UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Endowment Numbers

danefan

I do think things are changing for the better at UA. We do only have a 10 year history in D1 (Should have gone D1 in the 80s). As we graduate more and more students that enrolled and attended a D1 institution; I believe they will likely stay involved and supportive. It's amazing how just one TV game seems to raise the college pride.

I followed up again with Albany Nano. They reiterated their position that they will be adding undergraduates. I think those graduates will be making good money and can afford to donate. They'll also be attending the BEST Nano program in the country and I'm sure they'll want to keep it that way.

Definitely, the keys to creating a real endowment is adding professional schools and increasing UA athletics. UA athletics comes down to two tasks. We need a better sports conference for all sports but especially football. Adding professional schools largely comes down to acquiring/merging with the existing professional schools.

Since professional schools already exist in Albany, UA is likely to get push back if they wanted to establish their own. Still, there is good news. UA and Albany Med will share their first research building on the UALBANY East Campus. I know and have spoken to very high level people at Albany Law and they understand how valuable being part of a major state university would be to them as well as the entire Capitol District. This particular Albany Law person is actually an advocate for closer ties with UA but is trying to overcome the perceived backlash from their alumni.

We're making progress toward a real endowment but it takes better athletics to keep the alumni connected and more professional programs to get influential and well-off alumni that can afford to donate.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On top of that the state is also helping them out with renovation of facilities etc.....yeh, we have fallen WAY behind.

Thank you doctors in Hilton Head for killing our president and Susan Herbst for running to Georgia when we needed you the most and could have counter-offered with the President position right then and there.

I find this comment despicable! :angry:

Have you lost a family member to a type of death eerily identical to Kermit? Have you also years later almost lost another family member to the same fate only for them to be saved due to location and circumstance? I have, and that is why I hold my view on what went down in Hilton Head.

Archived