UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Same Old Crumby Siena Seats

Bob better check with your administration- you’re numbers are WRONG. I can’t remember the exact number but it was either 2100 or 2200 tickets UA received for this game.
1) UA makes more $$$ on this game than any other home game of the season

Again incorrect on the UA makes more money from the siena game even using your numbers if they are accurate.

Bob I believe you have a serious reading comprehension problem. I haven’t changed one bit my estimate of the UA crowd- between 4,000 and 5000 of the fans there today will be UA fans

As for Siena playing a weakling like Bryant college or if they play Cornell and get 7700 what revenue Siena makes is quite frankly none of your business.

Again you with the reading comprehensive problem. I don't care what deal LCC makes with NJIT except as an example of how it pertains to all other deals in particular Albany's.

And lets go with your numbers. You still don't see a problem with only Siena profiting on 2,100 to 2,900 Albany tickets.

What do you guys think McElroy is a fool ? He is going to negotiate a deal in UA’s best interest.

Never said that. I have disagreed with the structure of this deal as reported in the papers and that has not changed, but I have said obviously Dr McElroy has reason to continue this deal. Why if you are really smarter than I think you are do you have such a problem understanding this?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't disagree with your statement at all 4 apply to Siena as well ( I'm not sure on point one..but for the sake of argument I'll agree )

How could you not be sure on point 1. By your own admission Siena has only provided Albany with 2,200 tickets this year and it was less previously. I would also think you know Siena charges more for this game than most games. How could this not be siena biggest $ home game of the season when they are not even going to attempt to sell within 2200 seats of the attendance to this game at any other home game this season.

And you wonder why I question your intelligence over and over.

Again you with the reading comprehensive problem. I don't care what deal LCC makes with NJIT except as an example of how it pertains to all other deals in particular Albany's.

And lets go with your numbers. You still don't see a problem with only Siena profiting on 2,100 to 2,900 Albany tickets.

Bob do you an ounce of common sense or reasoning ability? Who do you think pays the rent for the TUC? Who pays for the increased security, increased clean up costs? Do you have any idea what the taxpayers of Albany County make on this game? As for sponsorship of this game- how many tickets did your athletic dep’t give away to “smooze” sponsors and boosters. You’re main concern as an Albany fan is how much does UA make on this event. 2200 tickets x 15 bucks a pop – you do the math. And that doesn’t include the good will that UA gets by having those “in demand tickets” for high profile boosters and sponsors. Bob you are so pig headed you can’t see the forest through the trees. You guys are so concerned at what Siena is making- and I can tell you it’s not the windfall most of you expect. That you can’t see all the good points from a UA perspective ( and yes there are plenty of good things from a Siena perspective also) I can’t imagine what you guys think of McElroy for negotiating such a terrible deal. Instead of making all these incorrect assumptions, why not ask your athletic dep’t about the deal and if it’s in the best interest of UA basketball

I don't disagree with your statement at all 4 apply to Siena as well ( I'm not sure on point one..but for the sake of argument I'll agree )

How could you not be sure on point 1. By your own admission Siena has only provided Albany with 2,200 tickets this year and it was less previously. I would also think you know Siena charges more for this game than most games. How could this not be siena biggest $ home game of the season when they are not even going to attempt to sell within 2200 seats of the attendance to this game at any other home game this season.

And you wonder why I question your intelligence over and over.

Bob what does it cost Siena to "host' the game- you don't know do you?

Bob what is Albany County's take on the game- don't know do you?

Since you don’t know these key facts how can you possibly draw conclusions? You sound like a retard

Here is what you need to know- it doesn't cost UA anything for the game (other than the cost of the bus down to the TUC) 2200 tickets x 15 bucks a ticket = 33K UA makes a bundle on this game. The money and the publicity is why your AD signed this contract. Far more than UA gets in any other home game of the year

Only 1500 seats remain...NOW PROJECTED A SELLOUT...per a TU comment on one of the blog entries. WOW!

If that poster is correct- there goes any of the haters ( on both sides) view that the game shouldn’t be played. The TUC will be rockin tonight

Albany should not play the game because they have been cursed to never win against $iena. It's a waste of our time and a needless loss for us until we start recruiting against them and taking their players. They know how to beat us like no other team does, why subject ourselves to the torture.

Give me 25 good reasons why we should play $iena when we LOSE every year? I want us to hire McCaffery ASAP...he at least can win a postseason game.

Archived