UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

Verbal Committment is non-binding...but it is still a commitment.

So yes, he decommitted when he re-opened his recruiting. However of course it was always non-binding...but the term is still used (decommitted) in conjunction with re-opening your recruiting.

For example:

"Blaine Gabbert, has withdrawn his commitment from the Nebraska Cornhuskers, whom he gave a non-binding verbal pledge in June"; or more to the point,

"The Rice forward verbally committed to the University of Albany on Friday just after returning from an official visit. He is the first member of their 2010 class."

Except he didn't withdraw his commitment...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So yes, he decommitted when he re-opened his recruiting. However of course it was always non-binding...but the term is still used (decommitted) in conjunction with re-opening your recruiting.

For example:

"Blaine Gabbert, has withdrawn his commitment from the Nebraska Cornhuskers, whom he gave a non-binding verbal pledge in June"; or more to the point,

"The Rice forward verbally committed to the University of Albany on Friday just after returning from an official visit. He is the first member of their 2010 class."

This is my understanding as well. He withdrew his verbal but kept the door open for UA to continue to pursue him. I would think that once he decommits he most likely would not be coming here but you never know. There is still a shot, albeit a small one in my opinion.

Click...be realistic and practical:

Saying "I havent spoken" to the coaching staff prior to publically saying "I am not sure I am going to Albany anymore" is a decommitment. Again, because it is not binding...he doesnt have to come flat out and say "I am decommitting." Once he made the aforementioned statements-- without the coaching staff knowing he would do as such--he basically gave the staff license to write him off.

Kid is a possible academic nightmare anyway based on numerous articles. We need Character kids...who can also play. Not kids who are characters.

For example:

Except he didn't withdraw his commitment...

According to this article he did withdraw his commitment.

http://www.gothamhoops.com/?p=2138

I'm not at liberty to discuss this any further not all is as it appears in print...I'll leave it at that.

My question would be if he is coming here next year wouldn't Will have only 2 scholarships to work with? Unless of course they know he is still committed and just waiting until the proper signing period to announce.

I'm not at liberty to discuss this any further not all is as it appears in print...I'll leave it at that.

My question would be if he is coming here next year wouldn't Will have only 2 scholarships to work with? Unless of course they know he is still committed and just waiting until the proper signing period to announce.

No...he's not coming!

No...he's not coming!

Wow, I am confused....... :blink:

So, you are saying he did not withdraw his commitment but still will not be coming to UA?

Yahoo has us listed with at least some interest in Jaron Jones from Carl Albert (juco)

Not to be a complete vulture but I wonder about a guy like Josh Daniell who signed with Wagner before Mike Deane was fired. We were supposedly interested in him before he signed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived