UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saturday's Opponent

Tony-- I am not getting into it with you, but I would respect you a great deal more if you would just finally own up to what many of us who worked for the TUC (or predecessors) and current employees know: THAT NUMBER IS SKEWED BY MANDATORY SEAT SALES FOR BOX HOLDERS...PERIOD.

Now let's just sell this f'in thing out...get it on TV and help both schools. In the end....we are both mid-majors who are subject to the cyclical nature of such.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bob if you’re gonna quote me quote me correctly I said Siena was avg over 7k this year- as for you guys and your skewed counting.. Well if you don’t count the UA game or the MAAC tournament games ( all of which were over 7000) .. Or premier Non conference games Siena is avg this or that- you guys are reaching,. Here are some facts for you… Siena is avg over 7 K though 2 games. Siena avg 6,471 over 17 home dates last year. And why are you guys so focused on Siena’s attendance? Any way you slice it Siena has some of the best ( if not the best) attendance of any mid major on the east coast.

You guys focus on Siena’s outstanding attendance and ignore the facts of this game. Siena and UA kids are going to get to play in front of a huge crowd in a rivalry game- if there is a better attended rivalry game in all mid major land I don’t know about it.

Tony

It is well documented you said nothing about average for this season. Your quote is "Slight correction- you mean the 7,000 Siena normally gets" To me that is straight forward in meaning. That means at the very least more times than not. In a 5 game stretch if you have 4 crowds of 6,000 and 1 crowd of 11,000, the average is 7,000 the normal crowd is 6,000.

If you are implying that the 2 games this season sets a new normal, I don't think so. Siena got top 25 votes in 2 polls this season and that is not normal. I will give you that Siena is much more likely to get a crowd of 7,000 again before they get another top 25 vote, but I would certainly need to see either on a consistent basis before I consider either one normal.

Others have already pointed out why the Albany game and the maac tourney would be excluded here.

[..Siena’s last 7 games at the TUC have drawn between 6,400 and 9,279. with 4 of those games well over 7000.

No Siena's last 7 games including the 2 this season had a total of 45,172 an average of 6453. low of 5013. high of 7575. 2 crowds out of 7 over 7000.

The maac tournament may be in siena's arena, but they are not Siena games and most of those announced crowds include 2 or more games with 4 teams fans who may or may not stay for both games. Also included is the all session passes even if they went home with their team. Now granted I am sure the majority of the fans in the building were Siena fans, but including the tournament games completely as a Siena crowd is not accurate.

Now I am not saying siena doesn't have a decent attendance, but this is the wrong place to go with overstated Siena propanda.

It will be corrected.

As far as I know Siena still plans on having the garbage bags over the seats this season at all Siena games except the Albany game. That should tell you all you need to know about the crowd and astrosphere in your normal Siena game.

I for one don't care what $iena draws.

To me they draw alot of fans and have developed that fan base over decades, good for them.

To me they still don't usually have that real collegiate atmosphere playing in the cavernous pit called the TUC, thats their choice. The one thing for sure is that a UA/$iena game give the TUC a truer colegiate atmosphere.

I was always told "figures lie and liars figure"

D96- I’m trying not to get “into” it with anyone. As per the boxes- please look at the name on the boxes Saturday and then look at who Siena’s corporate sponsors are. You might change your mind on the boxes. The boxes are full just about every Siena home game

For Bob to say well you can’t count Siena’s MAAC tournament games- please other than Marist you’re lucky to get 100 fans per MAAC school. When Siena put 9,279 fans in the seats for the MAAC championship about 9,000 of those fans were Siena fans. As for Bob’s skipping certain games- no matter how Bob SPINS THE FACTS go to the NCAA site and you’ll see Siena attendance at almost 6500 last year- and with Siena season ticket sales way up this year very good chance to avg 7K or better. Hey Bob where did Siena get 7,500 fans two weeks ago for an Ivy League school? Didn’t UA get 2500 for an Ivy League school last week? Hmm looks like Siena got 3 times the attendance of UA for a similar opponent. Where are those 8k fans UoFalbany claims to have? Funny how they only show up for Siena. Those same 8k abandoned UA for the Bryant game -1900 for a D1 game- must have been a wonderful atmosphere for that game. Given the fact Siena double ups Albany in attendance you guys have a lot of balls even bringing up attendance.

You guys can spin all you want- the fact is Siena has one the largest fan base of any mid major on the east coast. I’m really not sure why you guys have this ‘attendance envy ‘ of Siena- UA draws well and will bring a good number of fans to the game Saturday. But don’t try and make it like UA draws anywhere near Siena- the numbers just don’t back you up in any way shape or form ( well unless you drop Siena’s top 5 or 6 games a year then avg attendance then its only 50% more)

I’m done talking about Siena’s attendance Bob and UoFalbany can spin all they want . Why not talk about the game- or your players or the great atmosphere for a college game we will have Saturday

Reading comprehension - who said 8,000 for Albany? I said half or more of the INCREASE - from your 6K to 14, that means Albany bring 4-5K . But what do we know, we don't know D-I basketball because we don't acknowledge the massive superiority of the almighty MAAC, a conference so good it's done something America East hasn't yet - gotten multiple times into the PIG.

Siena Tony

I don't really care where siena gets their fans and the number is what it is. The problem I have is when someone comes here and overstates that number which you still need to do.

When or if the ncaa site is updated you will see siena averaged 6,162 last season and those in the know it was inflated by an outlier of 13,262 for the UA game making the true average 5615.

It is what it is. It is not "the 7,000 Siena normally gets" Siena Tony.

Watched tonight Loyola v c-N-UH game on channelsurfing. Again, was not really impressed....they were lucky to get out of there with a win. Going back to the FT's they shot 60%. Is it still the legs when they haven't played since Sunday morning?

Loyola plays great free throw defense. They held Stephen Curry scoreless from the line when they played them.

D96- I’m trying not to get “into” it with anyone. As per the boxes- please look at the name on the boxes Saturday and then look at who Siena’s corporate sponsors are. You might change your mind on the boxes. The boxes are full just about every Siena home game

For Bob to say well you can’t count Siena’s MAAC tournament games- please other than Marist you’re lucky to get 100 fans per MAAC school. When Siena put 9,279 fans in the seats for the MAAC championship about 9,000 of those fans were Siena fans. As for Bob’s skipping certain games- no matter how Bob SPINS THE FACTS go to the NCAA site and you’ll see Siena attendance at almost 6500 last year- and with Siena season ticket sales way up this year very good chance to avg 7K or better. Hey Bob where did Siena get 7,500 fans two weeks ago for an Ivy League school? Didn’t UA get 2500 for an Ivy League school last week? Hmm looks like Siena got 3 times the attendance of UA for a similar opponent. Where are those 8k fans UoFalbany claims to have? Funny how they only show up for Siena. Those same 8k abandoned UA for the Bryant game -1900 for a D1 game- must have been a wonderful atmosphere for that game. Given the fact Siena double ups Albany in attendance you guys have a lot of balls even bringing up attendance.

You guys can spin all you want- the fact is Siena has one the largest fan base of any mid major on the east coast. I’m really not sure why you guys have this ‘attendance envy ‘ of Siena- UA draws well and will bring a good number of fans to the game Saturday. But don’t try and make it like UA draws anywhere near Siena- the numbers just don’t back you up in any way shape or form ( well unless you drop Siena’s top 5 or 6 games a year then avg attendance then its only 50% more)

I’m done talking about Siena’s attendance Bob and UoFalbany can spin all they want . Why not talk about the game- or your players or the great atmosphere for a college game we will have Saturday

You keep saying your done with the attendance, but keep opening the trap.

Zip it already. Save the skewing for some maac team's fan board.

Do you think it's possible for the Aints to get a 2nd victory over UAlbany in the last 2008 game?

Or do you think UAlbany hits the 10-1 mark?

UAlbany 18 Siena 8 - Women's Lacrosse: March 3, 2008

UAlbany 3 Siena 2 - Women's Softball: March 27, 2008

UAlbany 2 Siena 1 - Women's Softball: March 27, 2008

UAlbany 13 Siena 6 - Men's Lacrosse: April 2, 2008

UAlbany 6 Siena 1 - Women's Tennis: April 16, 2008

UAlbany 7 Siena 3 - Women's Softball: April 29, 2008

Siena 4 UAlbany 0 – Women’s Soccer: Sept 7, 2008

UAlbany 3 Siena 0 – Men’s Soccer: Sept 21, 2008

UAlbany 5 Siena 0 – Field Hockey: October 7, 2008

UAlbany 3 Siena 0 – Volleyball: October 15, 2008

UAlbany Siena – Men’s Basketball: December 6, 2008

Reading comprehension - who said 8,000 for Albany? I said half or more of the INCREASE - from your 6K to 14, that means Albany bring 4-5K . But what do we know, we don't know D-I basketball because we don't acknowledge the massive superiority of the almighty MAAC, a conference so good it's done something America East hasn't yet - gotten multiple times into the PIG.

Excuse me when uofAlbany said

“when WE (UAlbany) bring the extra 8k people into the arena”

I thought he meant UA brings 8k We all know that’s B/S just looking at UA’s attendance in the last year UA attendance has had 7 games under 2500, in fact two of those games were under 2000. Talk about a lousy atmosphere. Must stink with 2000 in a 4500 seat ‘gym” The only games over 4000 were your season opener last season and the big purple growl and well since you guys like to throw games out- we can throw that game out because it’s a promotion. I agree with your UA brings 4 or 5K figure ( 5 is probably on the high side since UA seldom gets over 4K for any game) So the Siena cup game is probably UA's best “home crowd” of the year. I’m actually surprised the pre game ticket sales are so high- given the fact that UA’s attendance is dropping like a rock ( only avg 2500 through 3 dates this year) and given the fact Siena’s attendance is rising most of the increased sales have to be Siena fans… so yes thanks for clearing that up.

Siena Tony - Why do you even care what we think over here?????

Are you insecure????

Or do you post here to insight????

To you, UA must be significant - because your here to argue.

$iena chooses to play in a half empty, half covered by tarps TUC with its built in geriatric ward.

UA chooses to play on campus in a more then half full SEFCU Arena.

Each to their own, who really cares - we like our Danes and you like your $aints - so be it!!!!

Why don't you just stop the nah nah nah my dad id tougher then your dad attitude and be man enough to stay away from our board. Of course you are a Big Guy so you can choose to do what's best for you.

Excuse me when uofAlbany said

“when WE (UAlbany) bring the extra 8k people into the arena”

I thought he meant UA brings 8k We all know that’s B/S just looking at UA’s attendance in the last year UA attendance has had 7 games under 2500, in fact two of those games were under 2000. Talk about a lousy atmosphere. Must stink with 2000 in a 4500 seat ‘gym” The only games over 4000 were your season opener last season and the big purple growl and well since you guys like to throw games out- we can throw that game out because it’s a promotion. I agree with your UA brings 4 or 5K figure ( 5 is probably on the high side since UA seldom gets over 4K for any game) So the Siena cup game is probably UA's best “home crowd” of the year. I’m actually surprised the pre game ticket sales are so high- given the fact that UA’s attendance is dropping like a rock ( only avg 2500 through 3 dates this year) and given the fact Siena’s attendance is rising most of the increased sales have to be Siena fans… so yes thanks for clearing that up.

Tony

I know it is hard for you, but try thinking for a change before you post.

1) For siena game after Albany I can get 10 seats in section 122. (The most the ticketing system would take) Not that I would buy them. That is a better seat than I have ever got for the Albany game.

2) Best available for Saturdays game is section 226 for 2 seats, a section Siena normally doesn't sell. You don't even have an option to buy lower level seats for that game. The Albany allotment is sold out.

This is the Super bowl for Siena. They don't have a lot else going on.

And yes a lot of of UA Alumni who make only 1 or 2 trips a year come back for this game or Big Purple growl.

But you are surprised at the ticket sales. Go figure.

Here's something I was wondering about.......Do coaches show this game to the kids they are recruiting or do any kids come out and see the game? Wouldn't this be a fairly big recruiting advantage to say that this rivalry exists and that 14K will be there to see it and you can have a chance to participate?

Archived