UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany @ Hartford

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our defense is not a problem right now....Coach Brown has got to do something sooner rather then later to get this offense on track. Let's face it, we've been terrible on the offensive end for most of this season. How many times have many of us sat here shaking our heads at our offensive struggles?

Looking at our offensive ineptness.....shades of last year!

Went to the game today...very dissapointing. I have all the faith in the world in Coach, but why are we not running plays designed to emphasize the skills of Ambrose and Harris? Set some picks for them to make some plays. Also, why is Barraza running point for any extended length of time? I just ain't seeing it.

I think we'd all agree that one of if not the most important position on the floor is PG spot. Unfortunately today Anthony did not deliver, he is only a freshmen and we should expect a certain amount of growing pains from him. It is what it is...he needs to play through his mistake and needs to continue to mature as a player. Sometimes I forget that we are starting a freshmen and a sophomore in the back court.....mid to low major teams live and die by their back courts. Today our very young back court struggled.

The most important question I have is...how do we get Timmy back on track? Without him we are really struggling to score.

Thanks everyone for the highlites or should I say lowlites since I was at work today and could not listen to the game. Its amazing we have won 8 games this season considering our play of late. Glad to see Will actually showed up at the arena today but Timmy with all that talent is a no-show while Brian on a bum wheel gets it done. A 10-6 conference record would have been nice for this season but after todays performance, we'll be lucky with 8-8. And I just saw that a team we sweep every year lately for an easy 2 wins, Stony Brook, just beat UMBC on the road by 8. We'll be lucky to sweep UNH and Maine this season. Back to the drawing board for Will Brown. Maybe a game benching for any player who shoots a three next game? LOL

I'm a little surprised to see people saying this is the end of the season although probably posted in the heat of the moment. We have no confidence in our offense, the body language was telling even early in the game. Hartford knew exactly what they wanted to do out there and we didn't.

Will Harris had good stats today but I don't think that tells it all. I thought he played his heart out today. I hope that's a sign of things to come.

When Will was at UVA, his nickname was "Mr. High Energy Man" (Or something along those lines anyway). Watching him today, you could really see why. Even when he was on the bench, he was the first one up screaming words of encouragement to his teammates. At one point, he even turned around to us in the crowd and encouraged us to make some noise. He also put forth a phenomenal effort ON the court today which was really nice to see. I hope he maybe has turned a corner for the season...

I never miss the Hartford game...but this cold/flu whatever I have is just near hospitalizing me. However, listening to the game, it sounded like Will Harris did what we all know he can do. Now...he just needs to put this together for a string...and not take games off. Frosh are frosh...that happens....and I am not worried about Raffa.

Mike Johnson sounds like he just doesnt get what team basketball is; that is not suprising to me because we went to the same high school...and our COACH IS THE WORST ON THE PLANET. He needs to wake up.

Frankly, I am pretty sick of people wondering why we dont run this and that for Tim Ambrose. Jamar Wilson came from a similar background (limited coaching...no defense...etc.). Difference between a guy with talent...and a guy who taps his talent...is the willingness to work hard and learn. I have no doubt Timmy works hard...but this is a game about X's and O's and not pure talent. I equate it to when I jumped up levels in baseball-- guys can all throw 80+...but the great pitchers were thinkers and guys who can place the ball where they want it and not hurl it.

TIM IS HURLING IT. He has had THREE FULL SEASONS TO PICK THIS UP. Letting him "loose" is not the answer at this level...SORRY. He has all the talent in the world...but he hasnt figured out HOW to use it. He is Earv Opong...but even Earv learned a bit.

Watching our outside shooting woes was like seeing a hitter in baseball going through a slump. The more you press the more pressure you put on yourself and generally the worse you end up doing. It's amazing that we started out the year shooting 30 plus % from the outside through the first four games, they haven't moved the line outside since the start of the season have they?

The Varsity Club bus got into Hartford well before tip-off so we had a chance to watch the pre-game shoot around. I watched Barraza shooting and he hit shot after shot, I don't think he missed more than one at a time in any stretch. It has to be frustrating for those around the team to know he can shoot and see him struggle in games. I'm probably of the minority opinion that he doesn't shoot enough. He's shooting 28% overall from outside but 35% when he has three or more attempts in a game. You can see him pausing when he catches it and thinking about if he should shoot or not. I'd like to see him lose that conscience and hoist them without worrying about it.

Yesterday was probably the first game I've seen us play where we didn't run and force the tempo to some degree. I've thought when we can make the defense scramble before they get their half-court set up we're a lot more effective and gain some confidence offensively. We did it a little to start the game but that was pretty much it.

Archived