UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ DePaul

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IF Siena thinks they are going to blow us out...they have another thing coming. Yes, DePaul is picked 15 of 16 in the Big East, but the Big East could have a record 10 teams in the tourney this year.

'Nuff said.

This Dane squad is going to battle for PT...and frankly, I could care less about the OOC right now-- it is simply gravy.

Although we didn't win the game, we WON the second half. We tied the 2nd half of Villanova just about.

If we put together a full game, we are highly competitive with these big east teams.... with a brand new team! We could of won this game!

We have 5 more game to get our guys accustomed to eachother.... and add in the very nice talent that we have, and we are going to take the December 6th game.... lots of smack talk coming out of lcc.

If you would of asked me a few months or even weeks ago I would of been excited about Raffa, Ambrose and Hastings starting in the 1-3 spots. Doesn't look that way but that could still change after we play the next few games with more reasonable and beatable opponents.

I wonder what our record is in games where Gifford and Covington combine for 8+ points. I'm guessing pretty good. If they could combine to average 10 a game we would be set.

IF Siena thinks they are going to blow us out...they have another thing coming. Yes, DePaul is picked 15 of 16 in the Big East, but the Big East could have a record 10 teams in the tourney this year.

'Nuff said.

This Dane squad is going to battle for PT...and frankly, I could care less about the OOC right now-- it is simply gravy.

I hope you're right, but I saw Siena tonight. They are extremely athletic and totally destroyed Boise, who also had some athletes. They returned all their starters and do not look like an early season team as a result. They could very well be the second best team on our schedule.

Some random post game thoughts.....

THE GOOD

- Defense was exceptional for most of the game other then the maybe the first 5-8 minutes. I know before the season the coach was concerned if this team is going to play in your face D. From what I've seen so far, they've taken to his call to play D. This team works CONSTANTLY, they rarely if ever take a play off and that's awesome to see.

- Rebounding...we out rebounded DePaul by 11, a BE team and as DP pointed out, they had some HUGE guys on the court and coming off the bench. Great to see that defense and rebounding appear to be there. Not just the effort but also the results. That should bode well for non BE teams.

- Depth....this team got it going on in the depth dept. We can just keep running guys in and not miss a beat, when was the last time we had that? As the roles become more clearly defined the bench will be an even bigger asset to this team.

THE BAD

- TUUUUURRRNNNNN OVVVVVERRRRS - Lordy, they must do something to limit those, we simply don't stand a chance in these up games turning it over like we are. Again, allot of them were unforced. I know we are trying to work in a 7 new guys (8 if we count Logan) so this aspect of the game will be a work in progress but we certainly need allot of work. It just seems that the kids are playing a bit to fast without being totally familiar with each other and the offense. It will come and should get better with each game.

- Gotta get Will more involved, I know he's probably working himself into shape but we need a little more from him. Not killing him here but we need get him to do what he's capable of doing. I suspect this will come with time.

- Scotty has looked very good in these two games.....can't wait to see what he does against AE and non BE competition.

Adjustment I'd make.....FWIW (simply shooting the $iena, I trust coach Brown will do what he needs to do)

- I'd start Mike...not just because he had a great game today but because I find him to be a bit more mature at this point then Anthony. I know Anthony is the future and I'm excited but Mike looks like a kid who can set others up and he can score and play great on the ball defense. In order to win we need that right now. I'd give Anthony plenty of time off the bench and his time to be a star will come...probably sooner rather then later but he needs to develop a bit more as a player.

Archived