UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ Lehigh

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We let them rain three's like they were going out of style....I watched the game and many of them were WIDE open. Bad perimeter D in the second half.

Hopefully this game SITS like a rotten egg in the stomach of the team.

It's certainly making me slightly ill.

Maybe blowing a game the could have put away early, will PISS them off just enough that blowing good leads will be a thing of the past. I would be pissed for flopping like that.

We'll get there gents (and lady Dane fans out there as well). This one hurts (I too feel sick), but come March, we're going to have a great shot at running that table in the Conference Tournament and this will be a distant memory. Stay the course, maintain support, and cheer extra loud when we host Canisius. We owe them some payback from last year.

I am upset mostly because I know we're better than this. In the end, that's all we want. We want these guys to play up to their potential, enjoy this amazing experience that they get to go through (and one that we try to vicariously experience, sort of), and give 110% focus and effort. I get upset when a Ubiles gets an untouched weakside offensive rebound because no one remebered to put a body on his scrawny frame. I get ticked when Lehigh gets 3-4 chances on that last basket to grab offensive boards to give themselves the chance to win. Gotta remember to focus and get a body on every single guy out there. :(

No reason to blame the refs....we had the game in hand with TWO one and one opportunities my Mike and Will and both were misses. WE BLEW THE GAME!

The biggest reason for this loss was terrible perimeter D in the second half. They were getting wide open 3's from about the 12 minute mark on. A good number of the open threes came on bad coverage of the screen.

I'm not blaming the refs. I was just mentioning that the radio guys and Will Brown mentioned that call several time. I didn't see it so that it was interesting. Bottom line is you have to hit free throws. I know it should have never gotten to that point but once it did you have to make free throws and win games.

I'm slightly curious on why we had to schedule a game on Monday, following the $iena game..

It would have been nice on Tuesday or Wednesday. We didn't have a chance to get a breather.

Well, at least it really has no affect on conference play and our chances in the AE tournament.

But, good point, our focus should have better, regardless of only a days rest.

You might miss less classes this way. They travelled down on Sunday this way instead of going down midweek. Just a guess.

I think we all knew going into the season that we were going to lose games we should have won. The still doesn't make watching/listening to this any easier.

The good after a tough loss....

- We once again out rebounded our opponent, in this case by 8 boards. Lehigh is a very good rebounding team.....this bodes well for us moving forward.

- There was a Will Harris sighting, he came to ball in the second half. He scored 21points and pulled down 6 boards. Not a bad line

- Only 9 TO's in this one.

This loss evokes memories of last year's lost at Canisius (except Lehigh isnt one of the worst programs in the country)...had a big lead early, and simply let the other team chip into our lead until the end. We have a good team this year, except they need to learn how to close out games.

It was nice to see Harris finally break out...hope we can get that kind of production consistantly

Good to see Tony enjoying our loss last night. He and 'aintsFan are having a hoot. Just in case anyone thought Siena fans were all for us winning our other OOC games so we can positively impact their RPI....not so I guess.

I really don't understand why you care what team Siena Tony roots for in any game.

As long as he is not here getting facts wrong, who cares.

Good to see Tony enjoying our loss last night. He and 'aintsFan are having a hoot. Just in case anyone thought Siena fans were all for us winning our other OOC games so we can positively impact their RPI....not so I guess.

I really don't understand why you care what team Siena Tony roots for in any game.

As long as here is not here getting facts wrong, who cares.

bob...I've come to the same realization.

Like the rest of you, I was sick after this loss and the way we blew the lead with poor D; and poor stand around O in the last 12 minutes and most of all missing foul shots with the game on the line; and eventually losing on an offensive rebound (especially since rebounding is the one thing we excell at).

But the effect it has on the team between now and New Years will go a long way in telling if we have the guts to win the American East. Excluding Kansas we should win ALL our remaining OOC games. If we rebound from what really was a horrendous loss and learn from that loss, I will remain hopeful of a championship. We simply cannot keep saying the only thing that matters is the tournament.

The team must start a winning attitude, with killer instinct and learn how to close out games NOW, or we will get what we got last year an early exit.

Archived