UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

According to Hoopmasters UA signs one

ESPN Insider says....."June, 2008: Watts is a guard with good size who can put it on the floor. Although he has an above average handle, the real reason why he is able to get to the rim consistently is because he has a long first step and strides out all the way to the rim. Watts can also make open jumpers from the perimeter, especially when pulling up off the dribble around 15 feet. His mechanics are a little skewed as he releases the ball behind his head, shoots it a little flat, and often times lacks rotation on the ball. However, that high release point allows him to get his shot off with very little separation from his defender. Overall, a solid offensive player who is a definite division I prospect."

Some of these are a bit older like from his sophomore season, it's reasonable to assume that he has gotten stronger, smarter etc. as he continues to develop.

Did Nate Hutcheson visit the campus?

I'm not sure but Nate would be a huge get for us. I managed to watch a couple of his AAU games online and I really really like him, a number of bigger schools came calling even though we were on him from very early on (he visited the locker room when we were at Iowa State). I don't know much about Ralph but him giving a verbal and being a SG (as is Nate) probably satisfies our need for a SG in this recruiting class. Who knows, maybe him blowing up this summer put us out of the running for him. I don't know, just thinking.

EDIT: Hartford also offered Ralph Watts

If Watts is a commitment(?) it's a good get. It seems like the Danes are getting overall bigger. Will Harris 6'6", Gavin Glanton 6'7" and Watts at 6'6'.

If Puk keeps his commitment he's 6'10"

IMO, we need to get quicker and more athletic. It appears that as the roster twists and turned we are heading in that direction. It's no secret we had trouble with running, quicker more athletic teams. We've always had size but IMO not always the fastest playing team/most athletic. Coach Brown has made the point that we are going to try and run the ball, not to mention be more freewheeling on offense.

Archived