UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Volleyball 2008 AE Champs

dare I say...dynasty?

I guess it depends on your criteria but either conference or tourney champ for five year in a row is pretty amazing. This program is setting the standard and hopefully can continue in the NCAAs. Any chance we host the first round again?

Wilkin calls Bing 'the Bobcats'.

I am told I am too negative to the TU so I will focus on the positive. It was nice for the TU to actually send a reporter to cover a very worthy team. You can't expect him to get the opponent team right the first time he sees them play and besides he could have been overworked with all the coverage he has been providing the areas lesser volleyball team. :rolleyes:

Update from MJ:

Hello to All!

On behalf of the GREAT DANES team, I want to thank all of you for your support throughout the season and the AEC Championship. It has been an outstanding year so far and that is due in no small part to all of you!

For those who were unable to attend: In the Semi’s we met a very tough Maine team, with 7 seniors and nothing to lose. We came out a little tight and lost the first set (20-25). The crowd made themselves known in the second set and the team responded and won (25-20). And then the fans helped us battle to win the third (28-26). With that energy in the gym, we cruised through the fourth set (25-20). For the championship match, there was little Binghamton could do. The team was relaxed and confident and those in the stands were loud and supportive – scores: 25-13, 25-19, 25-18. The team fed off the energy and we thank all of you who were able to attend.

I hope you will tune in to ESPNU this coming Sunday (11/30) at 10PM EST for the NCAA Bracket announcements. We have a good chance to host again this year so please keep your fingers crossed!

Again, thank you and GO DANES!!!!

MJ

is the MAAC considered a better volleyball conference? The MAAC championship is on ESPNU. Why didn't the AEast get a nationally televised game?

No, like most sports it is not even close. The maac is among the worst leagues if not the worst.

The ncaa site has RPI through 11/10

Albany's RPI is 62.

The 2 maac teams playing tonight are 147 and 151.

There are 329 teams listed.

The last 2 years I have gone to the ncaas to see UA play.(once at home, once on the road) There are 16 4 team regions. Albany has been seeded 3rd out of the 4 teams and the maac champion was in our region both times obviously seed 4th.

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2008WVBrpi1.html

Archived