UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Why can't we buy a win lately?

Always interesting to see what a four game losing streak does to us as fans. Nine days ago we were a contender and both the coaches and players were pretty good. Now they all seem to be bums.

just saying one special player can bring a team a long way

I agree. I just think people forget sometimes that as great as great as he was we had losing seasons (one of them a 23 loss season) during Jamar's first two years here. It was only after Lou Jordan, Jason Siggers, Brian Lillis, Brent Wilson were added to the mix that we become a winning program.

On a totally different note, one of the things we've talked about since we joined the AE is hoping the conference gets better in basketball. This year it IS better and we're finding out how tough it is to get wins, especially on the road.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't by the Jamar Wilson comment....

two words JAMAR WILSON

that is the reason why we went to the tournament twice.

will brown is not the reason we went twice.

jamar wilson was a blessing from the skys -UA08

Just for your knowledge Jamar Wilson's first 2 full seasons 3-13 AE (7-21) and 9-9 AE (13-15) total 12-22 AE (20-36). As GREAT!!!! as Jamar was I think Siggers, Brent, Lillis, Iati and teammates had alot to do with the success his Jr & Sr seasons.

Last year after 2 NCAA seasons we were terrible - tied for 2nd place.

Just three years ago we had our 1st winning record in conference play since joining the America East.

It's great to have such high expectations

UVM 1st year after Coppenrath & Sorrentine 7-9 (13-17)

Fire Coach Brown NOW!!!!!

Since the start of the 05/06 season he's only guided us to a 41-19 AE record (74-48 overall) in the past 4 seasons (atleast 5 games remain this year).

When you make stupid mistakes, you should get pulled! What the team is really missing is Levi Levine. When people screwed up on those teams Levi would take it upon hisself to straighten those players out, and it might even have been Jamar, when needed. We need some of that leadership on this team.

Just three years ago we had our 1st winning record in conference play since joining the America East.

It's great to have such high expectations

Since the start of the 05/06 season he's only guided us to a 41-19 AE record (74-48 overall) in the past 4 seasons (atleast 5 games remain this year).

It has to be a burden for the staff when the program is so visible. While this year has been met with some disappointment, the recent success and the coverage and access to the program has led to some unrealistic expectations.

Heck, look at the women's program which is 3-19 right now, yet nobody openly complains. Coach Brown would be crucified (and then fired) with those results.

I am very excited to see Logan play, and Blake should be a post presence big that we haven't seen in a while, but I am still hoping for the best this season. If it doesn't happen this year, I guess I could "suffer" through another year of Albany men's basketball.

Some great points on this issue.

Rather than the only reason we went back to back to the NCAA's, I would say Jamar was the primary reason. Other teams had Lou Jordans, Brent Wilsons, etc. Nobody had Jamar Wilson.

I've repeated this over and over. The quick hook is a problem. If Coach had 12 players Jamars freshman and sophomore years we would have never known how good he was. He was (and continued to be) a turnover machine. I compare his TO's to many of Tim's TO's. Overly aggressive. Raffa's are troubling. Lazy passes 28 feet from the basket.

Aggressive TO's I can live with because if they don't happen you could actually score. Coach doesn't seem to differentiate.

That said, this offense is stagnant and has been for the better part of two years. And this offense is very predictable. To me it looks like a simple version of the same play 90% of the time. Never a back door. Teams overplay our wings all the time and we seem to have no "check down".

Lastly, after watching that game last night I want those 2 hours of my life back.

"Ambrose - we all wanted to see alot of him last year and now we're getting it and we should be able to see why Coach struggles with him in AE play 27 assists 48 TOs. Last night 5 FGs v. 6 TOs"

In his defense last night, 2 of those were in the last 30 seconds and prior to that he was asked to do everything. He also added 8 boards and 2 assist in his 28 minutes of play.

In my opinion, Brown has lost the team. I don't think a lot of the kids have respect for him. He's called out guys individually in the media a bunch of times this year. He's benching guys left and right. It's been a pattern since Jamar graduated. I expect to see more transfers this offseason. I think many of the players are fed up with Brown and his stubborn style of play.

I do not see the Will Brown era ending well.

In my opinion, Brown has lost the team. I don't think a lot of the kids have respect for him. He's called out guys individually in the media a bunch of times this year. He's benching guys left and right. It's been a pattern since Jamar graduated. I expect to see more transfers this offseason. I think many of the players are fed up with Brown and his stubborn style of play.

If a bunch of players transfer out again...(more then one) I'm going to be very very upset! There simply is no excuse for losing 2 or 3 (god forbid more players) a year. If you are losing that many, something is wrong.

Shocking that instead of predicting how many Siena players will leave after this season or how many more times Fran or his family will embarsess themselves and LCC, a Siena fan comes here to make negative predictions about Albany.

Shocking that instead of predicting how many Siena players will leave after this season or how many more times Fran or his family will embarsess themselves and LCC, a Siena fan comes here to make negative predictions about Albany.

Just my $0.02. Brown's player turnover has rivaled Lanier's, not McCaffery's.

Just my $0.02. Brown's player turnover has rivaled Lanier's, not McCaffery's.

Soup last year alone McCaffery lost three!

Archived