UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I blind? I don't see anything about us involved with this kid...

Looking at ESPN, it appears he's already signed with Louisiana Tech

EDIT #2...further investigation reveals that Brown is definitely off the table.

Am I blind? I don't see anything about us involved with this kid...

Looking at ESPN, it appears he's already signed with Louisiana Tech

EDIT #2...further investigation reveals that Brown is definitely off the table.

check rivals.com that is where I got it

Seeing how we've parted ways with James Stukes.....Coach Brown has one more scholarship to give away in the '10 recruiting class.

My guess would be hang on to it 'till the spring and sign a kid that will fill a need depending on how this season goes.

Can you fill me in on Stukes? Didn't he verbal last year?

He did! Things didn't work out.

Seeing how we've parted ways with James Stukes.....Coach Brown has one more scholarship to give away in the '10 recruiting class.

My guess would be hang on to it 'till the spring and sign a kid that will fill a need depending on how this season goes.

I just saw an article saying he decommitted to go to prep school, but is still keeping his options open- and ESPN still has him on our list. Would love a big body like that back in the program.

I just saw an article saying he decommitted to go to prep school, but is still keeping his options open- and ESPN still has him on our list. Would love a big body like that back in the program.

He didn't "decommit"...good luck to him wherever he winds up.

Actually, he did decommit after attending prep school and thinking he would have bigger schools after him.

He verballed, went to prep, decommitted while at prep...and now is looking for a school.

Do you mean decommitted as in told us he isn't gonna sign with us?

Verbal Committment is non-binding...but it is still a commitment.

So yes, he decommitted when he re-opened his recruiting. However of course it was always non-binding...but the term is still used (decommitted) in conjunction with re-opening your recruiting.

For example:

"Blaine Gabbert, has withdrawn his commitment from the Nebraska Cornhuskers, whom he gave a non-binding verbal pledge in June"; or more to the point,

"The Rice forward verbally committed to the University of Albany on Friday just after returning from an official visit. He is the first member of their 2010 class."

Archived