UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

for Siena fans

There's a few BCS schools that certainly could (yeah I know Stanford didn't). They are probably on the east coast. The problem of being an excellent mid-major program is that no BCS teams will have the guts to play us for the foreseeable future at the TUC.

So that is why no BSC school is willing to play back to back years in your building like UA has.

Somehow I don't remember them signing up to play in your building either when you sucked.

Actually with the exception of Syracuse who wanted a game for Forth and Stanford who wanted a game relatively close for one of their players, I don't recall any big teams lining up to play LCC.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now back to the game this year – is it on Dec. 6 do you know?

Well I guess you are going to have to keep checking Mark Singelais's blog. I am sure if or when the contract gets signed Singelais will have the scoop that very second. :rolleyes:

Patch, still bitter about Albany being Siena's bitch?

MTS,

It's interesting that you mention FCS schools. To the best of my knowledge, the "F" stands for football. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the great Siena drop football a few years back? Look at Siena's accomplishments on that field, compared with UA's march from Divsion III football to half-scholarship Division I football within just a few years. Which school is making the real progress here?

And the football story is just symptomatic of the whole Siena athletic program. While UA is playing big-name school after big-name school in almost every sport - and winning many of those contests, Siena is merely languishing in all of them. UA has made major progress in just about every sport the school offers in less than ten years.

As far as basketball is concerned, I wouldn't hype Siena's record against UA all that much. For a program that has a 30-year Division I experience, why do you always beat UA by just a small margin? This year, for example, when you brought every one back from last year's team, plus added some solid recruits, why did you manage only a 4-point margin against a team in a rebuilding year? In your - oops, no rented - building, no less! When one looks at the record a little closer, your success against us is not all that fantastic.

These arguments all start to sound the same after a while. MTS posts the Yankees thing for what must be the 10,000 time and things go downhill from there.

DP, Sorry.

It's between seasons now, and some of us need to hone our debating skills. Got to keep them fresh for the next season.

These arguments all start to sound the same after a while. MTS posts the Yankees thing for what must be the 10,000 time and things go downhill from there.

DP, Sorry.

It's between seasons now, and some of us need to hone our debating skills. Got to keep them fresh for the next season.

Siena-UA Softball Doubleheader today.

UA looking to move to 7-0 against Siena so far this year...

actually the doubleheader has been changed to a single game and the venue has been changed to our field.

For whatever it is worth, I really didn't intend for this thread to devolve into what it did when I started it; I was just trying to pass a little info I had found to the Siena fans and I have chosen not to register for the Tony controlled forum. I was almost feeling sorry for MTS until I saw he was predicting that Siena would win the Old Spice tournament.

actually the doubleheader has been changed to a single game and the venue has been changed to our field.

For whatever it is worth, I really didn't intend for this thread to devolve into what it did when I started it; I was just trying to pass a little info I had found to the Siena fans and I have chosen not to register for the Tony controlled forum. I was almost feeling sorry for MTS until I saw he was predicting that Siena would win the Old Spice tournament.

statefan,

I noticed your original post, and I marveled at it.

Either you had some epiphany about Siena. or you had some type of stroke and were still able to type.

Anyway, sorry that your original thread was hijacked.

Either you had some epiphany about Siena. or you had some type of stroke and were still able to type.

nah, I was reading the Maryland Board; saw the link and realized it had not appeared on the Siena Board, so, I thought I'd pass it along.

The intelligent MT$ - stole the thread with his question about the UA -$iena game.

Maybe if he shelled out a couple of bucks he could have gone to $iena's dinner and asked his good friend Fran or maybe he could of approached Maggie (- nah!! - that might be very dangerous) and got the total truth.

Gonzaga, Marquette, Providence, George Mason, Xavier, and St. Joe's. What do they have in common? None of them field a football team even at the lowest level. I'm not comparing Siena to them as they all play in higher rated conferences but having a football program isn't the be all, end all. Those programs all seem to be doing pretty well.

And I NEVER EVER predicted Siena would win the Old Spice tournament. I said it wasn't impossible. I'm realistic - it is a longshot with all of those good teams. I'd be happy with just one win and thrilled with two. Has UAlbany ever even particpate in a preseason tournament?

Archived