UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMBC @ UA

“There’s no secret that we need Timmy and Will on the court for us to be successful,” said Brown. “Will was 80 percent today, and he played well. If Tim defends, he stays on the floor. His defense cost him his minutes in the last game.” - Gazzette
McFan - is this what you call Coach taking a shot at Tim in the Gazette?

To me it appears to be a statement of fact -

There’s no secret that we need Timmy and Will on the court for us to be successful - Brown
Due to foul trouble (silly fouls) Tim got to play 15minutes, in which time he committed 5 fouls and got off 9 shots

If Tim defends, he stays on the floor. His defense cost him his minutes in the last game. - Brown

1st half - 2 quick fouls to the bench, early 2nd half foul #3 to the bench, stagnant offense put Timmy back in foul #4 to the bench put him back in foul #5 good bye Timmy. I don't percieve that as a coach holding back a player that's a player committing stupid fouls which cost him minutes and probably the team the game.

Timmy's a talent but even last night when he almost got a double double Pts (26)-Turnovers (7). Coach apparently tried to let him play through his mistakes. Coach also seems to save Timmy by rotating him out on defense whenever possible.

How about in a 5 pt game Timmy retaliating and throwing Spadafora to the ground - not what I would list as a smart or mature play.

In my opinion we need Tim on the floor as much as possible but he must play better "D" and be more intelligent.

Yes, that is what I call taking a shot at Tim. If he wanted to say bad fouls, lazy fouls, stupid fouls after the SB game, fine. To bring up Tims apparant lack of D after that win (a game later) is not necessary. He could talk about the TO's. After the game coach put the blame on himself. A few days later?

One more point, the SB point gaurd knocked a couple of threes down in a short period in the second half and nobody was yanked. Let's guess if Tim was on the floor where he would have been?

I don't believe I'm alone in thinking that coach has too short a leash on Tim. In fact the crowd around me gets very upset.

Tim makes plenty of mistakes, but this team can't win without him on the floor.

You definitely are not alone. Unless his defense is absolutely atrocious (which it isnt), a team's best offensive player must be on the floor as much as possible. But it seems like every time Tim blows something defensively, out he comes. I think Gifford blows a defensive set every 3 times the floor, yet doesnt get called out.

On a side note...I like the smaller lineup for the post-hartford games...I hope they put in Hastings at the 3 since he can defend the other team's best player and helps to make up for defensive lapses by guys like ambrose

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like to see Hastings on the floor. I think he brings a real good skill set to the table. Love his defensive game. Also, I do see coach's point on Timmy's D, but I really think he has to be on the floor for us to win. The kid can really get to the rim (scoring and rebounding). I think he will eventually come around on the defensive side but his offense really is needed.

McFan - I believe Coach has admitted having Tim on a short leash but he has also said he has to let Tim play through some of his mistakes.

I think in the Stony Brook game Tim brought it on himself. What should a Coach do keep Tim out there and let him foul out in 5 minutes? Tim did it to himself in that game.

He has admitted it. 1st step accomplished. And Sunday he let him play through the TO's, or briefly sat him. But why point out his D again 2 days later and one win later. His point may have been the fouls, but it doesn't read that way.

I just feel it is not our D (or Tim's D) that is the problem, and really hasn't been for most of the season. TO's, check. Inconsistent shooting, check. At times an absolutely stagnant O, check.

Now easier said than done but that running offense against UMBC was great, can we do it more? Aggressive, successful, and entertaining. I think the short leash plays into that too. Coach hates mistakes (who doesn't). Running will create more mistakes but in my opinion more scoring opportunities for this highly athletic team.

Archived