UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New York, NY -- The YES Network (www.yesnetwork.com) will televise live the third annual Gridiron Classic college football game on Saturday, December 6, pitting University at Albany (N.Y.), champion of the Northeast Conference, against Jacksonville University (Fla.), the Pioneer Football League champion. The game, to be telecast at 1:30 pm ET, will take place at University Field on the UAlbany campus. Both schools participate in the Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), formerly Division I-AA.

YES is available throughout New York and Connecticut and in parts of New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania on cable, on Verizon’s FiOS and AT&T’s U-Verse television services, and via DirecTV (channel 631 for both standard definition and high-definition). YES is available nationally on DirecTV (channel 631) and on AT&T’s U-verse (channel 702).

UAlbany won its second straight NEC title this year by going undefeated in league play for the second consecutive season (7-0, 8-3 overall). Its seven-game win streak is tied for third longest among FCS teams. The Great Danes’ offense is led by senior tailback David McCarty, UAlbany’s single-season and career record holder in rushing yards.

Jacksonville won its first Pioneer Football League title this fall with a 7-1 conference record despite being picked to finish fifth prior to the season. The Dolphins, coached by former University of Florida standout quarterback Kerwin Bell, are 9-3 overall and, like Albany, are riding a seven-game win streak. This is only Jacksonville’s 11th season of fielding a football team.

Pioneer Football League representatives have won the first two Gridiron Classics, with Dayton defeating UAlbany 42-21 in 2007 and San Diego besting Monmouth 27-7 in 2006.

The YES Network, the most-watched regional sports network in the country the past five years, features exclusive telecasts of the 26-time World Champion New York Yankees and the New Jersey Nets In addition to the Yankees and Nets, YES televises college games, as well as Emmy Award-winning biography, interview and magazine programs. Further YES Network information can be found at www.yesnetwork.com.

http://www.northeastconference.org/News/fb....asp?path=fball

Wow! Great news.

Great for the fans and also great publicity for the university. I could see it being picked up by a Fox Sports South etc.

The one thing that is really going to suck is that the main camera will be from the top of the PE building, which means it will be looking down upon the visitors bleachers.....not good for recruiting. Not good at all.

Any chance for a paint job in the next two weeks?

Anyone know if the University still has the bleachers that has been used for John Fallon Field the past few seasons? Would slapping those things down on the visitor's sideline and removing the other an option?

Either way, nice to have a powerhouse network like YES coming to UAlbany.

Lots of New Yorkers are going to hear and see about UAlbany Football.

Anyone know if the University still have the bleachers that has been used for John Fallon Field the past few season? Would slapping those things down on the visitor's sideline and removing the other an option?

Those were rentals. And would having empty seats be any more impressive? I'm not optimistic about the crowds unless we suddenly get some unseasonably warm weather. Next year, for a whole season, maybe.

Does $iena still have the cardboard cutouts of fans they used in the 'measles game' about 20 years ago? They could fill in the stands too.

We still have the bleachers according to a representative at Albany. In fact, at Fallon Field, our seating capacity can go upwards of 4000 if we need it. I know we did rent some bleachers...but we also had ones we owned and kept from Fallon Field prior to the construction.

If for nothing else, it builds UAlbany's name recognition.

There will be football fans that will tune in to the game that might not otherwise have known about UAlbany. On college game day Saturday's I tend to flip through and watch as many games as I can.

It may also prompt someone to decide to come to a game next year if they like what they see. There are fewer games being played on December 6th which means that sports ticker will say 'Albany' many more times.

Since the game is being covered by YES, a major network, it allows other networks to pick up a video feed for a quick blurb about the game. I'm sure ESPN or ABC can run a quick clip if they see something interesting, which is not the case if it's being broadcast online like it was last year.

This is really great for a football team that has met and surpassed every expectation. I hope success is rewarded. UA deserves admittance to a stronger conference and some decent facilities.

is this game going to be streamed online? I'm studying abroad right now until January, but it'd be really cool to catch this game somewhere. I'll be missing the Siena game as well which sucks.

You need to buy a round trip ticket, and get back for the weekend.

Volleyball NCAA Tournament games, Gridiron Football Classic, and top the weekend off with a little romping of the community college in loudonville.

No excuses! Orbitz it bro!

Archived