UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

It's been said many times but we have two major hurdles just to get to what I call a reasonable FCS standing.

1) We need at least 57 scholies or whatever the minimum is to play a FBS team (critical for $$ and fan excitement)

2) We need a football facility that doesn't look like it came out of a 1950's high school musical.

I know we've made tremendous progress over the past 8 years but I get mad when I drive past Grady High here in Atlanta and see a facility that is nicer than ours... and its not that impressive relative to it's peers. There is just no excuse for a major state university in a rich state like New York to have the facilities we do. 40 Scholarships helps a lot but we have a long way to go just to get to reasonable university class facilities and competition level. As far as a university, we may not be OSU but we're at least a Dayton for god's sake.

I'm done with my venting. I feel better :-)

What's the news on Bruno's replacement? I mean in regard to the stadium.

Rhetorically, it is probably in the same place of importance for the Senate as it was before. Health insurance, foreclosures, nurse overtime, etc.. are currently the head issues for the Senate. Being the Maj Leader he has to focus on those items. As for a stadium for UA, I highly doubt it is on his radar, there really is no reason why it would have been before.

Who really knows except that he is supposedly known for earmarking projects for his area - Long Island.

That's nothing out of the ordinary. Most legislators do since it is their job to bring money back to their districts...those who elect them want them to do the best for their area.

As for a stadium for UA, I highly doubt it is on his radar, there really is no reason why it would have been before.

I don't expect a stadium to be the government's top priority. However, I also don't think the government funding a stadium for one of their leading state universities is a big deal either. This is especially true when it's billed as a community project so parents don't have to drive out of the capitol city to regional towns like Kingston and Syracuse to watch their kids high school ball. How much did the government give private schools like St John Fischer and Cornell this year? Was it $50M Stony Brook just got to start New York's 100th law school? How much did non-SUNY Centers get for athletics? My only point is that the money will be spent; I just hope UA gets some consideration. I don't UA should be shy about asking regardless of the economy. If we sit on our hands Stony Brook will eat our lunch.

Archived