UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ c-N-UH

Guys, another good one. Ugly by both clubs, but a good game. Love your toughness - as a Siena fan, I'm envious of it.

Ambrose absolutely humbled Hasbrouck on both ends of the court. You guys have some players and some athleticism that Brown could probably play a different style which would get you guys some easier opportunities on offense.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to c-n-uh...so close and walk away with the L again. I applaud the well played game. They are a good team but they are not 30 points better.

We will break through....they were supposed to be the much superior team but yet again, we did bend but we never broke. I'm sure I'll have more to say once I digest this a little more but I wanted to tip my hat to c-n-uh in this post.

Another good game, to bad we couldn't pull it out. I have to question the attendence though. They annoounced 13,200 but if that place holds 16500, I sure didn't see 3000 empty seats. I also just heard on channel 9 newscast that the attendence was 15k, so who knows.

I don't think Ubiles should wait until next year. Just go to the NBA now and get out of our hair.

I thought Brian Connelly played his heart out tonight. Without him that first half would have been ugly or uglier than it was.

Just once this year I'd like to see Will Harris get the ball under the rim, gather himself and dunk it instead of laying it in.

By the way, Billy Allen (or is it Bill now?) doesn't shoot from three point land or downtown. He shoots from Allentown. Anyway, with his two threes we were 1-12. Crikey.

Will Brown said he wants to play one of these games at Sefcu Arena. I disagreed with him when he said it but after tonight I completely agree. We should have home court in one of these. I don't see how it will happen but I'm with him.

After tonight, I'm glad to say I think we're real close.

We are both talented teams now. We did beat you in the 2nd half. Next year should be REAL interesting. It just may be our year.

Anyways, I sat in the front row of the upper level... My wife and I had siena fans all behind us, but at least we had another UAlbany couple right next to us. I gotta get seats from the UAlbany box office next year and sit with ONLY UA fans, I waited toooooo long.

I loved the intensity in the 2nd half... We turned on the burners quite a bit more than the 1st half. Loved the confidence that surfaced! Another year of starting out slightly hesitant, but pleased with the Follow Through in the 2nd half.

Seemed like a very good UAlbany fan turnout.... maybe the best yet.

c-n-uh fans (gorvy and the other tools on their board) must feel like fools with all of the we'll blow them out by 20 or 30 talk. No matter I suspect tomorrow (or perhaps even this evening) well hear how we suck...how our conference sucks and how c-n-uh will blow us out by 30 next season.

I feel really good about the direction this years team and this program is going. This is probably the most talented c-n-uh team we've ever played and again we pushed them to the limit.

I honestly believe that if this game were to be played at alternating sites....we'd have at least a couple of wins. There is a familiarity that they have with the dimensions/perception of the arena etc. For a guy who's never shot a 3 in that arena, it's gotta be way different then someone who constantly plays there. There is an inherent advantage that they have playing on their home court that we simply do not. Do we get to ever practice there before the game or at least a couple of shoot-around's?

EDIT: There is a reason a road win is weighed more heavily then a home win....the home team has an inherent advantage.

A couple of other observations....

- We took c-n-uh to the woodshed in the rebounding dept. outrebounded them by 18.

- I know we turned the ball over 17 times but I thought we handled the press much better then we did last year, and I thought we made major strides in this area from what I saw in the Penn game. We looked scared and clueless, not so in this one. Even though we turned it over 2 times on a 10sec I thought were were fairly comfortable with their press.

- There was a Billy Allen sighting, he banged a couple of really big three's for us, it was nice to see. I know Louis is supposed to be a dead eye shooter but I'm just not seeing it.

- 7 guys have never played in this game...all things considered, we did OK with the crowd. Brian was the man, especially early on. He looked very comfortable out there, he looked and played like he's been through the war before.

A gritty effort from the Danes tonight. Connolly came to play tonight, and it was good to see him hit some shots and play hard on both ends of the floor. Raffa is going to be fun to watch the next four years. Raffa and Clarence Jackson were the two best players in South Jersey two years ago. Jackson got more of the accolades, but I think Raffa will be the more complete college player. He handled the press well and showed alot of moxie for a first year player in front of a big crowd.

Great to see UA dominate the boards (46-27) but ultimately you have to make shots and we didn't make enough. Some credit has to go to the Siena defense. Nothing was easy for UA on the offensive end.

Allen was a bright spot, coming in ready to contribute after spending the first 30 minutes on the bench. Like Raffa, he seemed comfortable on the big stage. Hopefully, we'll see more of him as the season moves along.

All in all, a tough loss to a very talented and experienced Siena team. UA squad shows alot of promise, and should get better by conference play time.

c-n-uh fans (gorvy and the other tools on their board) must feel like fools with all of the we'll blow them out by 20 or 30 talk. No matter I suspect tomorrow (or perhaps even this evening) well hear how we suck...how our conference sucks and how c-n-uh will blow us out by 30 next season.

I feel really good about the direction this years team and this program is going. This is probably the most talented c-n-uh team we've ever played and again we pushed them to the limit.

I honestly believe that if this game were to be played at alternating sites....we'd have at least a couple of wins. There is a familiarity that they have with the dimensions/perception of the arena etc. For a guy who's never shot a 3 in that arena, it's gotta be way different then someone who constantly plays there. There is an inherent advantage that they have playing on their home court that we simply do not. Do we get to ever practice there before the game or at least a couple of shoot-around's?

EDIT: There is a reason a road win is weighed more heavily then a home win....the home team has an inherent advantage.

which is pretty similar to what we will have to hear for the next year in how SUNY was able to keep it close.

The advantage you speak of isnt nearly as big as you are hinting at. Every SUNY fan including students is able to attend this game (unlike any other "road" game on your schedule). SUNY has played against other teams in the TUC. Siena actually practices on campus so to practice and shoot all week in one place and then play your games at another isnt necessarily an advantage.

Siena had Franklin playing the worst game of his career and not much else inside after Rossiter went down to injury. Would have been nice to not have to dick around with the lineups the second half to accomodate the interior injuries of Rossiter, Duell and Magee.

just an fyi... the belief is that Siena's team next year will be better and deeper than this year. Hasbrouck is a great player but he is also the last of Fran's first recruiting class (which was done at the last minute in the late signing period). The current Juniors were Fran's first full recruiting class. I think he will finally have a balanced roster for once... with legitimate backups at all 5 positions.

One thing i really find impressive about SUNY teams is they never seem to let up. That is one trait that I wish some of the Saints would learn. Siena does have a habbit of getting up big against teams and then throwing on cruise control. If Kenny hits a couple of his open shots (most were open) the game winds up double figures easily... but hes been shooting poorly since they went to FL. Hopefully the coming break will be time enough for him and others to address the poor shooting and poor FT shooting... which if Siena had shot those respectably would have also kept it to double figures.

props to Brown for turning it into a FT shooting contest in the second half which allowed UA to take advantage of the one place the Saints were shooting poorly.

Congrats to c-n-uh...so close and walk away with the L again. I applaud the well played game. They are a good team but they are not 30 points better.

We will break through....they were supposed to be the much superior team but yet again, we did bend but we never broke. I'm sure I'll have more to say once I digest this a little more but I wanted to tip my hat to c-n-uh in this post.

We will never break through against $iena. Not until we start fighting them for recruits and take their coach. What kept us from going after their recruits in the past. Imagine how great we'd be with a Hasbrouck or a Ubilies...we'd have demolished $iena.

I feel ashamed to be a Great Dane...where can I trade in my UA degree for a $iena degree since they know how to beat us.

Either Fire Brown for McCaffery when his contract is up, or end the rivalery. This game is useless unless we start treating $iena like Army treats Navy and being fierce.

We will never break through against $iena. Not until we start fighting them for recruits and take their coach. What kept us from going after their recruits in the past. Imagine how great we'd be with a Hasbrouck or a Ubilies...we'd have demolished $iena.

I feel ashamed to be a Great Dane...where can I trade in my UA degree for a $iena degree since they know how to beat us.

Either Fire Brown for McCaffery when his contract is up, or end the rivalery. This game is useless unless we start treating $iena like Army treats Navy and being fierce.

In order to trade degrees just find a Siena grad that doesn't live in the immediate Albany area and just ask. I'm sure they would be more than happy to trade you.

:wacko:

Archived