UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

CCSU @ Albany

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im still in the buildin and im still shaking. One of if not the best win ive ever seen. Wooooooooooow. Timmy is a stud.

I was thinking quite the opposite..game got very ugly..we played great ball for about the first 30 minutes and the last 30 seconds..Ambrose got to the hoop at will, especially the last few minutes to keep us in the game with his offense..exciting ending while forcing CCSU in to two turnovers in the last 15 seconds..always nice to be on the good side of a close finish like that.

Yeh...I should rephrase that one of the best comeback wins I've been in the building for. I agree....no excuse to collapse like that but they got it done!

Some post game thoughts....

- We cannot continue to play 30 minute games and expect to get away with it. We were in complete control and again just completely fell asleep or something. I'm not sure how to describe it.

- Defense was good for the most part.....3 pt defense was much improved over the last three games.

- Will and Timmy could get what ever they wanted tonight. Timmy could get into the lane when ever he wanted, it just seems that when they went into their rut in the second half they went away from what worked, getting into the lane and getting things inside.

- Anthony Raffa plays 100 miles an hour, once he learns to change speeds he's going to be difficult to contain. His play in the first half was very good, always around the ball and he fights and fights. This kid is going to be very good.

Did anyone hear those two jokers in section 200 continually screaming "GIFFORD....GET IN THERE GIFFORD....COME ON GIFF" I don't know what to say but they drive me crazy. Even when Giff is nowhere near the ball or isn't even involved in the play. I did all I could to not tell them to shut the hell up today.

That was incredible. Certainly a good way to get the fans for the next game - at least those who don't have weak hearts. Ambrose showed why there is a big picture of him on the Sefcu Arena tonight. He owned those last couple of minutes.

This was the kind of game I envisioned us in early in the season this year and losing so it's great to see us escape with the win. I didn't think we dealt with screens or switches particuarly well tonight. I thought CCSU didn't shoot well from outside which made our defense look statistically better than it was. I don't imagine Coach Brown was probably thrilled that we were outrebounded either.

Despite those flaws it's looking like a fun season. Raffa on his own is worth the price of admission, not to mention Ambrose and Harris. Can't wait to see it all come together.

I got to ask...

have the students come up or continued with some good cheers? I figured the UA-UA-UA-UA chant still is going, but I was hoping the cheer with half the arena yelling U and the other half yelling A was still around. Did the students get RACC Rowdie crazy at times?

I got to ask...

have the students come up or continued with some good cheers? I figured the UA-UA-UA-UA chant still is going, but I was hoping the cheer with half the arena yelling U and the other half yelling A was still around. Did the students get RACC Rowdie crazy at times?

Yeh...there was some of the U------A cheers. Half yelling U the other half yelling A.

Is there a reason to ever go under the screen rather then over it? Tonight, as DP points the defense was very much work in progress. Way to many times we'd go under the screen only to see CCSU fire away. Good thing they didn't hit allot of those 3's.

My guess is that going under the screen helps the defender in getting into a position to stop the drive towards the basket, whereas going over the screen hopefully allows you to stay on the ball or stay with your man to prevent the pass to your man (if he doesn't have the ball already). I've never coached, however, so don't put too much stock into my response here! :)

Don't have an exact figure but it seemed to be pretty full for the most part. Definitely not a sellout. When we had the ball for our last possession, the building was rocking as loud as I have ever heard it. Everyone was into the game 2nite

It sure was! I missed the play prior to the CCSU inbound and stepping out of bounds, resulting in us getting the ball back (and Timmy putting in the game-winner). What happened on that play where we stole the ball or almost stole it? The fans in front of me jumped up so fast, I literally couldn't keep up and missed the play! :-/

Did anyone hear those two jokers in section 200 continually screaming "GIFFORD....GET IN THERE GIFFORD....COME ON GIFF" I don't know what to say but they drive me crazy. Even when Giff is nowhere near the ball or isn't even involved in the play. I did all I could to not tell them to shut the hell up today.

Yes! I heard those two guys because they were very close to me, and they drove me nuts with their patent animus towards Gifford (only Lord knows why). I kept looking to see if Gifford was doing something wrong, but he was doing nothing wrong at all to warrant those jokers' heckling. In fact, he was hustling his tail off like he always does and fighting for boards!

And here's the proof that these guys were, pardon my language, ass-clowns: At some points during the game when they made comments such as "c'mon Gifford, grab that board," etc. (I'm paraphrasing), Gifford WASN'T EVEN IN THE GAME, and they weren't even directing their comments at Gifford. Now that I think back about it, I'm not so sure those two clowns even knew who Gifford was!!

I'm glad you noted their presence, Boisy, and the fact that you were also annoyed by it, because I felt the same way, and I'll definitely say something to them or officials next game if they are there again (I hope not, since I will be sitting there all season). Moreover, one of the individuals had one of those small-sized whistles, and during at least one free-throw attempt by CCSU, he tried to use it (but failed in his attempt). I was under the impression that artificial noisemakers and whistles are forbidden at NCAA basketball games ... .

I don't care if those two want to scream and shout all game, but don't yell irrational comments and unjustified comments at our own players and yell and scream in a positive way to support the team and its efforts!

Courtesy of Mark and the TU Blog....Both Will Harris and Anthony Raffa are questionable for Saturdays season opener. Anthony has a mild concussion and Will banged knees with someone and has a strained knee. Good thing our bench has played very well this season thus far....we are pretty deep.

Also, CCSU might be without their PG Thompson who is nursing a groin injury and has not practiced all week, might miss the game.

Some other stuff regarding the Siena game etc. so head on over and take a read!

So much for Thompson not playing. He played 35 minutes and scored 12 points. And holy Horton! 33 points for Horton in tonight's game. Is that why we appeared to go in zone at certain points in tonight's game? I couldn't understand why we went zone against a team that I thought we were more athletic than.

Archived