UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ SB

Very very disappointing....I'm in need of some serious group therapy. Does anyone have anything positive to say about this team, coaches?

When is the first lacrosse game?

A week from Saturday.

Sounds like I should bring a couple of extra beers for your therapy session

bosiy

10 posts and 8 are yours

Looks like you could have a group therapy session by yourself

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeh, I'm starting to think I'm a bit schizophrenic

Hello all. Just got back from the Debacle at the Brook. Very disappointing to say the least. Turnovers galore, no stops when we needed them, no big hoop when we need it. Same stuff , another game. If it wasn't for 2 games against UNH, we might be in the play-in game. What a different atmosphere at SBU. may have been the smaller arena but crowd into the game and a soldout student section. Coach was not as aggravated as we have seen him. He may be realizing that this team has not jelled, may need another year together, and roles need to be defined.

I will say Giff was player of the game. Raffa was turnover city along with Tim. Connelly was workman like and Jerel tough on D but Will Harris was so quiet. He did not say a word all game to team mates or to SBU even when it got chippy out there. Need him to be a leader.

Need to turn it around the next 4 games or our first time hosting tournament will be a short one.

bosiy

10 posts and 8 are yours

Hello all. Just got back from the Debacle at the Brook. Very disappointing to say the least. Turnovers galore, no stops when we needed them, no big hoop when we need it. Same stuff , another game. If it wasn't for 2 games against UNH, we might be in the play-in game. What a different atmosphere at SBU. may have been the smaller arena but crowd into the game and a soldout student section. Coach was not as aggravated as we have seen him. He may be realizing that this team has not jelled, may need another year together, and roles need to be defined.

I will say Giff was player of the game. Raffa was turnover city along with Tim. Connelly was workman like and Jerel tough on D but Will Harris was so quiet. He did not say a word all game to team mates or to SBU even when it got chippy out there. Need him to be a leader.

Need to turn it around the next 4 games or our first time hosting tournament will be a short one.

Its amazing how loud it got in there with only 1400 people. At this point depending what the standings finish at, I would think being in the 6 spot is better than the 4 or 5. I have said that before, but I'd rather take a first round shot at BU or Binghamton. This way we would avoid playing in Vermont.

Stony Brook made twice as many three point shots as we did and they shot 14%. We were 1-14. The only positives I saw were Giff's play, Ambrose and the fact that tomorrow is still Friday.

Anything about Mike Johnson being injured? I'm pretty sure he would have played in the second half if he weren't.

This team has had me confused since the beginning of the season. My hope was that as the year progressed, we would improve. it seems that we haven't really improved as I had thought. I still think we can put together a nice stretch if everything comes together.

bosiy

10 posts and 8 are yours

Haha, hang in there buddy! So we got a little losing streak here, it's cold out, we got no food (stick with me here), and we're surrounded by enemies (Bingo to the south west, UVM to the north and east, Boston to the east, and SB anchoring the south east with its seawolf naval support. Our conference foes all want our team and its fans (us) to be demoralized and to give up for these last four games and to give up come Tournament time. Our response need only be: "NUTS!"

Historical reference: "General Anthony Clement McAuliffe (July 2, 1898 - August 11, 1975) was the United States Army general who commanded the defending 101st Airborne troops during the Battle of Bastogne, Belgium, during the Battle of the Bulge in World War II. He is famous for his single-word reply to a German surrender ultimatum: 'Nuts!'"

Background:

"On December 22, 1944, through a party consisting of a major, captain, and two privates under a flag of truce that entered the American lines southeast of Bastogne (occupied by Company F, 2nd Battalion, 327th Glider Infantry), General Heinrich Freiherr von Lüttwitz sent the following ultimatum to Gen. McAuliffe:

To the U.S.A. Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne.

The fortune of war is changing. This time the U.S.A. forces in and near Bastogne have been encircled by strong German armored units. More German armored units have crossed the river Our near Ortheuville, have taken Marche and reached St. Hubert by passing through Hompre-Sibret-Tillet. Libramont is in German hands.

There is only one possibility to save the encircled U.S.A. troops from total annihilation: that is the honorable surrender of the encircled town. In order to think it over a term of two hours will be granted beginning with the presentation of this note.

If this proposal should be rejected one German Artillery Corps and six heavy A. A. Battalions are ready to annihilate the U.S.A. troops in and near Bastogne. The order for firing will be given immediately after this two hours term.

All the serious civilian losses caused by this artillery fire would not correspond with the well-known American humanity.

The German Commander.

McAuliffe sent back his now-famous reply: "NUTS!" The 101st was able to hold off the German assault until the 4th Armored Division arrived to provide reinforcement. For his actions at Bastogne, McAuliffe was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross by General Patton on December 30, 1944, followed later by the Distinguished Service Medal.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_McAuliffe

:)

From the sounds of things two of our starters haven't been able to practice or if they do it's not regularly. Combine that with three road games against the top half of the conference in a one week stretch and you're likely to get what we've had.

btw midway into the second half at the gamee yest they played cotton eye joe and had the band students dance team and cheerleaders on the court dancing around.

how the f do the referees allow that?

how can you just let all those people on the court during the game?

and those oficials were terrible. i never complain about refs but they were ridiculous

Archived