UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ralph Watts Watch 2008

If I'm reading the schedule correctly it looks like Peekskill will be playing in the 9 AM semi final next weekend. They'll be playing the winner of today's Scotia-Glenville vs. the always awe-inducing Jamesville-Dewitt. Thinking about taking in game and then heading across the street to Davidson's Brew Pub for lunch and some NCAA action.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...looks like Ralph is playing in the 9 AM game next saturday...I think i'll take the ride and check out the game since I don't have to be at work until 6 on Saturday. If anyone else is going, let me know! We should meet up for lunch or something.

On a side note, any opinions on whether or not I should rock the cape and give Ralph a preview of what he's in for next year??? LOL

On to the Championship game:

Peekskill

Daquan Brickhouse: 15 points, 5 assists

Ralph Watts: 11 points, 5 assists

Darien Thomas: 10 rebounds, 6 points

Kenny Bradshaw: 10 points, 7 rebounds

Jayme Gooding: 7 points

Malcolm McDonald: 7 rebounds, 5 offensive

FG: Peekskill 23 for 57 (40.3 percent)

FT: Peekskill 8 for 10

3pt: Peekskill 1 for 10; East Hampton 1 for 11

Rebounds: Peekskill 37, East Hampton 29

Turnovers: Peekskill 10, East Hampton 13

10:16 a.m.: PEEKSKILL WINS 55-48.

"Panzanaro tells me Ralph Watts isn’t coming to practice today. He apparently injured his right shoulder pretty bad at Tuesday’s 6 a.m. practice and was going for treatment before school… and then after school, then at night, then tomorrow morning. Panzanaro and Brickhouse both insist he’s going to play. But they said he was in discomfort the last two days."

From the blog...

Just got back from watching the Peekskill game live and here are a few thoughts!

-First off, we are getting a very good guy in Ralph. Following the game, he came over to me and thanked me for coming out and chatted with me and another Albany fan for a minute or two. Really nice of the kid considering he had about 20 family members in the audience (Just about all of whom introduced themselves to me!!! lol) and I am sure he had plenty of things to do.

-Ralph is a good player. Today he got into foul trouble early and didn't really play much in the first half because of it. When he was in, he had a little bit of a rough day shooting the ball. However, he was consistently getting to the hoop and finishing which was a nice element of his game to see, considering he has been hyped as a shooter. (BTW, kid was lights out shooting in warm ups lol)

-This kid has really good court vision, and is very unselfish. There were a bunch of times Ralph drove to the dish and then spun around and found an open guy for a shot, or made an extra pass which led to a sure bucket instead of him taking a potentially contested shot. The 5 assists doesn't do him justice since there were a few bunnies missed by his teammates off of good passes from him. I was joking around with him after the game telling him he's the new starting PG next year with all the great plays he made!! lol

-Ralph is very long and athletic. His body type reminds of Jerel Hastings or Jason Siggers. He is a good dribbler, and seemed to play some solid D today. I can see him playing anywhere from the 1-3 spots for us next season. Very versatile in the sense that he has good court vision, is a good scorer, and is big and long enough to guard some opposing 3's or 4's.

Ultimately, I couldn't have been more happy with the decision to make the trip today. I had a late night last night but getting up today was well worth it. His family was an absolute pleasure to speak with, and like I said, Ralph taking some time out himself to say hi was great as well. Hope my mini scouting report helps put his game into better perspective for everyone on here!

I was at the game this morning also. A bit bleary from staying up to watch the Siena-Ohio St. game last night. I was fortunate to spot (how could I miss him) and take in the game with the "Cape." It was great to meet you. A couple other Albany fans there as well as some members of the coaching staff.

I agree with the Cape's take on Watts. The only thing I'd add is that when the game got tight in the last couple of minutes Watts uped his game. Not just by shooting but by driving and creating easy chances for his teammates.

Seems like a glue guy that we can really use. It'll be interesting to see what position(s) he plays next year. With his size it seems like he could be really effective defensively as SG.

I don't know how true they are but some recruiting sites has mentioned Albany as having interest in Watts' teamate PG Dawuan Brickhouse. Brickhouse was extremely entertaining to watch. Super handle and the epitome of fearless.

I was at the game this morning also. A bit bleary from staying up to watch the Siena-Ohio St. game last night. I was fortunate to spot (how could I miss him) and take in the game with the "Cape." It was great to meet you. A couple other Albany fans there as well as some members of the coaching staff.

I agree with the Cape's take on Watts. The only thing I'd add is that when the game got tight in the last couple of minutes Watts uped his game. Not just by shooting but by driving and creating easy chances for his teammates.

Seems like a glue guy that we can really use. It'll be interesting to see what position(s) he plays next year. With his size it seems like he could be really effective defensively as SG.

I don't know how true they are but some recruiting sites has mentioned Albany as having interest in Watts' teamate PG Dawuan Brickhouse. Brickhouse was extremely entertaining to watch. Super handle and the epitome of fearless.

I would be ecstatic if we have interest in Brickhouse!! What other schools were listed as having interest?

Archived