UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNH @ Albany

How about this bit of info....

“I said to Brian Connelly, Brett Gifford and Jimmie Covington, who I’ve been around the longest, `Help me out here with these guys. Is this the most patient I’ve ever been?’ And Brian Connelly said, `By far, coach.’ And they’re not responding to the patting on the back and the coddling, so I’m going back to getting in their faces and riding them and holding them accountable for every little thing. We’re inconsistent right now, we’re not playing well right now, so the patting on the back and coddling isn’t helping, so that’s going to go away.”

Apparently he's been doing what we have been screaming for....AND?????

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's he gonna say? How about telling us what is going on how he's going to solve the problem. These losses are unacceptable. If UAlbany doesn't make it to the ESPN game, then I will consider this season a failure like last season's.

So you think that any season in which we don't make the postseason is a failure?

Wow - that is an impossible expectation year in and year out.

What I'm saying is we should be in the tournament final consistently or winning regular season titles so we got that NIT bid in our back pocket in case we need it. How else do you build a dynasty?

That really wouldn't be a recruiting trip now would it.... he went down a couple of days ago and since Ralph has already signed he can talk about him. Unless of course he is going to see someone else playing in that game.

At this point Watts is a recruit, not a UA player.

DP also stated that we have been looking at Brickhouse on Peekskill (all 5'8" of him.) With Peekskill two hours away it would make sense to travel there, take in a game, and travel back to Albany to work with the team on Thursday.

Then again, I don't know. Send him an e-mail and we can see where he is going...

That really wouldn't be a recruiting trip now would it.... he went down a couple of days ago and since Ralph has already signed he can talk about him. Unless of course he is going to see someone else playing in that game.

At this point Watts is a recruit, not a UA player.

DP also stated that we have been looking at Brickhouse on Peekskill (all 5'8" of him.) With Peekskill two hours away it would make sense to travel there, take in a game, and travel back to Albany to work with the team on Thursday.

Then again, I don't know. Send him an e-mail and we can see where he is going...

I thought you were smart :wacko: You know he can't talk about recruiting! What do you want him to do...join the baseball coach?

What's he gonna say? How about telling us what is going on how he's going to solve the problem. These losses are unacceptable. If UAlbany doesn't make it to the ESPN game, then I will consider this season a failure like last season's.

So you think that any season in which we don't make the postseason is a failure?

Wow - that is an impossible expectation year in and year out.

What I'm saying is we should be in the tournament final consistently or winning regular season titles so we got that NIT bid in our back pocket in case we need it. How else do you build a dynasty?

it would not surprise me one bit if this team did make it to the finals. as terrible as they are playing anything can happen when you play at home.

It would not surprise me one bit if this team did make it to the finals. as terrible as they are playing anything can happen when you play at home.

Yeah, but I thought we were playing at home yesterday.

Lol true. Maybe a sold out crowd will help? But then again they lost to vermont in front of a sold out crowd. Should be interesting to see where we finish. As long as we are not in the play in game we have a shot.

That is the one and I remember Mike had some issues with TO.

Not to support UVM - and I cannot believe I'm providing information showing that whiny ***** Trimboli in a positive light - but in conference play, he did lead the AE in assists (80 assists, 5.0 apg) and so even though he turned the ball over a lot (64 turnovers, 4.0 per), he still had a somewhat respectable Assist/TO ratio (1.25, tied for 18th in the league).

For the sake of comparison, in 13 conference games so far, our starting backcourt (Raffa and Ambrose) has 55 assists (4.2 per game; 27 assists for Raffa, 28 assists for Ambrose) and 85 turnovers (6.5 per game; 35 for Raffa, 50 for Ambrose).

An no, bosiydid, this is not an invitation to you to lament about our lack of a "true PG." We simply don't RUN many sets to get into, and the last time we had a "true PG" we went 7-21, so it's more than just that.

I'm not gonna lament, just wanted to point out that in listening the coaches pregame show on 980AM CB said that they installed 3 or 4 new sets to combat the TO problem. It appears to have worked as they only had 10, let's hope they adjust and can continue to fine tune those sets. Inconsistent play from our PG is only a part of the problem and by no means the only issue we have.

I hope I didn't lament to much... :rolleyes:

Archived