UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ c-N-UH

my belief is Siena gets ZERO of concessions

Thanks for your input and it certainly is an interesting arrangement if they have to pay to clean up the beer cups, hot dog wrappers etc while not making money on it. But if as you say rent is cheap it is probably because the county needs games in the arena to make their money on the beers and hot dogs, etc.

But that being said, Siena obviously makes more money on this series with the attendance and ticket sales they have than on a typical home and home that they sign with any other opponent. The incremental cleanup and security costs are not so high that Siena is going to turn away anyone paying the $10 or whatever they charge for even the cheapest seats

Anyone that still try's to convince me otherwise without hard facts just has no common sense with numbers.

bob Siena may make more than the average game .. but not much more ... and this is why you arent seeing any big sway in the agreement. Again.. without divulging the actual breakdown I can only let you know that it isnt nearly what you would think. its similar to if not slightly higher than a "normal" home game to Siena. The benefits are... you dont need to search for an opponent each season. You dont really have to advertise as the event is selling itself. It creates brand recognition locally. The arena seating was reduced to what it is for a reason... and that was to trim the costs of staffing the entire arena for home games. The current deal with the pepsi in no way shape or form really promotes Siena pushing hard for attendance over 6500 or so. Again... not divulging the numbers ... this is what it is. I dont really like it ... but then again im not the one making the decisions.

the county and city make out like bandits. SUNY gets the equivalent roughly of a gurantee game along with brand recognition etc. Siena gets the monitary equivalent of a slightly above average attended game and brand recognition. Both teams get the ease of scheduling a known opponent without travel expenses

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived