UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Everyone above is right when saying that the article wasn't that bad. I agree 100 percent. My issue I guess is why even write the article? Everyone knows and gets the fact that UA has had players leave over the past few seasons. But, why exactly write this article now? It's not like we had a mass exodus this off season. Raffa left. I know he was a big player this season and we had high hopes for him, but ultimately it was ONE guy. As a matter of fact, the argument can be made that CB has progressed in his ability to deal with players since instead of dismissing McRae, he is still a member of the program and CB seems open to the idea of having him back! Your telling me that if Siena (Who has had their fare share of players leave over the past few seasons as well I believe) had two guys leave this offseason that the TU would have written an article about them?? I think not...

Everyone above is right when saying that the article wasn't that bad. I agree 100 percent. My issue I guess is why even write the article? Everyone knows and gets the fact that UA has had players leave over the past few seasons. But, why exactly write this article now? It's not like we had a mass exodus this off season. Raffa left. I know he was a big player this season and we had high hopes for him, but ultimately it was ONE guy. Your telling me that if Siena (Who has had their fare share of players leave over the past few seasons as well I believe) had two guys leave this offseason that the TU would have written an article about them?? I think not...

Because in the TU's eyes there isn't anything else to write about. There isn't a nationally ranked lacrosse team in the Capital Region. There isn't a two-time defending conference champion football team starting spring practice. There isn't a great up and coming track program and there isn't an issue with disproprtionate SUNY funding. That stuff just hasn't happened when you see things through the green and gold colored stained glass at the end Wolf Road. :glare:

Everyone above is right when saying that the article wasn't that bad. I agree 100 percent. My issue I guess is why even write the article? Everyone knows and gets the fact that UA has had players leave over the past few seasons. But, why exactly write this article now? It's not like we had a mass exodus this off season. Raffa left. I know he was a big player this season and we had high hopes for him, but ultimately it was ONE guy. Your telling me that if Siena (Who has had their fare share of players leave over the past few seasons as well I believe) had two guys leave this offseason that the TU would have written an article about them?? I think not...

Because in the TU's eyes there isn't anything else to write about. There isn't a nationally ranked lacrosse team in the Capital Region. There isn't a two-time defending conference champion football team starting spring practice. There isn't a great up and coming track program and there isn't an issue with disproprtionated SUNY funding. That stuff just hasn't happened when you see things through the green and gold colored stained glass at the end Wolf Road. :glare:

Isn't that the truth! Therein lies my problem with the transfer article....is there nothing else to write about? How many blog entries were there last year when we got verbal commits from Watts and the other kids? The excuse was that it was track season. The Times Useless is in the business of making Siena look good and if that means casting a negative light on the up and coming local competitor then so be it. I don't know about anyone else, but I have been conditioned to approach every story the TU has on UA with caution. Remember how they ran hog wild with numerous stories on how UA has a big crime problem....and then proceeded to insinuate that UA is not being truthful in reported the crimes? There is absolutely no balance in their reporting!

• 2 weeks later...
I should probably leave well enough alone since this topic has died down, but I was struck by the following article regarding Kansas and players transferring out after year end meetings with Coach Self, exactly at the time Kansas needs to free up scholarships:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1134722.html

Self was just named National Coach of the Year last week.

Archived