Interim President

Facilities News

This newsletter from the Office of Facilities Management gives some brief info on projects around campus including a drawing of the School of Business building

This is a great find....thank you for the information. I know we didn't get the stadium but it looks like allot of good work is being done to improve the campus.

Facilities News

This newsletter from the Office of Facilities Management gives some brief info on projects around campus including a drawing of the School of Business building

This is a great find....thank you for the information. I know we didn't get the stadium but it looks like allot of good work is being done to improve the campus.

And if we can secure funding for the Stadium next year, after the appropriate studies (i.e., environmental impact report) have been completed, it'll all work out for us in the end as a win-win!

Archived