UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making the game tied at the end of regulation today was bizarrely similar to our overtime loss in the quarterfinals of the NCAA tournament, when cornell scored on a last second shot with ZERO time left. That sucked. Today was acceptable. We should be 0-2 right now.

My impression coming into the season was that we had some serious talent on this team.

What i've seen in the first two games is that talent exists, but the team hasn't decided to run on all cylinders yet.

Not much pressure coming from UA on the defensive end.

Let's hope this was a wake up call.

Edited by uofalbany
Thank you Joe Resetarits for the goal to get to one and the goal to tie. I hope one of the local TV stations got the end of that game, sounded like a wild ending.

I am told that Channel 9 will be showing the tying and winning goals at 9:45. Apparently they were also showing it at 8:45, but that has passed already.

How many straight losses is it for Siena?

Siena kept their record intact of losing every game in the d1 era.

Results from the media guide and today

2000 22-5

2001 DNP

2002 17-5

2003 14-2

2004 DNP

2005 DNP

2006 14-9

2007 21-8

2008 13-6

2009 8-7 (2 OT)

Edited by bob87

Andrew Santillo of the Record makes the case that this game should be later in the year at a time that more people can see it - Record Blog

I hadn't realized Siena only lost one starter from last year's team. Probably a big factor in yesterday's game.

Andrew Santillo of the Record makes the case that this game should be later in the year at a time that more people can see it - Record Blog

I hadn't realized Siena only lost one starter from last year's team. Probably a big factor in yesterday's game.

Great point. It should also be played in our new football stadium :rolleyes: - the spring version of the Albany Cup!

Then we could play them in the fall as well..........in tiddly winks. The Albany Crown!

Seriously though, this game should be later in the season.

The basketball game should also be later in the season - during ESPN Rivalry Week. The attendance and fanfare is much greater than a lot of the rivalry week games that made national TV this year.

Edited by danefan