UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Another bites the dust

The sentence I found most interesting in Iorizzo's blog is that there was "some uncertainty about how his credits from Junior College would transfer to Siena"

Isn't that just Siena speak for "We are not sure we want this stiff on our team now even tough we were hyping him up to be great not too long ago?"

Straight from Athlons. Obviously printed before he left, but sounds quite different than McCafferty's quotes when he decided to leave lcc.

"The Saints also feel their post play will improve dramatically because of 6'10", 255-pound junior college transfer Wolfgang Gieler."

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-basket...c-hoops-preview

Not sure who recruited Wolfgang, but I hear that (this never happens) he was not even close to 6'10".

The sentence I found most interesting in Iorizzo's blog is that there was "some uncertainty about how his credits from Junior College would transfer to Siena"

Isn't that just Siena speak for "We are not sure we want this stiff on our team now even tough we were hyping him up to be great not too long ago?"

Straight from Athlons. Obviously printed before he left, but sounds quite different than McCafferty's quotes when he decided to leave lcc.

"The Saints also feel their post play will improve dramatically because of 6'10", 255-pound junior college transfer Wolfgang Gieler."

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-basket...c-hoops-preview

Not sure who recruited Wolfgang, but I hear that (this never happens) he was not even close to 6'10".

The Siena fans love to take Coach Brown to task for missing on a couple of recruits....at least the recruits our staff missed on showed up and stuck it out all season. The guy who was has been most critical of UA and our staff is the biggest hypocrite of them all (on that site) and to think....he holds a degree from UA and not Siena. At every twist and turn of the roster he is out there front and center killing his Alma mater (except for the latest departure of course).

I am starting to wonder why some of you even care what is said on the $iena board.

Even if they don't want to admit it their staff recruited a kid who they thought strongly about and who they expected to help them immediately and he bailed on them - it can happen anywhere but at $iena when it happens there it of course is not their fault.

I can't waste my time thinking about them - I'm trying to figure out who may start and play for us. What they do or don't do is truly insignificant. They are just another of the 300+ DI schools playing hoop.

I have only 1/5 of a starting 5 and that's Connelly - if he doesn't syart I would be surprised. Until I see the intrasquad scrimmage before Homecoming FB all I could do would be guess and it wouldn't even be considered an educated guess. I'm not sure the scrimmage will even help if the teams are split evenly.

I think given his role as a Capitan and status as a Senior Covington will start opposite Connelly in the front court. Ambrose has to be the odds on favorite to start at SG. Johnson given his time in JUCO will most likely start the opening night at PG. Lastly Small Foward I would say Hastings just because he is familiar with the system and was a starter for the beginning of the season last year. Offcourse this is without seeing any of the new Danes. You can always get a LITTLE better picture about who will start after the P & G scrimage.

P.S. I see that Aronhalt has lost an inch and is listed at 6'3.

Archived