UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Josh Martin dismissed from team

Article makes it sound like academics:

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...sdate=5/28/2008

I think the Times Union article is irrelevant because it is privied to no more information than we are; that information being the UAlbany press release. So while we think academics when we hear the word "standards", D96 is right in my view -- it could be all sorts of different things or a combination of things.

Good luck to Josh Martin. I was not as high on his game as some were. I think he looked and acted like a point guard but I question how good he was and how good he was going to be. If this team is going to be really good in the next 3 years I didn't see Martin as the starting point on that team.

With that said we still needed him for depth and experience.

So what's the impact on the court? Now we need Raffa to produce as a point guard. I would not have said that yesterday.

...and Michael Johnson can't be another Rob Moores, or Michael Knight. He needs to be a major contributor. Pressure is squarely on these two since they are our starting and back-up point guards in any order you choose.

...and who is our 3rd point guard behind two freshmen? Not Ambrose. Could it be Billy Allen? He was listed as a forward last year. Arnholt?...all freshmen.

Not sure about speed, but Billy Allen has guard skills (shooting, smarts, dribbling). I suspect Logan and Billy play a TON.

I also pray Tim gets better...however I am very much in a wait and see mode. This year will be big for him...however NEXT SUMMER is his make-or-break summer. He needs to grow TREMENDOUSLY in the mental and defensive part of his game over that time period for him to be the FACTOR HE CAN BE!

Not sure about speed, but Billy Allen has guard skills (shooting, smarts, dribbling). I suspect Logan and Billy play a TON.

I also pray Tim gets better...however I am very much in a wait and see mode. This year will be big for him...however NEXT SUMMER is his make-or-break summer. He needs to grow TREMENDOUSLY in the mental and defensive part of his game over that time period for him to be the FACTOR HE CAN BE!

Tim has so much potential, i wouldn't be surprised to see him average 13 or 14 a game this season. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him not grow as much as well hope, and just be a solid contributor off the bench... The 3rd point guard would be barazza I would think, since Billy and Logan are both a little more suited to play the 3 from what I read

I see the words "needs to grow TREMENDOUSLY" and I can't help to fill in the blank with Brett Gifford. This kid needs to decide how good he wants to be and then make it happen.

Archived