UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Raffa Rumor

I disagree with most of the stuff posted on the times union blog, but what i did find interesting was raffa's playing time during the tournament. It does look a little shady playing him 2 min in the first game and 3 in the second. those two games brought him down from a double digit scorer to single digits. Playing him those few min defenitley tanked his stats which could have made a difference when transferring.

Raffa was hurt and was only available for emergency situations. In both of those mini appearances, UA was in foul trouble I believe, and had to have someone out there

true, now i remember that, just a coincidence then

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the TU Blog Raffa was severely banged up since before the Hartford game in late January (Groin, ankle and toe). From that time on he was basically ineffective and rightfully so. Not able to practice they still tried to use him in games until they had to shut him down completely.

Raffa was cleared at the start of the AE tourney ( which doesn't necessarily mean he was 100%) and therefore was used very sparingly. He had extremely less mobility the last month and a half then he did at the start of the season.

Everybody was frustrated I'm sure - the fans, the coaches and Anthony. He is a tremedously talented scorer when healthy and evidently was very frustrated. There is no reason why he couldn't have been a key contributor splitting time at PG and shooting guard much like Jamar Wilson did over his career.

Evidently Coach Brown wanted him back atleast he stated so publicly, and in fact gave Anthony time to think it over and Raffa made a decision which he felt was in his best interest.

If Raffa had not gotten injured he would of had a very good freshman season and in my opinion been an All Rookie selection and would have competed for "ROY".

I disagree with most of the stuff posted on the times union blog, but what i did find interesting was raffa's playing time during the tournament. It does look a little shady playing him 2 min in the first game and 3 in the second. those two games brought him down from a double digit scorer to single digits. Playing him those few min defenitley tanked his stats which could have made a difference when transferring.

I find this statement truly incredible.

Besides the foul trouble that was alluded to (and which you then recognized)-

With only a limited number of scholarships to fill, I cannot imagine any coach (any any college level - DI or lower) would make a decision on a potential transfer based on per game averages. Hell, even I - as a fan - look at game logs and it's sure as hell not my job to "scout" anyone. A coach that was considering Raffa as a transfer is going to look at whatever tape is available, from HS and college, and make a decision based on that along with a thorough analysis of the stats, not rely on the fact two games late in the season where he was less than 100% that dropped his ppg below some arbitrary threshold.

What I find completely idiotic and ridicules in reading the comments on the TU blog is that CB has decided weeks ago he no longer want's Anthony and thus played him limited minutes to push him out the door. Never mind the fact that Anthony started a ton of games all season, was the 3rd leading scorer and took 3rd most shots as a freshmen. The TU blogs have really turned into quite a cesspool.

What I find completely idiotic and ridicules in reading the comments on the TU blog is that CB has decided weeks ago he no longer want's Anthony and thus played him limited minutes to push him out the door. Never mind the fact that Anthony started a ton of games all season, was the 3rd leading scorer and took 3rd most shots as a freshmen. The TU blogs have really turned into quite a cesspool.

I saw some jersey names on there as well. Do you think some of them are Raffa's friends from the south Jersey area?

Archived