UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

What impressed me on that video was the numbers of 12-14' shots he hit and a few very nice passes he threw.

I'm not counting on anything from these three until I see them.

Some of what I'm hoping for is.....

Blake improve his "O" and FT shooting some and Urli becomes more consistent.

Jake and Puk help us inside.

Logan get 100% healthy and Billy has fully recovered from his back and starts shooting it consistently, he still has 2 full years ahead of him.

Hopefully Black gets stronger and Iati has the ability to give us minutes at PG

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that Devlin is a shooter. The more shooters the better as far as I'm concerned. I'd like four guys who can shoot playing with Metcalf to collect the rebounds on whatever they miss. I'm expecting (hoping) Puk will fill the inside banger role along with Metcalf.

I like that Devlin is a shooter. The more shooters the better as far as I'm concerned. I'd like four guys who can shoot playing with Metcalf to collect the rebounds on whatever they miss. I'm expecting (hoping) Puk will fill the inside banger role along with Metcalf.

Considering how ass poor this team shot last season...ANYONE who can buy a bucket is a welcome addition in my book.

No Hype just copying someone else's thoughts.

From Poopscoop....

...We also understand that the Albany has landed 6'3 Russell Moore from John A. Logan (JC) IL and 6'7 Theo Hatcher from Central Arizona (JC) AZ. The big prize here is Hatcher, who has a high basketball IQ, is versatile enough to play three different positions, and can shoot the lights out, as is evident by the fact that he hit 55-120 (46%) from beyond the arc this past season. .....

I have to admit that after the past two years I have a bit of Juco fatigue. Still, Hatcher looks like an interesting player with his size and shooting. Especially considering bigger wings (El-Amin, Greer Wright, Garvey Young) gave us problems last year. He's also got to be the first player we've had who has come from a school with both a men's and women's rodeo team.

I have to admit that after the past two years I have a bit of Juco fatigue. Still, Hatcher looks like an interesting player with his size and shooting. Especially considering bigger wings (El-Amin, Greer Wright, Garvey Young) gave us problems last year. He's also got to be the first player we've had who has come from a school with both a men's and women's rodeo team.

I think (hope) Hatcher is an important pick up. With Will Brown being in serious hot water if this season does not go well the players who produce will be the ones who see time on the floor and experience helps. Seeing Puk's frame last year (5 pound heavier that Timmy...) I would be suprised to see him make a contribution on the boards next year. Ideally in my mind, an older, more experienced Hatcher will earn a starting spot next to Blake and challenge guys like Puk, Lindfors and now the Aussie that they will need to pound the glass to get minutes (of course, optimistically hoping that Hatcher's high 3 pt % and high rebound stats mean that he will balance his time inside and outside the perimeter).

From http://linky.com.au/mmv3b

The camp, an initiative of FIBA and the NBA, will be held in Singapore from June 28 – July 1.

South Australians Corey Maynard and Jan Warbout will attend the camp alongside Victorians Josh Wilcher and Chris Patton and NSW forward Luke Devlin.

Each player was selected following their performances at the 2010 Australian U20 Championships in Gawler, South Australia in February.

Wilcher averaged 16 points, 5.5 assists and 2.3 rebounds and Patton 13.2 points and 6.8 rebounds as they helped Victoria to the national title.

The two South Australians also performed well to finish in second place; Maynard averaged 10.5 points, 6 rebounds and 4.3 assists, Warbout had 9.3 points, 8 rebounds and 2 assists across the championships.

Helping NSW to fourth Devlin averaged a double-double with 14.7 points, 10.3 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game.

Basketball without Borders (BWB) is the NBA and FIBA’s global basketball development program that uses the sport to create positive social change in the areas of education, health and wellness.

Corey Maynard-- Headed to Bryant

Jan Warbout- Played on a team that was the first Aussie team to be invited to the Roundball Classic here in the States.

Josh Wilcher- Played in the SEABL...the strongest "pro league" in Australia (not the NBL...which is the big boy). He is headed to Metro State on a full ride. They are a very good DII school. He also played on the Australia U-19 FIBA's Oceania Team (prepping for the World's)

Not bad company....

It's funny reading some of the stuff on Devlin. His Australian team did a tour of the US and played in a tournament at Mt. Zion. I remember Coach Brown posting about his recruting trips to North Carolina and some of us were wondering how any kid in North Carolina could get missed with all the schools there. It makes much more sense now that he was probably going to see Devlin.

Russell Moore's team just had their 8th DI signee - From Chicago Hoops.....

Jeffrey Jackson Of Juco Powerhouse John A. Logan College Commits To The University Of Central Arkansas, And Becomes The 8th John A. Logan Player To Accept A Division I Scholarship

Brian Stinnette

May 12, 2010

Jeffrey Jackson of junior college powerhouse John A. Logan College has decided to attend The University of Central Arkansas, and in the process becomes the 8th player from John A. Logan College to accept a Division I basketball scholarship this season.

Jackson, a 5'10" point guard, hails from Little Rock, Arkansas. Just a freshman, Jackson will have three years of playing eligibility at Central Arkansas, which competes in the Southland Conference.

Jackson joins his John A. Logan teammates Lazeric Jones (UCLA), Jesse Perry (Arizona), Andre Clark (Texas Christian), Kenny Harris (Evansville), Antwond Roshell (Louisiana Tech), Russell Moore (Albany) and Devonte Maymon (Youngstown State) in accepting a scholarship to play Division I college basketball.

Archived