UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

McRae thrown out of practice!

A bench player like MCCray getting kicked out of a practice should not be news. Of course, in the "digital age" of news, a beat writer like Singelais will blog about little things like this to keep the Times Union relevant. The team is down, so this tidbit of information about internal strife adds to the "Brown has lost the team" narrative some posters (both pro and anti UA) are trying to push. No need to lock threads though. Differing opinions are the reason these fan forums exist.

I have never been a fan of Brown's offense...too deliberate and too easily exploited by an aggressive overplaying defense denying the wing pass. But I also know this same offensive set has produced 20 win seasons. Yes, Jamar was a big part of that, but we also had a complimentary group who could consistently make shots from the perimeter. The current group does not have that. In the two latest losses, Danes have made exactly 2 out of 25 3pt attempts. Harris is 0 for his last 14 over the last 4 games. That level of ineptitude speaks for itself. The bottom line is that this team is not very good, and Raffa has not been himself since the foot/toe injury. My hope at this point is we make the AE Quarter final game on Sat and win it. Anything after that is gravy this year.

Did not realize Scotty was only 20. My wife and I have been concerned all season about his lack of confidence. As soon as he makes a mistake he hangs his head and waits for the yank. I don't know how you can improve or even play with so little confidence. I guess to coach you have to be a psychologist and realize each player is different and then be able to explain to 12 - 15 players why they are being treated different. I've played 4 yrs at UA and coached 9 years--- it is easier to play!!!!!!!!!

Reading about transfers and _____ coach should be fired are my least favorite types of posts.

Even at 3-21?

Not saying I haven't been temped but I have a tough time rooting for someone to lose their job. Especially in this job market. There are some things that I have to trust will be self-evident.

I will add, in the interest of full disclosure, that I too have been thrown out of one of Will Brown's practices. Technically, maybe more than once.

Not saying I haven't been temped but I have a tough time rooting for someone to lose their job. Especially in this job market. There are some things that I have to trust will be self-evident.

It is definitely not the ideal situation, but right now I am just frustrated from a purely selfish stand-point because I would love to see all the athletic programs grow and I would not mind attending the games if I thought the direction of the program was forwards.

Anyhow, this thread should be about Scotty (and DP) getting thrown out of practice. My bad.

I really feel for Scotty McRae...because he is just a kid. But you know what...when my Dad called me up one day and calmly said: "You better start getting your $iena together...and if you dont get X grades (which was well above a 3.0) you have two choices: you come home on your own and go to Brooklyn College...or I come up and get you and bring you back down to do the same...or you have a THIRD CHOICE....BECOME A MAN AND FIGURE IT OUT!"....well.....

...I ended up going to a top graduate program...and then on to law school. I figured it out on my own...after given a chance by an adult. I became a man.

Scotty...needs to MAN THE F'UP already. He seemingly has been given chances as evinced by the PT last week.

I feel the worst for his teammates-- he has completely let them down because he is so talented. To be tossed from not one...but two practices...and to be a kid who isnt violent, mean, or by any stretch a bad student...means you dont have heart...and cant make decisions.

MAN UP SCOTTY-- you will feel better about yourself...and win the respect of coaches and teammates. And I truly hope he does!

Archived