UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

McCarthy can (most likely will) break Gary Jones single season rushing record today...21 yards shy

McCarty only has 811 yards rushing this year.

Gary's single season rushing record is 1,524 yards on 211 carrries for a 7.2 yrd avg and 18 TD's

UA wins 26-21...McCarty however does a unselfish play to end the game. Could have walked into the endzone, but held up, ran out of bounds and allowed UA to just down the ball and run the clock out...finishes with 207 yards rushing and 238 total yards...15 straight games with a TD and 12 of last 13 games rushing for over 100 yards.

504 total yards for the Danes...wow!

I think it was a dumb thing to do. Get in the end zone, don't get tacled your up by 11 or 12 and the game is over any way up two scores.

What would you say if he got hurt waiting to get tackled or fumbled when he got tackled. I rather be up 11 or 12 with seconds remaining then 6.

What he did was well intentioned I'm sure but in my opinion not the right thing to do.

What he did was well intentioned I'm sure but in my opinion not the right thing to do.

I didn't see the play but I have read about it and I second your opinion. SHU had no timeouts left with under a minute to play. Take the points and make it a two score game. Don't force your offense to run one more play in a one possession game.

Still, a good win for the Danes. Homecoming Weekend should be a blast. I am already clearing my calendar.

I didn't see the play but I have read about it and I second your opinion. SHU had no timeouts left with under a minute to play. Take the points and make it a two score game. Don't force your offense to run one more play in a one possession game.

Still, a good win for the Danes. Homecoming Weekend should be a blast. I am already clearing my calendar.

I went to the game and when he stopped I thought it was a bad idea. What if fumbled or they fumbled a snap on the kneel down play?

Fun game though! We should've won by more.

Good game

The offense was solid especially in the second half when it had looked like the UA offense had worn the Sacred Heart defense down and the defense stepped up with more and more good plays as the game went on.

But to me, it was also nice that the kicking game looks to be back in synch. Good snaps on the kicks. A couple of solid field goals. The second was kicked real well. And Lynch kicked his only punt 44 yards on a ball the ref claimed was tipped.

Another quote from Ford in the Gazette story:

“The offensive line wore them down,” said UAlbany coach Bob Ford, whose team last faced an unbeaten team in the second half of the season five years ago to the day. “Vinny [Esposito] had some big plays on the option. The safeties creep up, then you get outside the tight end, and you have a pretty good result.”

After two weeks the interceptions are starting to worry me, I'm thinking of Monmouth down the road.

Quote from the SHU Coach:

Gorham said. "I could have gotten 100 yards behind that offensive line. They blot out the sun. We are not different from any other team -- they dominate everybody." Sacred Heart Falls to Albany

A win, is a win, is a win. I was thrilled to see the W as I am sure all of you were. The game was closer then it should of been for the 3rd week in a row and I assure you I hate to sound like a broken record. Someone said it correctly in an earlier post, that Vinny's picks and the penalties are going to get us beat one weekend against a team we should beat.

McCarty was stellar as usual and the Oline kicked it into high gear in the second half. BTW huge kudos to the staff for coming out and running the option. That will keep opponents guessing if we have trouble running the traditional spread offense. Overall Vinny played well enough in the passing game but the picks are killing us and keeping teams in the games. The penalties took two scores off the board this past weekend. Combine that with McCarty's give up on the last play of the game and the final is more like 35 or 42 to their 21 or 28 if Bush doesnt cause the fumble at the end of the first half. Can you imagine going in down 21-10 at the half? I think we still win but against a stellar Defense(Monmouth) we are screwed. JUST CUT DOWN ON THE PICKS AND PENALTIES and I can smell a second NEC Title! D was solid and we still are giving up too much through the air. As a former player and a long time fan of UA I dont know how to stop the pass anymore. I know we are tough as nails against the run as we have shut down 2 very good backs in CCSU and SHU. Not to mention the bigtime backs we slowed up a bit against our CAA opposition.

Same recipe as last week. Get out early and pound the football. Need to score 28-35 and put them away. They will try and throw. We should blitz as they are young at QB. If we are going to struggle against the pass then we need several pressures and sacks. They are 0-7 and dangerous. Squeeze the life out of them and make them wish for the end of the season.

UA 35

SFU 10

Archived