UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get offended at the Hayseed comments... its what people who have nothing else to fall back on resort to.

I also wont get on Bosiy too much about his misunderstanding of the useage... hes foreign

when i think of what bosiy must be like im reminded of coming to america and eddy murphy chearing at half time and describing a "most gripping victory"

Well played!

WaitingforBoat.jpg

Edited by bosiydid
Franklin is better than any 3, 4 or 5 on your roster

Better than W. Harris????!

yes ... now which one of you clowns is gonna step up and deny that

Hey...comeon man....why you gotta get personal like that. Just because we have differing opinions doesn't make us clowns!

some of you are over there as well... get over it patch... like every good team.. Siena AND SUNY see this as THE MOST IMPORTANT Game on their schedule right now... and why???? because its the NEXT game on the schedule. One game at a time.

and besides... i actually consider some of you SUNY fans "friends" ... bosiy being one of them. So its fun to go back and forth.

It's amazing how concerned $iena fans are about UA.

If we're so insignificant and non-threatening why do you $iena fools post on our site!!!!!

Don't you have your own board to spout your propaganda on??????

I have to say, the picture on top of this site still cracks me up everytime I see it. Well done by who ever is handy at photo shop.

It's amazing how concerned $iena fans are about UA.

If we're so insignificant and non-threatening why do you $iena fools post on our site!!!!!

Don't you have your own board to spout your propaganda on??????

I have to say, the picture on top of this site still cracks me up everytime I see it. Well done by who ever is handy at photo shop.

That's actually really funny. I never noticed it until now and even then I had to look really closely at it.....good work!

some of you are over there as well... get over it patch... like every good team.. Siena AND SUNY see this as THE MOST IMPORTANT Game on their schedule right now... and why???? because its the NEXT game on the schedule. One game at a time.

and besides... i actually consider some of you SUNY fans "friends" ... bosiy being one of them. So its fun to go back and forth.

Agreed! :)

For one game a year, we can fight like hell, but we're still all (most of us) "Albanians."

I happen to agree with you on some of this post....until we win we shouldn't expect an OUNCE of respect from hayseed nation.

I really don't care about respect from those idiots. I much rather beat them by 3 and get no respect from them than lose by 3 or 4 again and get respect for taking a top 25 team toe to toe.

As anyone who know me knows, I travelled to a lot of UA basketball games and have seen Other fans respect Albany for what they have done and the fact that LCC fans don't says a lot more about them than it does about UA.

please bob, the woe is me, Siena fans don't respect our program act is getting very old.

You say you don't care what Siena fans think of UAlbany, yet nearly every single post of yours drips with hatred of Siena and it's sports programs. I could understand it this week, but year round?

Here's a hint, respect has to be earned. If you treat others with respect, they will reciprocate. If you truly don't care about Siena, stop posting about it here, on the maac boards and on the TU blog.

The bottom line is that we have to earn respect in this series, and that is done by winning. While the two schools feature very different athletic and academic profiles, basketball only requires 5 guys (and from what I hear, sometimes 4 in UAlbany's early Division I days!), so it's much easier for small schools (Siena, with about 3000 students) to achieve parity with the larger schools (UAlbany). Even 20 years from now, unless UAlbany has continued to push and grow and join the Big East or ACC, this series will continue to thrive and be close. I have no doubt that UAlbany and Siena on good nights could beat lower-ranked teams in the Big East, so I just don't think we'll ever see one team in this rivalry be so so much better, which is good!

The bottom line is that we have to earn respect in this series, and that is done by winning. While the two schools feature very different athletic and academic profiles, basketball only requires 5 guys (and from what I hear, sometimes 4 in UAlbany's early Division I days!), so it's much easier for small schools (Siena, with about 3000 students) to achieve parity with the larger schools (UAlbany). Even 20 years from now, unless UAlbany has continued to push and grow and join the Big East or ACC, this series will continue to thrive and be close. I have no doubt that UAlbany and Siena on good nights could beat lower-ranked teams in the Big East, so I just don't think we'll ever see one team in this rivalry be so so much better, which is good!

What?

UAlbany is getting ready to squash $iena's program...... like a field full of pansies getting trounced by a stampede of TOROS.

$iena b-ball is going to resemble little schoolgirls quivering in the corner when they think about UAlbany.

Edited by uofalbany

Personally, I have changed my opinion quite a bit in the last few years. I laugh a lot when I hear about Siena fans respecting others. Even if UA were to take the next 5 games (that's hypothetical and not any kind of prediction), we wouldn't receive much greater respect from Siena fans than we do now. The reason for this situation is that we are dealing with a bunch of manic/depressives.

Siena fans don't respect member schools in their conference. Just look at the frequency of condescending comments they make about their conference brethren on their site or on the MAAC site. Furthermore, they don't even like each other. Read their own bulletin board after they lose or perform below expectations. They turn violently against each other and whip up a cannibalistic frenzy. And that's because they have nothing else in life to interest them.

Who cares whether Siena fans respect us or not? The important thing is that we as UA fans see the consistent progress the men's basketball program, as well as the rest of our athletic programs, is making.