UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ c-N-UH

[

More excuses… On the road- did UA have its home uniforms on? What other “road” game does Albany wear its home uniform? Was the game 10 minutes from UA campus? Did UA have 4 or 5000 fans there? You guys keep telling yourself its a road game if it makes you sleep better at night.

Tony,

Have to disagree with you here. When 2/3 of the crowd, and 90 % of the people near the court, are routing against you, it's not a home game. Color of the uniform doesn't mean much. Obviously, travel is not an issue, just like it's not an issue for Cincinnati to travel to Xavier, or URI to travel to Providence, or St. Joe's to travel to Temple, etc. There are home games and road games, and the difference is easy to see.

URI lost to PC by 1 last night. The game was played at the Dunkin Donuts Center, which is the TUC equivalent in Providence (big downtown municipally owned arena) . PC plays all of their home games there, because their on campus facility is not adequate for a Big East program. I'm sure there were lots of URI fans at the game(attendance 12,600), but no one would claim it was a "neutral site" game for URI.

Next year the game will be played at the smaller on campus facility at URI. That is the "normal" rotation with local rivals. So going forward, Siena and UA should alternate playing at their home sites. 13,000+ at the TUC... Good payday for Siena, as they would keep all the gate$. The next year, the game would be played at SEFCU, with all gate money to UA. The game at UA would sell out, so put it on Time Warner for those without a ticket. Seems like the fairest way to go at this point.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta be honest...I myself am starting to come around to the idea. I've long held the opinion that we need to play this at the TUC but my opinion is changing. In the year that the game is not in the TUC c-n-uh can get an additional home game and keep the entire gate.

What does c-n-uh lose by not playing us ever year at the TUC, they can get another opponent and not have to split anything with us.

I didn't hear that, but I agree it is classless. I'd like to think our students could be more clever than that. It was a good game, we came up short, congrats to Siena. Hoping for a different result next year, now lets get after the rest of the OOC and AE. If we were in the MAAC, we'd get another bite of that apple, but we're in the AE, so that's what we've got to concentrate on.

BTW...I found the F-Siena chants by our crowd completely classless and obscene. I wish we could have gone without it........I thought it would have been much better if we showed our support for our team by belting out another round of UA...UAUAUAAAAAA...UAAAA...UAAA

I couldn't hear the Siena chants.. could I ask what they were?

BTW...I found the F-Siena chants by our crowd completely classless and obscene. I wish we could have gone without it........I thought it would have been much better if we showed our support for our team by belting out another round of UA...UAUAUAAAAAA...UAAAA...UAAA

I couldn't either but the F-Siena chants came on the heels of the Siena students chanting. Anyone else find it interesting that at one point in the second half the foul discrepancy was 7 or 8 to 2 in favor of Siena. I'm not crying foul because I honestly was to far away to make a determination on any of the calls but it made me raise an eyebrow.

I was sitting in the student section, and I was not taking part in those cheers because I agree with the fact that they are dumb, unoriginal and that we could be expressing ourselves in a much better way (like you said, UA UA UAAA would have been nice). Everyone in our section was pretty upset though with the officiating a majority of the night (way too many ticky tacky fouls being called on us IMO)

I couldn't either but the F-Siena chants came on the heels of the Siena students chanting. Anyone else find it interesting that at one point in the second half the foul discrepancy was 7 or 8 to 2 in favor of Siena. I'm not crying foul because I honestly was to far away to make a determination on any of the calls but it made me raise an eyebrow.

I wasn't going to comment on that, but it was painful to see how many ticky tack fouls were being made against UAlbany. But, of course, it was plain to see. And the few that were made against siena, were so obvious they had to call them.

The whole game / event / chirade is meant to favor siena though..... even the contract (which is basically an agreement by UA to accept the atrocious terms)

After this round, I feel less excited about this game. Even if we won, there's something about this whole thing that doesn't sit right. Even if we continued the struggle with these game, but had a level playing field / contract / feel to this whole thing.... it would feel more wholesome. I think the catering that is done for $iena is starting to create a stench.

Before this threads spirals into 'the refs gave Siena the game'....I am not complaining about the calls nor am I making excuses. I simply was to far away to actually see if something was a foul/carry/travel or not. I was simply saying that I raised an eyebrow when it went 7-2 or 8-2 (can't exactly remember which it was).

The one call which really irritated me was the palming call on Mike Johnson with just under four minutes left and a five point deficit. Even the Times Union's Tim Wilken questioned it in his timeline this morning.

Good recollection..... that call was absolutely ridiculous. That's an interpretation call, and in a game like this, should never have been called.

The one call which really irritated me was the palming call on Mike Johnson with just under four minutes left and a five point deficit. Even the Times Union's Tim Wilken questioned it in his timeline this morning.

Good recollection..... that call was absolutely ridiculous. That's an interpretation call, and in a game like this, should never have been called.

It was a good call ... Johnson "palmed" the ball to get an advantage on the drive. As Will Brown said in the post game, he went outside the offense to try and make a move to the basket when he probably shouldn't have.

It was a good call ... Johnson "palmed" the ball to get an advantage on the drive. As Will Brown said in the post game, he went outside the offense to try and make a move to the basket when he probably shouldn't have.

I was watching online and thought that was the turning point of the game. I do not think it was a palm. The Siena announcers didn't seem to think so either.

I'm not sure if it was the new contract or not but these were the best seats I've had for the series. They were about were Bosi took his picture, I was over in the corner a little more.

My recollection of the palming call was that Johnson wasn't making a move. I thought he was just dribbling out between the halfcourt line and the three point line. As biased as I am I can't say if the call was correct. I don't think anyone here is saying it lost us the game but it probably kept the game from being more interesting than it was.

To me the thing that lost us this game was inexperience and poor decision making (on our part, not the officials.) I saw it at Villanova as well as during our win streak. I think they've been covered up over our five game win streak because we've been the quicker, more talented team. When matched up against a team that's just as quick or quicker with the experience Siena has from playing together so long - those blemishes become apparent. You can't keep dribbling into double teams and turning the ball over or go into the lane with no idea where to go with the ball and expect to win a game like this.

The rest of the non-conference games will help us as will that couple of week stretch after finals when they can practice more.

Archived