UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Same Old Crumby Siena Seats

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys complaining about the game are in a clear minority. UA gets more of its fans to attend this game than just about any home game all year. As long as 4,000 plus Dane fans make the trip to the TUC the game will be played. Enjoy the game today , it should be a great atmosphere in the TUC, I’m sure the kids on both sides will enjoy it

You guys complaining about the game are in a clear minority. UA gets more of its fans to attend this game than just about any home game all year. As long as 4,000 plus Dane fans make the trip to the TUC the game will be played. Enjoy the game today , it should be a great atmosphere in the TUC, I’m sure the kids on both sides will enjoy it

Nobody has a problem with this game being played.

The problem people have with it is it always being a Albany at Siena game where it is primarily Siena that benefits financially vs. a neutral court game or other arrangement where both teams would share equally in the increase revenue this game brings in.

If you still don't understand the difference after all these years, you really are even dumber than I think you are.

Good day.

The problem people have with it is it always being a Albany at Siena game where it is primarily Siena that benefits financially vs. a neutral court game or other arrangement where both teams would share equally in the increase revenue this game brings in.

If you still don't understand the difference after all these years, you really are even dumber than I think you are.

Good day.

Bob I’m gonna take the high road with you and not respond to your insults. But as to the gist of your post a few facts for you

1) UA makes more $$$ on this game than any other home game of the season

2) UA gets more publicity for this game than any other regular season game

3) The game is 10 min from your campus- hardly a true road game

4) UA gets more of its fans to attend this game than any other regular season game

Personally I’d have no problem playing this game at SEFCU as long as Siena gets the same 2200 tickets Siena gives UA for the game at the TUC . Of course then you would have 2500 UA fans shut out from the game- obviously a choice your Administration doesn’t want to make ( thank God for cooler heads) You are on drugs if you ever think Siena will play at Sefcu without a minimum of the 2200 seats Siena gives UA. The only place in the capital district capable of handling the game is the TUC. The TUC has a contract with Siena to be the primary college basketball tenant. Since about 2/3 of the crowd will be Siena fans no way Siena ever lets UA be the home team- nor should they . Those are the cold hard facts for you

Hope that helps

I guess if the situation were reversed I might not understand the other side's problem. If I got the game included in my season ticket package every year and was able to see the whole game from my seats I might not understand why people would complain.

I think the thing you don't understand Tony is that many of us go to other road games throughout the year. This has annually been the most expensive road game ticket and we've gotten the worst seats in the arena - every year. You'd start to feel hosed to if it happened to you. We're paying filet mignon prices and we're getting a McDonald's burger that's been dropped on the floor.

Good day.

Bob I’m gonna take the high road with you and not respond to your insults. But as to the gist of your post a few facts for you

4) UA gets more of its fans to attend this game than any other regular season game

Personally I’d have no problem playing this game at SEFCU as long as Siena gets the same 2200 tickets Siena gives UA for the game at the TUC . Of course then you would have 2500 UA fans shut out from the game- obviously a choice your Administration doesn’t want to make ( thank God for cooler heads) You are on drugs if you ever think Siena will play at Sefcu without a minimum of the 2200 seats Siena gives UA. The only place in the capital district capable of handling the game is the TUC. The TUC has a contract with Siena to be the primary college basketball tenant. Since about 2/3 of the crowd will be Siena fans no way Siena ever lets UA be the home team- nor should they . Those are the cold hard facts for you

Hope that helps

Hey Tony, not to get in the middle of your pissing contest, but wouldn't your "4 points of wisdom" hold true for $iena concerning this game as well?

Good day.

Hope that helps

Tony, once again you get facts wrong. That is my definition of a clown. Everyone makes some mistakes, but you make the same ones over and over.

Number 1 and number 4 are incorrect. It has been stated UA was supposed to get 2,000, but still got only slightly more than 1500 tickets. There is no way 1500 tickets or even 2000 with no sponsorship dollars equates to more money that the BPG with a sellout plus the furious feast money plus the sponsorships money UA gets from home games.

as far as number 4 you change the number of UA fans more often than you change your predictions. First you say 2,000 then you say maybe 4,000 now you say at least 4600.

2) Obviously if number 2 didn't have validity this game would not be played under these terms

3) A road game is a road game is a road game

As far the options of home and home and neutral court whatever, these have been discussed many times with none of your excuses holding water. Siena can give NJIT an equal deal but they can't do a fair deal in whatever form with the only team that fills that building other than Syracuse.

Good day

I guess if the situation were reversed I might not understand the other side's problem. If I got the game included in my season ticket package every year and was able to see the whole game from my seats I might not understand why people would complain.

I think the thing you don't understand Tony is that many of us go to other road games throughout the year. This has annually been the most expensive road game ticket and we've gotten the worst seats in the arena - every year. You'd start to feel hosed to if it happened to you. We're paying filet mignon prices and we're getting a McDonald's burger that's been dropped on the floor.

Rome wasn't built in a day. You guys got a better deal this time than last time- and when the contract comes up again in a few years I suspect the deal will be even sweeter for UA. I would guess your biggest boosters got most of the "choice" seats but I can assure you UA got some nice seats this time - and next contract you'll probably get more. I know that’s not consoling for those sitting in the nose bleed seats

Tony, once again you get facts wrong. That is my definition of a clown. Everyone makes some mistakes, but you make the same ones over and over.

Number 1 and number 4 are incorrect. It has been stated UA was supposed to get 2,000, but still got only slightly more than 1500 tickets. There is no way 1500 tickets or even 2000 with no sponsorship dollars equates to more money that the BPG with a sellout plus the furious feast money plus the sponsorships money UA gets from home games.

as far as number 4 you change the number of UA fans more often than you change your predictions. First you say 2,000 then you say maybe 4,000 now you say at least 4600.

2) Obviously if number 2 didn't have validity this game would not be played under these terms

As far the options of home and home and neutral court whatever, these have been discussed many times with none of your excuses holding water. Siena can give NJIT an equal deal but they can't do a fair deal in whatever form with the only team that fills that building other than Syracuse.

Good day

Bob better check with your administration- you’re numbers are WRONG. I can’t remember the exact number but it was either 2100 or 2200 tickets UA received for this game.

Bob I believe you have a serious reading comprehension problem. I haven’t changed one bit my estimate of the UA crowd- between 4,000 and 5000 of the fans there today will be UA fans

As for Siena playing a weakling like Bryant college or if they play Cornell and get 7700 what revenue Siena makes is quite frankly none of your business. You should be concerned what UA makes on the game. And once again Bob if you have any pull at all check with your athletic dept What do you guys think McElroy is a fool ? He is going to negotiate a deal in UA’s best interest.

Good day

Bob better check with your administration- you’re numbers are WRONG. I can’t remember the exact number but it was either 2100 or 2200 tickets UA received for this game.

Bob I believe you have a serious reading comprehension problem. I haven’t changed one bit my estimate of the UA crowd- between 4,000 and 5000 of the fans there today will be UA fans

As for Siena playing a weakling like Bryant college or if they play Cornell and get 7700 what revenue Siena makes is quite frankly none of your business. You should be concerned what UA makes on the game. And once again Bob if you have any pull at all check with your athletic dept What do you guys think McElroy is a fool ? He is going to negotiate a deal in UA’s best interest.

Tony, I disagree with your guestimate....if we can get 4600 into the building for the BPG...I'd bet my left nut that we get substantially more into the TUC. I'd guess around 5500-6K.

Good day.

Hope that helps

Hey Tony, not to get in the middle of your pissing contest, but wouldn't your "4 points of wisdom" hold true for $iena concerning this game as well?

Not pissing at all... Only Bob is doing that :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with your statement at all 4 apply to Siena as well ( I'm not sure on point one..but for the sake of argument I'll agree )

Good day

Tony, I disagree with your guestimate....if we can get 4600 into the building for the BPG...I'd bet my left nut that we get substantially more into the TUC. I'd guess around 5500-6K.

So what you're saying is this game is by far the biggest "home" draw for UA all year- do I have that correct?

Good day

So what you're saying is this game is by far the biggest "home" draw for UA all year- do I have that correct?

It's not a home game thus it's not a "home" draw....I have no problem admitting that this game gets the most UA fans to come out. Just like this is one of the bigger games when it comes to the number of c-n-uh fans attending.

Do you disagree with my guesstimate?

Archived