UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ralph Watts Watch 2008

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you gentlemen for representing UAlbany well!

Sounds like a quality kid along with a quality family!

Brickhouse is a junior?

So, the championship game is Sunday at 1pm?

Anyone going?

Unfortunately I have work all day tomorrow so I will not be able to attend.

Brickhouse is a junior, and the kid can play. He was the best player on the floor today! The kid looks just like Tyrese Rice of Boston College (Headband, hair and all). He is very undersized (Looked like he was 5ft 9 or so) but the kid can play. He is a really good ball handler (Broke this kid's ankles with about 30 seconds to go when the kid tried to intentionally foul him...absolutely hilarious) and has great court vision. He had a lot of really nice passes to open players, and can score the ball too. I liked him a lot and I was telling D.P. that we found our starting PG for 2011! lol

Brickhouse is a junior?

Anyone going?

Brickhouse is a junior, and the kid can play. He was the best player on the floor today! The kid looks just like Tyrese Rice of Boston College (Headband, hair and all). He is very undersized (Looked like he was 5ft 9 or so) but the kid can play. He is a really good ball handler (Broke this kid's ankles with about 30 seconds to go when the kid tried to intentionally foul him...absolutely hilarious) and has great court vision. He had a lot of really nice passes to open players, and can score the ball too. I liked him a lot and I was telling D.P. that we found our starting PG for 2011! lol

Question for Cape or DP...

what's the admission cost for adults and children at the GFCC?

From here.

Breakdown: Class A state championship

The most anticipated game of the year is only a day away.

Peekskill and Jamesville-Dewitt both snuck by in today’s Class A semifinals; Peekskill beat East Hampton 55-48 and J-D beat Batavia 40-32. Neither team looked all that sharp, although it doesn’t make a difference. All that matters is what happens at 1 p.m. tomorrow, and I can guarantee both teams will raise their play.

Here’s how I see the game shaking out:

Class A state championship

Peekskill (23-1) vs. Jamesville-Dewitt (25-1)

When: Sunday, at 1 p.m.

Where: Glens Falls Civic Center

Watch it live: lohud.com/vcsports1 :excl:

Who is Jamesville-Dewitt: The school is in the town of Dewitt, which is just East of Syracuse. The Red Rams won last year’s state and Federation titles, beating Peekskill in the state semifinals. J-D has won three state titles in history, including 2004 when it beat Taj Finger’s Fox Lane squad.

Jamesville-Dewitt starting five: Brandon Triche (6-4), Sr., PG; Dajuan Coleman (6-8), Fr., C; Alshawn Hymes (6-2), Sr., F; Lamar Kearse (6-0), Jr., G; Steve Thompson (6-3), Sr., F.

What to know about J-D:

Offense — Everything starts with Triche, the Syracuse-bound star. His ability get in the paint and create through traffic is stunning to watch. There aren’t many players in the state who posses his ability to finish or draw contact, and he’s at his best when he’s out in the open floor. Coleman is big but raw with his footwork. Hymes is the player who really hurt Peekskill in last year’s semifinal, and you can see the numbers he’s capable of putting up.

Defense — With Coleman manning the middle, there Red Rams will likely vary between zones and force the Red Devils to beat them from the outside. I wouldn’t be shocked if they even put a box-and-one on, with Lamar Kearse assigned to Daquan Brickhouse. As poorly as they played against Batavia, the defense disrupted ball movement and forced Batavia to settle for everything out on the perimeter.

Who will win: Jamesville-Dewitt. I sat and watched Jamesville struggled today against a Batavia team that scored only three second-quarter points and went what seemed like forever without scoring in the fourth. There’s no way that happens again. J-D is widely regarded as the top team in the state, regardless of class. I might not totally buy that, but they’re in the conversation and, right now, Peekskill isn’t. The Red Devils have struggled to put points on the board since their 91-point barrage against Pearl River and nobody seems to know why. A question like that can’t be answered overnight, and not against a team as talented as J-D.

Prediction: Jamesville-Dewitt 57, Peekskill 50

Brickhouse is a junior?

Anyone going?

Question for Cape or DP...

what's the admission cost for adults and children at the GFCC?

10 dollars for adults, not sure for children

I won't be able to go up to GF today. I hope everyone planning to go represents Albany well. Two words to the wise for anyone making the trip:

DON'T follow the signs for basketball parking. They want $10 to park in Glens Falls for two hours! That's worse than Boston. There are plenty of public lots around with a shorter walk than the Cue that you can park for free.

If you head up for lunch before the game think about hitting Davidson's Brothers Brew Pub. It's about 60 seconds from the Civic Center on foot. Food is very good and beer is excellent. They also will have the early NCAA games on. Enjoy!

B)-->

QUOTE(Zalman B @ Mar 22 2009, 02:44 PM) 41989[/snapback]
Watts has 21 points, 4 rebounds so far. Just hit two FT with about 47 seconds left in OT to bring Peekskill within 2.

Watts steals the inbounds pass, takes a running jumper, misses, gets the rebound and misses that. Peekskill fouls and the guy misses. Brickhouse rushed down the court and misses a layup. Game over. Great season for Peekskill. Look forward to Ralph joining the Danes next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived