UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

I'm with you on the Jucos Click. Now watch, we'll sign three Juco players!

We've had some good Juco players that I've liked: Opong, Rasheed Peterson, Siggers and Hastings. It just seems recently there's been a bit more distractions than we'd like.

Can Coach go after the two players that Siena had signed before Fran left? They sound like good recruits.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=919995&category=SPORTS

So were Yard, Martens, Wignot etc. They all "sound" good because they committed to Siena and the hype machine was in high gear. I'm not saying they won't be good D1 players but just like with every recruit at the mid major level, YOU NEVER KNOW!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CB can go after anyone he wants (directly or indirectly), I would imagine.

In the case of the Siena recruits I would imagine they will honor their committment or seek to go to a higher level.

Alot of it I guess would also have to be CB's relationship with MB.

Off the beaten path...!

Do you know the recruit and are saying CB found someone off the beaten path? If so, that always scares me. If a kid is good coaches will know about him even if from a small school or abroad.

I hope whoever it is he is good. :)

Edit: Didn't read B9js post before I posted this. Looks interesting.

As with most true freshmen at our level especially big man, we are gonna have to be patient with this kid. In fact we'll have to be patient with all freshmen...I'm of the mindset that anything you get out of them is a positive. The adjustment from HS to Div 1 is pretty significant, not to mention coming to a new country.

Gotta be honest though, I like the idea of another 4 year kid. I'm OK with the idea of getting two JUCO's to fill out the roster as long as they are a good fit.

Three kids on campus this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, best of luck to the staff, hopefully there is good talent visiting.

After watching Burnatowski from Maine light us on fire this year I was hoping our guy was Canadian.

I'm tempted to guess it's Michael Ocherobia from Canarias Basketball Academy but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Canary Islands? Certainly off the beaten path.

After watching Burnatowski from Maine light us on fire this year I was hoping our guy was Canadian.

I'm tempted to guess it's Michael Ocherobia from Canarias Basketball Academy but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Canary Islands? Certainly off the beaten path.

Maybe not that beaten...pure speculation on my part but I was thinking Croatia, I know he's from a country that produces decent basketball players. Off the beaten path as in a place where we don't typically recruit...Europe!

My educated guess leads me to a big from Australia.

That's a pretty good guess hadn't considered Australia.

Click, two questions which of course you do not have to answer if you do not want?

Why a blog (Purple & Gold Nation) separate from BPF?

Do you have a connection to UA which gives some credibility to your comments/thoughts. I do not mean this in any derogatory way, I have always respected your opinions, I am just trying to establish a degree of reliability.

Thanks; and if you can not answer or choose do not, I understand and respect the confidentiallity of blogging.

Click, two questions which of course you do not have to answer if you do not want?

Do you have a connection to UA which gives some credibility to your comments/thoughts. I do not mean this in any derogatory way, I have always respected your opinions, I am just trying to establish a degree of reliability.

Thanks; and if you can not answer or choose do not, I understand and respect the confidentiallity of blogging.

1) The reason for the blog is fairly simply...to aggregate information on the Great Danes basketball program all in one place and to offer some of my own personal opinions on what I see going on with the program but mostly to collect and disseminate information in a concise manner. DP does an awesome job with this site, a site which covers pretty much all of Great Dane sports, the scope of my blog is significantly more narrow. For instance, if you wanted to go find who we have on the schedule so far for next season you could search through the discussions here or just head over there and get a clear picture with one click, not that DP couldn't sticky it.

I don't intend to replace Big Purple Fans (not that anyone said I was) I started the blog to compliment the discussions here. In fact you'll see that I have a link on the right hand side linking back to this message board. I don't intend to change my level of participation here (for better or worse) the blog is simply something I've been thinking about doing for a long time for fun.

2) As to the degree of reliability. I suspect this will sort itself out over time, I'm either gonna show myself to be someone who can be trusted with the info I post or not. I ask a lot of question, talk to a number of folks, read a lot and scour the web for info. My primary focus as a UA fan is basketball (no secret there) so in turn most of my attention goes to following the nuances of the basketball program. If I'm speculating, I try to clearly indicate that I am by saying something like "rumor has it..." otherwise if I come across something concrete I'll usually post links etc.

The blog has been pretty successful actually even though I know it's new. 71% growth in week two, 449% growth in week three...I'm doing it for fun, I'm not trying to be a mouth piece for anyone just trying to present info in a concise manner all in one place with a dash of personal opinions/observations. A couple of days last week were pretty busy with two days 100+ unique hits.

1) The reason for the blog is fairly simply...to aggregate information on the Great Danes basketball program all in one place and to offer some of my own personal opinions on what I see going on with the program but mostly to collect and disseminate information in a concise manner. DP does an awesome job with this site, a site which covers pretty much all of Great Dane sports, the scope of my blog is significantly more narrow. For instance, if you wanted to go find who we have on the schedule so far for next season you could search through the discussions here or just head over there and get a clear picture with one click, not that DP couldn't sticky it.

I don't intend to replace Big Purple Fans (not that anyone said I was) I started the blog to compliment the discussions here. In fact you'll see that I have a link on the right hand side linking back to this message board. I don't intend to change my level of participation here (for better or worse) the blog is simply something I've been thinking about doing for a long time for fun.

2) As to the degree of reliability. I suspect this will sort itself out over time, I'm either gonna show myself to be someone who can be trusted with the info I post or not. I ask a lot of question, talk to a number of folks, read a lot and scour the web for info. My primary focus as a UA fan is basketball (no secret there) so in turn most of my attention goes to following the nuances of the basketball program. If I'm speculating, I try to clearly indicate that I am by saying something like "rumor has it..." otherwise if I come across something concrete I'll usually post links etc.

The blog has been pretty successful actually even though I know it's new. 71% growth in week two, 449% growth in week three...I'm doing it for fun, I'm not trying to be a mouth piece for anyone just trying to present info in a concise manner all in one place with a dash of personal opinions/observations. A couple of days last week were pretty busy with two days 100+ unique hits.

Archived