UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Binghamton @ UA

Great Win for the GREAT DANEs. Clicking on all cylinders now, the Danes are the cream of the crop in the AE now. I said Raffa would have his way with Mayben tonight and he did dropping 21 points.

Boysidid you have to be the guy wearing the long king robe with the signs tonight. I loved the "you stole condoms" chant when the Bing player was at the line. Instant classic. Great WIN!!! 1st PLACE from here on out!!

That was not me, I sit in section 200 towards the front. FIIIRRRSSSTT PLACE! Bing should be a little more grounded after this one....UA would have won going away if it wasn't for Lukasa bombing away. He had his shot going today.

Nice, I think I sit right behind you Boisy. I think you and someone else was yelling at Kenny Has. -- wth was he doing at the SEFCU? And wearing a Siena jacket? I mean, jeez ... . Nothing wrong with him buying a ticket to stop by, but the Siena jacket? One reason I don't mind the heckling as to K.H. is because of his comments before and after the games over the past few years. Anyways, on to the game:

Yeh...I ribbed him a little....asked him what he was doing here and if he came here to watch some real basketball. He smiled....I mean to do nothing more then to give him a little business that's all. Kenny, Ronald and someone else were there....I didn't recognize the third guy. Ronald looked like a guy in the witness procetion program....had the hat pulled over and shoulders hunched. No biggy, just having a little bit of fun with them.

Yeah, it was funny ... I think Kenny took it well too, exactly how he should; with a smile. I respect his laid-back reaction. Hope he enjoyed the game!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great Win for the GREAT DANEs. Clicking on all cylinders now, the Danes are the cream of the crop in the AE now. I said Raffa would have his way with Mayben tonight and he did dropping 21 points.

Boysidid you have to be the guy wearing the long king robe with the signs tonight. I loved the "you stole condoms" chant when the Bing player was at the line. Instant classic. Great WIN!!! 1st PLACE from here on out!!

That was not me, I sit in section 200 towards the front. FIIIRRRSSSTT PLACE! Bing should be a little more grounded after this one....UA would have won going away if it wasn't for Lukasa bombing away. He had his shot going today.

Nice, I think I sit right behind you Boisy. I think you and someone else was yelling at Kenny Has. -- wth was he doing at the SEFCU? And wearing a Siena jacket? I mean, jeez ... . Nothing wrong with him buying a ticket to stop by, but the Siena jacket? One reason I don't mind the heckling as to K.H. is because of his comments before and after the games over the past few years. Anyways, on to the game:

Timmy Ambrose and Jimmy Covington were at the Siena/Fairfield game, but, to my knowledge, no one bothered them at all. Kenny has been to a lot of games. I think he's friends with Kamisha Kellam, they're from the same area.

Yeh...I ribbed him a little....asked him what he was doing here and if he came here to watch some real basketball. He smiled....I meant to do nothing more then to give him a little business that's all. Kenny, Ronald and someone else were there....I didn't recognize the third guy. Ronald looked like a guy in the witness procetion program....had the hat pulled over and shoulders hunched. No biggy, just having a little bit of fun with them.

Timmy Ambrose and Jimmy Covington were at the Siena/Fairfield game, but, to my knowledge, no one bothered them at all. Kenny has been to a lot of games. I think he's friends with Kamisha Kellam, they're from the same area.

Yeh...I ribbed him a little....asked him what he was doing here and if he came here to watch some real basketball. He smiled....I meant to do nothing more then to give him a little business that's all. Kenny, Ronald and someone else were there....I didn't recognize the third guy. Ronald looked like a guy in the witness procetion program....had the hat pulled over and shoulders hunched. No biggy, just having a little bit of fun with them.

alum,

I thought it was fairly obvious that I was having a bit of fun with him....at no point did it turn ugly, no one cussed or even got angry. I don't mind him coming to the game AT ALL....wouldn't mind if the whole team + McCaffery showed up. I know most of these guys know each other outside of school and Will and Kenny went to the same school if I'm not mistaken.

Am i the only one that laughed everytime he was announced as "Emanuel Mayben"???

I mean, come on....no more Tiki??

I actually felt badly for him--he had as many points in front of the home crowd as he has eyebrows (1).

That's exactly as it should be as far as identifying Maben as a visiting player. No point in feeding his persona. It sure seemed to put a lid on his partisans, who came into OUR gym to cheer for the visiting team.

I've got to say this is a team with a lot of character. Even looking back at the conf.winners we've produced, I recall they'd occasionally frustrate in clutch situations. This team seems to bend, but doesn't break.

I've got to say this is a team with a lot of character. Even looking back at the conf.winners we've produced, I recall they'd occasionally frustrate in clutch situations. This team seems to bend, but doesn't break. - Classof 72/74

How soon we forget, just 4 games ago lost a game away at Hartford when we faded down the stretch and prior to that we gave a game away at Lehigh blowing a big lead and then twice missing the front ends of 1&1s at the end of the game.

I do agree as of late we have shown a great deal of character but I still believe we are a work in progress.

Will Mike Johnson give us reliable PG play? Will Scottie McCrae mature as a DI player and do what's best for the team. Will Billy Allen or Louis Barazza give us the outside shooting that we desperately need (at times).

11-6 is a good spot to be at - at this point in the season.

I've got to say this is a team with a lot of character. Even looking back at the conf.winners we've produced, I recall they'd occasionally frustrate in clutch situations. This team seems to bend, but doesn't break. - Classof 72/74

How soon we forget, just 4 games ago lost a game away at Hartford when we faded down the stretch and prior to that we gave a game away at Lehigh blowing a big lead and then twice missing the front ends of 1&1s at the end of the game.

I do agree as of late we have shown a great deal of character but I still believe we are a work in progress.

Will Mike Johnson give us reliable PG play? Will Scottie McCrae mature as a DI player and do what's best for the team. Will Billy Allen or Louis Barazza give us the outside shooting that we desperately need (at times).

11-6 is a good spot to be at - at this point in the season.

I agree that we are still a work in progress. I will say that I really like the new rotation that Coach Brown has implemented. Harris, Ambrose and Raffa should play 30-35 minutes a game. Maybe Coach Brown just wanted to get the other guys playing time during the non-conference schedule. Either way, I'm glad those three are playing a majority of the game.

alum73 - that's probably why Coach Brown hates zone especially 3-2 zone, they are hollow in the middle.

To their credit Bing kept Fuller in the high post (foul line) area when shots went up he pretty much had a clear run at the hoop as the weak side wings were cheating out on 3 pt shooters and therefore there was no one to get a piece of him and to his credit he's an outstanding athlete and got his hands on 7 offensive boards.

Archived