UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany advocacy day

statefan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also saw the model of rhe stadium at the Athletics table. It's nice, but who knows when it gets built.

alum,

How different was it from ATL's avatar? Are there any notable changes or is it basically the same thing as the rendering we've seen. Was it an actual model like on a table?

Challenges aplenty at SUNY

But Zimpher tiptoed around some other delicate questions.

Asked whether a system like SUNY needs one or two flagship campuses former Gov. Eliot Spitzer designated Stony Brook and Buffalo flagships Zimpher said the question of such special designations for research or comprehensive schools would likely be a central issue for the planning process. Asked whether she planned to make major personnel changes at SUNY, Zimpher said it was "too early to call."

This would be an excellent time to get permanent leadership in place so that we have a voice in this "planning process"

I also saw the model of rhe stadium at the Athletics table. It's nice, but who knows when it gets built.

alum,

How different was it from ATL's avatar? Are there any notable changes or is it basically the same thing as the rendering we've seen. Was it an actual model like on a table?

As I think someone might have mentioned before, it is a model correct? An idea of what it could look like, not at all what it will look like? No actual blue print plans have been bid on by companies or drawn up for the project, so I am guessing the model is that, just a model of what the school would be looking to be designed by a company.

My guess is if the project did happen, the actual plans and architecture could be completely different. Just look at for example the world trade center monument. Things have to go out for bid, and different plans hashed out. I would think the companies would need to know how much money they had to build a stadium which would affect how it was designed.

If there has already been a company hired to do the project, my mistake...I am just assuming that since we have no money no companies have bid, and therefore no actual blue prints have been made....if I am misinformed please let me know.

on another note....since Atheltics was the one who had the model on display, maybe if someone contacted them they could post the picture on their website...or contact the people who post the pictures for school's website ..they have a Photo section. Maybe one of the photographers got a picture of the model...

Students lobby at the Capitol

http://capitalnews9.com/Default.aspx?ArID=133441

Click on the video, where you can kind of see what the layout was like.

The story is "Student Lobby Day" at "the Capitol". Was this mixed with or in addition to "UAlbany Advocacy Day" at the North Concourse? I didn't get there until after 5:00 and the concourse displays were wrapping up already.

Didn't see anything about it in the T-U, they had a story on a half-hour interview with Zimpher.

At least they didn't headline the speech by Dan Savage at Sexuality Day.

alum,

As I think someone might have mentioned before, it is a model correct? An idea of what it could look like, not at all what it will look like? No actual blue print plans have been bid on by companies or drawn up for the project, so I am guessing the model is that, just a model of what the school would be looking to be designed by a company.

My guess is if the project did happen, the actual plans and architecture could be completely different. Just look at for example the world trade center monument. Things have to go out for bid, and different plans hashed out. I would think the companies would need to know how much money they had to build a stadium which would affect how it was designed.

If there has already been a company hired to do the project, my mistake...I am just assuming that since we have no money no companies have bid, and therefore no actual blue prints have been made....if I am misinformed please let me know.

on another note....since Atheltics was the one who had the model on display, maybe if someone contacted them they could post the picture on their website...or contact the people who post the pictures for school's website ..they have a Photo section. Maybe one of the photographers got a picture of the model...

It would be great for the model to be put on the website even if it is not a final rendering. I would love to see anything progress and I think a lot of other alumns and donors would too. It shows that there is actually something going on.

You are correct. With not enough money commited to the project, it is all a dream at this point.

alum,

I asked and was told that ....yes it would make sense to put the model and two video clips on the web page, no commitment was made though on whether or not it would actually find it's way to the web site or when. Heery is cranking away on a couple of video clips, a short animation and an additional video that can be used for continued lobbying and solicitation efforts. It does not look like there are any alternate plans in the work, as the athletic dept is apparently fully committed to getting THIS project done someway/somehow, come hell or high water, but who knows, perhaps I'm wrong. I wish them nothing but sucess, although I do wish they could do more to open up the process and engage the people who are on this board as well as other alums.

I asked and was told that ....yes it would make sense to put the model and two video clips on the web page, no commitment was made though on whether or not it would actually find it's way to the web site or when. Heery is cranking away on a couple of video clips, a short animation and an additional video that can be used for continued lobbying and solicitation efforts. It does not look like there are any alternate plans in the work, as the athletic dept is apparently fully committed to getting THIS project done someway/somehow, come hell or high water, but who knows, perhaps I'm wrong. I wish them nothing but sucess, although I do wish they could do more to open up the process and engage the people who are on this board as well as other alums.

Is anyone else a little worried that all the eggs seem to placed in one basket?

Is anyone else a little worried that all the eggs seem to placed in one basket?

Is that the perception of everyone else here? I don't know how accurate that assesment is, who knows, perhaps they do have a backup plan.

Thanks to all that have reported on the happenings of advocacy day.

I really hope the students and adults in back weren't toooooo loud and disrespectful.

Similar to the foul language chanted at the $iena game?

I have been excited about the model that has existed for what, 3 years now. Apparently, that

got us no where. Any model, as msgdg said, is just a model at this point. I won't get too excited if I see it. But, it would be nice to promote the stadium through the model on our websites, etc..

Boisydid - Heery is cranking away at video, etc... ??? Where did you hear that?

The questions that have been burning inside of me is:

Was there a request for stadium funding in this years proposal?

How much was requested?

Is it possible for the University to ask for a large amount, such as 40-50 million, and not

put a 'label of stadium' on the funds? Maybe labeling it as an 'athletic department' upgrade?

I really hope the students and adults in back weren't toooooo loud and disrespectful.

Similar to the foul language chanted at the $iena game?

No, only disrespectful in that they weren't paying attention and talking amongst themselves. It was a low-ceilinged room, longer than wide, so the back half couldn't see the speakers, but the noise from the back carried forward well.

This model has not been around for three years as it shows where it will stand which is now where the current soccer field is. It's fairly small, so it can be hauled around by fund raisers, but if it comes to passed as rendered, I think everyone would be very happy. I'll try to get a picture of it. Then you guys can help me get it posted.

This model has not been around for three years as it shows where it will stand which is now where the current soccer field is. It's fairly small, so it can be hauled around by fund raisers, but if it comes to passed as rendered, I think everyone would be very happy. I'll try to get a picture of it. Then you guys can help me get it posted.

Is it multi-tiered...or one level of stands.

What about press-box....and building facility for offices.

I'd be more then glad to help you post it. PM me, when you have a digital pic of it :blush:

LOL...how starved are we for any information pertaining the multi-sports complex? :D

Archived