UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany @ Vermont

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another opponent we killed on the board...this time the advantage was 39-26....nice!

Will is REALLY starting to turn it up...great to see. Timmy appears to be out of his funk and Raffa has struggled a bit as of lat but nice to see a huge game from our freshman. Allot to look forward to with him running the point for years to come.

Another opponent we killed on the board...this time the advantage was 39-26....nice!

If I recall correctly, board were something like UA 18 - UVM 16 at the half too, so we really picked it up on the boards while we won the second half.

RPI jumps to 106.

Bingo right behind with an RPI of 108.

An early battle for AE RPI supremacy next game.

RPI's nice and all...but...

How bout a battle for 1st place?????

Haggy,

Do you by chance have a lot of $iena fans in your office. They are the only fan base I know obsessed with RPI. RPI means nothing to any of the AE teams until they make the ncaa's at which point RPI would affect that teams seed.

At this point, standings are what counts to get a better seed in the AE tournament. Ultimately whoever wins the AE tournament goes to the ncaas, not the team with the best RPI.

Win on Wednesday UA moves into a tie for first in what looks like a wide open league so far this season.

rpi matters for post season play....if we can't make the NCAA's I'd love to play in the NIT instead of sitting at home or even the CBI (insert joke here)....rpi does matter if you intend to play post season ball.

If you are in the sixties or very low 70, you have a chance at a post season tournament.

rpi matters for post season play....if we can't make the NCAA's I'd love to play in the NIT instead of sitting at home or even the CBI (insert joke here)....rpi does matter if you intend to play post season ball.

If you are in the sixties or very low 70, you have a chance at a post season tournament.

Way too early to be talking about postseason.

To me the goal always is to contend for the conference championship. The goal is not to have an RPI under 100, under 80 under 60, etc. If you meet the goal, the RPI will take care of it self. Obviously being 3 games into conference play UA as well as all the other teams in the league are a long way from the goal

You can follow the RPI, I'll follow the standings. You have 100% chance at post season if you finish the regular season in 1st. You have a better chance of making the ncaas the better your seed is in the AE tournament.

Our team and players were awesome today, too. Our fans really enjoy and feed off the players' energy --- Harris, Ambrose, Raffa, and everyone else. The more pumped they get, our fans get! It's great and lots of fun all around. I'll take an America East game between the Cats and Danes over a NBA game at Madison Sq. Garden any day of the week! And I loved the UAAA-UAAAA-UA-UA chant at the end of the game! That was awesome and felt like deja vu at the same time ... (March 2007). :)

Echo your thoughts here and the thing I thought was odd is how many UVM fans left early. Is there something about fans being only able to root for a team in those colors for a certain period of time before they have to leave the building.

To me the goal always is to contend for the conference championship. - bob87

"87" - If I remember correctly that was one of Coach Brown's primary goals when he was given the job. He wanted to develop a program that would compete for a championship annually.

We as fans want to win everytime out but I think he has put us in a position to be competitive in the AE after a dismal start.....

01/02-03/04 11-39

04/05-present 47-22 (4th, 1st (NCAAs), 2nd (NCAAs), 2nd and currently 2nd).

This team is still a work in progress - for example - BU game M. Johmson takes over the point for Raffa the final 3 minutes and we win, UVM Raffa fouls out Johnson struggles tremendously the final minutes.

Which Michael Johnson is the real MJ?

When will Raffa grow up and not let more mature players bait him into doing stupid things? When will Raffa learn to put the team ahead of his ego?

Raffa also got into it a bit with Kansas guard....Collins. Down by 20 or 30....not sure you should get into it with anyone. I guess that's how he plays though...with a chip on his shoulder. I'd rather he mouth off and play a game like he did yesterday rather then tone it down and lose his intensity. Whatever gets him motivated....as long as it's not a dirty play, I guess I'm OK with it.

Archived