UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNH @ Albany

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've liked Raffa this year but since the (foot?) injury he doesn't seem like the same player to me. I admire him gutting it out but his shooting and defense all seem to have been affected.

It may be the Dayquil talking but I'll offer this radical line-up switch. Move our assist leader (that's right!) Tim Ambrose to PG, Will Harris at the other guard and play Barazza at SF to open things up. A little more size at the guard spot for defensive purposes and a better shooting lineup. More or less what Dennis Wolff did when he moved Corey Lowe to the PG spot after Morris went down.

Not too crazy.

I've toyed w/ my all offensive lineup.

Raffa at PG.

Ambrose at SG.

Barraza at SG/SF.

Harris at SF.

McCrae at C.

25 TO's a game but maybe we could crack 70 again.

I would take the over on 25 with your lineup any night

McRae is a little undersized to be starting at the 5...even in the AE. But he should definitely be the first guy coming off the bench ...kind of glad to see the Gifford love-fest coming to and end.

MY ideal starting 5 coming into the year would have been:

Raffa

Ambrose

Hastings

Harris

Connelly

And I still think thats the best line-up

McRae is a little undersized to be starting at the 5...even in the AE. But he should definitely be the first guy coming off the bench ...kind of glad to see the Gifford love-fest coming to and end.

MY ideal starting 5 coming into the year would have been:

Raffa

Ambrose

Hastings

Harris

Connelly

And I still think thats the best line-up

I think McRae brings as much size to the 5 as Connelly does. Physically Connelly has the weight advantage but he doesn't really challenge anyone. McRae would block a few shots vs. Connelly taking a few charges. I just worry about a starting 5 w/ Hastings and Connelly. Both are a bit challenged offensively. If suddenly Ambrose, Harris, and/or Raffa is having an off night, we are down to one or two options.

And although Barreza's percentage is nothing to write home about, I think he is the only one to really stretch a defense. I would like to think w/ more minutes (and minutes when he is option 4 or 5) he could find a little more room and consistency. I've been wrong before though.

Not too crazy.

I've toyed w/ my all offensive lineup.

Raffa at PG.

Ambrose at SG.

Barraza at SG/SF.

Harris at SF.

McCrae at C.

25 TO's a game but maybe we could crack 70 again.

I would take the over on 25 with your lineup any night

Nothing like an over/under to bring post number 13 ot of KJMac

Here's a lineup...I'm a sucker for putting a whole mess a forwards on the floor

Johnson

Harris

Hastings

McRae

Connelly

think about it....

how about a 3-2 zone with that group?

I'm convinced they could play man at a high level...Harris/Hastngs could cover any 2/3 in this league

On O

they could run!

...and in the half court whomever is guarded by the smaller man could show some mid-range game and maybe even get the ball with their back to the basket.

Why not...we're in 7th place

I'm guessing I'm in the minority that actually wants to see Giff get the ball more in the post. He's the only player making over 50% from the field and I think he could do more if he got the ball every once in a while.

DP, I totally agree with you. We have NO inside game.

Given the chance, I believe Giff could make a huge impact, if he was encouraged to attack the basket.

I believe there is NO emphasis placed on Giff working down low. The last thing on his mind is attacking the basket, and I think that mindset was molded by the coaching staff. Opponents know that albany doesn't operate down low, and is why they are all over us on the perimeter.

If he learned to attack the basketball aggressively, he'll get to the line, and he MAKES his FTs.

He's not the only one. With Harris and his size and athletic ability, I think we should be posting him up as well.

And Maybe not this year, but other years, Connelly showed some acceptable low posts moves in the past.

I'm guessing I'm in the minority that actually wants to see Giff get the ball more in the post. He's the only player making over 50% from the field and I think he could do more if he got the ball every once in a while.

I'm with you on Gifford (and Covington) getting the ball more in the post!

Unfortunately, Giff and Covingtons FG% drops once you add in the travels and offensive fouls.

I do think that Gifford has not developed much at this point on the offensive end. Chicken or the egg I guess. Would he show more with more opportunities, or if he developed more would he get more opportunities.

Archived