UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Interesting discussion going on on the Siena board....how many would agree to do a true home and home and have Siena keep ALL of the proceeds from the game at the TUC and have UA keep all of the money from the games at the SEFCU...alternate sites every year.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My recollection of the palming call was that Johnson wasn't making a move. I thought he was just dribbling out between the halfcourt line and the three point line. As biased as I am I can't say if the call was correct. I don't think anyone here is saying it lost us the game but it probably kept the game from being more interesting than it was.

I remember it a bit differently...it's not real clear in my mind thought. I thought he made a move along the baseline and that's where the call was made. I agree....it was a huge turning call of the game. We had all of the momentum at that point and we had Siena on their heels. It was a big call.....not saying it was an incorrect call but it was a big call.

Interesting discussion going on on the Siena board....how many would agree to do a true home and home and have Siena keep ALL of the proceeds from the game at the TUC and have UA keep all of the money from the games at the SEFCU...alternate sites every year.

I WOULD LOVE A HOME AND HOME SERIES, along the terms expressed above. UA could also charge more per ticket for the games at the SEFCU to make up the revenue. Students should still get in free or have their tickets sponsored for the Siena vs. (at) UAlbany.

I WOULD LOVE A HOME AND HOME SERIES, along the terms expressed above. UA could also charge more per ticket for the games at the SEFCU to make up the revenue. Students should still get in free or have their tickets sponsored for the Siena vs. (at) UAlbany.

I am of the opinion that Siena stands to lose much more financially then they are letting on.....if any other game with 7K in attendance (from which they keep all the money) was able to match the revenue from the Siena v. UA game this game would have been dropped a long time ago.

I am of the opinion that Siena stands to lose much more financially then they are letting on.....if any other game with 7K in attendance (from which they keep all the money) was able to match the revenue from the Siena v. UA game this game would have been dropped a long time ago.

I agree with you, bosiydid. Siena pays a lot of rent to have games at the TUC, and UA helps their bottom line every year. They need us.

just to clear things up ... rent is actually quite inexpensive at the TUC... the costs come in to play with added secruity and clean up. These double with a game that brings the TUC to max capacity.

Without divulging the actual numbers i can say that this game means FAR more to the county and city + establishments than it does to SUNY or Siena.

I think a home and home under the circumstances stated above by Bosiy may be acceptable to Siena and SUNY. I believe the county and city would be pissed as all hell. Think about what the county makes off of each ticket sold as well as the sales tax generated by the businesses reaping the benefits. Every other year the game would be held at SUNY with 4k capacity and that means somewhere around 9 to 10 thousand fans are out of luck and not going out to establishments. Those people will also be pissed. Im going to guess the county makes in the hundreds of thousands

I want to be clear that I do understand why SUNY fans are not happy with it. I also see why Siena giving up much else while staying at the TUC and eating the costs AND the fact that regardless of what you do with the TUC to make it a home game for SUNY it STILL COUNTS as a home game for Siena. Throw in the county and city plus establishments having a vested interest in this ... its almost a slap in the face for all of them to move it now.

you guys talk about SUNY moving up... perhaps when they build a stadium they can also find a way to add on and get close to 10k for the basketball arena... and THEN we will have something to work with.

much respect to you guys as fans... i do understand your issues... but try to understand the above issues as well.

Edited by SaintsFan
just to clear things up ... rent is actually quite inexpensive at the TUC... the costs come in to play with added secruity and clean up. These double with a game that brings the TUC to max capacity.

Without divulging the actual numbers i can say that this game means FAR more to the county and city + establishments than it does to SUNY or Siena.

I think a home and home under the circumstances stated above by Bosiy may be acceptable to Siena and SUNY. I believe the county and city would be pissed as all hell. Think about what the county makes off of each ticket sold as well as the sales tax generated by the businesses reaping the benefits. Every other year the game would be held at SUNY with 4k capacity and that means somewhere around 9 to 10 thousand fans are out of luck and not going out to establishments. Those people will also be pissed. Im going to guess the county makes in the hundreds of thousands

I want to be clear that I do understand why SUNY fans are not happy with it. I also see why Siena giving up much else while staying at the TUC and eating the costs AND the fact that regardless of what you do with the TUC to make it a home game for SUNY it STILL COUNTS as a home game for Siena. Throw in the county and city plus establishments having a vested interest in this ... its almost a slap in the face for all of them to move it now.

you guys talk about SUNY moving up... perhaps when they build a stadium they can also find a way to add on and get close to 10k for the basketball arena... and THEN we will have something to work with.

much respect to you guys as fans... i do understand your issues... but try to understand the above issues as well.

Very sensible post. :D

#1: UA students who got the $iena t-shirt girl to throw not one, not two but three t-shirts to the UA crowd only for our fans to throw them right back.

I would have enjoyed seeing that and I have done the same in the past.

Edited by bob87

Well Siena would also have to find someone who could bring 7,000 AND who would play 2 straight games at Siena instead of a home and home to actually match the Albany series.

As a fan, I have no problem with playing a home and home.

You would think tickets prices and concession prices are already set to cover these type of expenses. Sell almost twice as many tickets, you would think twice as many concessions would be sold and cleanup would be twice as much as well as twice the security would be needed. Now, I don't know the deal Siena has on concessions, but if the revenue Siena gets from concessions doesn't even cover the cleanup expenses Siena must pay, they have a very bad deal with the county.

I agree with this and this is why I think this game has continues in this format.

Good points on the county being pissed if the game is not continues. I am sure they put pressure on both sides to continue the game as is.

As a fan I do understand your issues too. It is just I get pissed when someone gives an attitude that we should just be happy with a less than fair status quo, and acts like we should be honored with an all road series against Siena like we are going to a Duke or a Kansas and denies the obvious money making on Siena's side.

You would think tickets prices and concession prices are already set to cover these type of expenses. Sell almost twice as many tickets, you would think twice as many concessions would be sold and cleanup would be twice as much as well as twice the security would be needed. Now, I don't know the deal Siena has on concessions, but if the revenue Siena gets from concessions doesn't even cover the cleanup expenses Siena must pay, they have a very bad deal with the county.

I agree with this and this is why I think this game has continues in this format.

Good points on the county being pissed if the game is not continues. I am sure they put pressure on both sides to continue the game as is.

As a fan I do understand your issues too. It is just I get pissed when someone gives an attitude that we should just be happy with a less than fair status quo, and acts like we should be honored with an all road series against Siena like we are going to a Duke or a Kansas and denies the obvious money making on Siena's side.

my belief is Siena gets ZERO of concessions

my belief is Siena gets ZERO of concessions

Thanks for your input and it certainly is an interesting arrangement if they have to pay to clean up the beer cups, hot dog wrappers etc while not making money on it. But if as you say rent is cheap it is probably because the county needs games in the arena to make their money on the beers and hot dogs, etc.

But that being said, Siena obviously makes more money on this series with the attendance and ticket sales they have than on a typical home and home that they sign with any other opponent. The incremental cleanup and security costs are not so high that Siena is going to turn away anyone paying the $10 or whatever they charge for even the cheapest seats

Anyone that still try's to convince me otherwise without hard facts just has no common sense with numbers.

Excellent post. I would also add that Siena could live without the game against UA because although there is revenue from this game, Siena surely has a nice chunk of change with its endowment, so I have never perceived Siena to be in any kind of fiscal crisis whatsoever. In fact, the way things are right now, Siena is probably in a better fiscal position than UAlbany, but I'm just speculating from the hip. In fact, I thought Siena's endowment was 10 times the size of many SUNY schools, and valued over 100 million? Am I correct? I could have swore that was the figure that I heard not too long ago.

Edited by UA_MA_2000