UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

Another BARAZZA?? AWESOME! lock it in folks, we're gonna go dancing..... - SupaDane

Barazza would have cured alot of UA's ills the past 2 seasons. His health did him in both years he was here not his shooting ability.

I would only hope Moore can shoot as well as Barazza.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another BARAZZA?? AWESOME! lock it in folks, we're gonna go dancing..... - SupaDane

Barazza would have cured alot of UA's ills the past 2 seasons. His health did him in both years he was here not his shooting ability.

It is unfortunate i never saw Barazza healthy, he always looked slow and often got beat on defense when i saw him.

I agree his shot could of helped us alot, but not when we had a subpar inside offense to open it up and terrible rebounding that eliminated the second chance shots.

Do you know any more about Moore? Can he find his own shots? or is he pure spot up shooter?

Coach Brown said we will be much improved next year! i have faith in him!!

It is unfortunate i never saw Barazza healthy, he always looked slow and often got beat on defense when i saw him.

I agree his shot could of helped us alot, but not when we had a subpar inside offense to open it up and terrible rebounding that eliminated the second chance shots.

Do you know any more about Moore? Can he find his own shots? or is he pure spot up shooter?

Coach Brown said we will be much improved next year! i have faith in him!!

From what I've heard...he can both spot up and create his own shot. As a freshmen led his team in scoring. He's 6'3 200lb = strong!

I've adopted the wait and see approach...maybe he can play, maybe he can't.

I've adopted the wait and see approach...maybe he can play, maybe he can't. - CC

Great approach to have!!!

I'm sure he can score some he's proven that and it appears he can stick the three.

I just hope he can be a good perimeter defender.

I also hope that CB brings in a Levi Levine type, a competitor, a banger, someone who will get after it all the time, like Lillis.

I can't remember us ever having a true PF, someone who rebounds and can score or get fouled consistently inside.

I thought for sure I'd come here at lunchtime and someone would have dug up the name of the recruit. I think Coach Brown said he had three guys on campus for a visit.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else so I figure here is as good of a place as any. Bishop Maginn's Shimeek Johnson announced he's transferring from Fairfield.

Bishop Maginn's Shimeek Johnson announced he's transferring from Fairfield. - Dane Pound

After this past season I don't think CB will take a transfer who has to sit out a year, unless he can sign two treemendous impact players (easier said then done) first.

Bishop Maginn's Shimeek Johnson announced he's transferring from Fairfield. - Dane Pound

After this past season I don't think CB will take a transfer who has to sit out a year, unless he can sign two treemendous impact players (easier said then done) first.

I'm so glad to hear this...maybe I'm alone in this but after seeing how things worked out with Harris and other JC players, I'd love to go back to building a program with mostly 4 year players. Develop them, let them grow into what ever role they need to grow into together instead of trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

One or maybe two JUCO's is OK to fill a need/hole but stick to 4 year kids.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong but I'm a bit shell shocked watching the last year or two.

.....One or maybe two JUCO's is OK to fill a need/hole but stick to 4 year kids.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong but I'm a bit shell shocked watching the last year or two.... - clickclack

Click after looking at the Scholarship Matrix on your blog the Purple and Gold Nation it seems that UA roster is right where you want them to be - 9 four year players, 1 JC (Urli) in his final year, 1 three year player (Iati a transfer) not yet on scholarship I believe.

With 3 to be announced, hopefully shortly.

I'm with you on the Jucos Click. Now watch, we'll sign three Juco players!

We've had some good Juco players that I've liked: Opong, Rasheed Peterson, Siggers and Hastings. It just seems recently there's been a bit more distractions than we'd like.

I'm with you on the Jucos Click. Now watch, we'll sign three Juco players!

We've had some good Juco players that I've liked: Opong, Rasheed Peterson, Siggers and Hastings. It just seems recently there's been a bit more distractions than we'd like.

Can Coach go after the two players that Siena had signed before Fran left? They sound like good recruits.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=919995&category=SPORTS

Archived