UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs. Siena

Announcement of the continuation of the series is on the UA Athletic page.

No terms announced as far as the men's game is concerned.

The women will not play against Siena on December 6 because of scheduling conflicts.

The TU article was updated at 4:44 .. which does mention that there is a small increase in tix for UA... isn't that the men's game? Maybe I'm lost, if I had more time I would re-read but leaving work! :)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new deal increases UAlbany's allotment of tickets from 1,500 to 2,000 at Times Union Center, according to UAlbany athletic director Lee McElroy. The tickets also will be concentrated instead of being spread through the arena, he said.

That's it?

The new deal increases UAlbany's allotment of tickets from 1,500 to 2,000 at Times Union Center, according to UAlbany athletic director Lee McElroy. The tickets also will be concentrated instead of being spread through the arena, he said.

That's it?

I will not be subsidizing their program anymore.

I missed it last year for other commitments. This year I will miss it intentionally.

True...but with 10,000 coming in...that isnt bad extra coin. Here is the thing. The deal is only for three years. I am sure that number was put in there for a reason.

If we win 2 out of the next 3 (YEP...putting pressure on you Will...sorry), then you best believe we will go back to the table and say "We want more...this is horse$iena."

To me, the magic number is 4k. If we get 4k tix...i would be happy.

True...but with 10,000 coming in...that isnt bad extra coin. Here is the thing. The deal is only for three years. I am sure that number was put in there for a reason.

If we win 2 out of the next 3 (YEP...putting pressure on you Will...sorry), then you best believe we will go back to the table and say "We want more...this is horse$iena."

To me, the magic number is 4k. If we get 4k tix...i would be happy.

True, that is an extra $10K! Still, it's hore$iena, the game will probably draw close to a sellout and an increase on last years attendance. What ever, I'm just happy I guess that they renewed the contract. It isn't what I wanted, but it's time to kick their a$$. Enough is enough!

haggy...your money goes to ALBANY.

Only if you buy your tickets through the UA box office though right?

When they sell out, then no more $$$ for UA right?

Right! By through the athletic department that way you can make sure that UA gets the money.

haggy...your money goes to ALBANY.

I am pretty disappointed by this deal. The series averages over 10K fans a year. Even if we are very modest with our number and set it at 30% UA fans, then thousands of UA fan money goes to Siena.

I guess it is like going to any away venue for one of your teams, but I just wanted to see a bigger slice of the pie. Big picture is both programs look to be in good shape and this game will hopefully just continue to grow.

Maybe I'll show up anyway. I cringe when thinking about the amount of money I have spent at Fenway over the years given my utter hatred for that team.

Not a thrilling deal as far as I'm concerned. We'll have to see where the seats are (if that's an issue for you.) From our perspective revenue-wise 2,000 TUC tickets at twice the price or more of SEFCU tickets is like having a near sellout at home.

If the TU report is accurate, I would love to hear what UA's rational is to continue to subsidize Siena's athletic program.

I with Haggy on this one. I'll probably skip this game. I am in the ticket lottery for the Bills game in Toronto that weekend and if I get tickets, I'll probably just spend the weekend in Toronto.

I just want to win the game! I can deal with sitting in the endzone so long as I am with good company -- i.e., other Danes. There will come a day when even Siena fans will recognize our legitimacy as a Division I power, and to some extent we have made a lot of noise already in several sports.

Archived